Prediction Changes v Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Saints yesterday showed that turning up the pressure ,look at their tackle count in the second half, can make even the best teams game plan go to water.

We need our midfield to include Fyfe and to turn up the heat from the first bounce, not let the hawks play their game plan. Pretty much what carlton did to us the week before, bullied and belted us all day.

As a weather fanatic, I'm confident in what I said.

So, just cause it's raining now, that means it's going to rain this afternoon as well? Of course not.

The ground will be wet, yes, but there is a good chance it will not actually be raining during the game.

There is likely to be light rain up to lunch, hopefully it eases off then, and we'll get heavy rain later tonight and into tomorrow.

It will rain during the game guaranteed, heavy rain more likely. Im not sure what you are looking at..

As a weather fanatic, I'm confident in what I said.

I hope you are correct , given our team selection. but doesn't appear that way given the BOM forecast today and tomorrow.

I like the in's even if they do seem a week late and a bit reactionary, just dont want to be to tall if its a really wet game.

It will rain during the game guaranteed, heavy rain more likely. Im not sure what you are looking at..
I have a premium subscription to windy.com, clearly shows the rain will ease off. Backed up by the weatherzone app that shows the probability of rain at 45% at 3pm, dropping further to just 7% at 4pm.

Of course this means it may/will rain during some of the game, but the likelihood says more of the game will be clear.

Again, the ground will be wet, so it's not like I'm suggesting we'll be getting a dry weather game, just that it hopefully won't be raining.

This weather event seems too hard to predict. I use wunderground (gives a great 10-day display with a nice graphic for the rain), and it has been changing dramatically. Right now it backs up what mattis117 says above.

I have no idea what to expect from this team. None whatsoever. And I'm fed up feeling like that.
We feel way too tall.
And Watson is an uninspiring in!

It's just so MEH. Again. Another week of heading down to Optus with that nervous intrepidation of an impending defeat.

Young teams are inconsistent right!
Too tall , too small !
Where does Goldilocks sit in the NAD ?
Let's sell the farm to get her in .

I hope you are correct , given our team selection. but doesn't appear that way given the BOM forecast today and tomorrow.

I like the in's even if they do seem a week late and a bit reactionary, just dont want to be to tall if its a really wet game.
I have a premium subscription to windy.com, clearly shows the rain will ease off. Backed up by the weatherzone app that shows the probability of rain at 45% at 3pm, dropping further to just 7% at 4pm.

Of course this means it may/will rain during some of the game, but the likelihood says more of the game will be clear.

Again, the ground will be wet, so it's not like I'm suggesting we'll be getting a dry weather game, just that it hopefully won't be raining.
Windy is 200% better than BOM.

anyone see the Inside lockdown docco on the ffc site actually pretty good i only just found it. interesting insight in to the club

We need to win this one.

The fact that it is possible to shift 12 positions upward (as high as 5th) on the ladder today should be motivation. Most likely whoever wins will be 10th and the loser in the bottom 4 another week. Get it done boys.

No excuses with their best player out. Margetts already umpired Claremont v SF yesterday.
Are you referring to Tom Mitchell?

Ahhh, I see. Margetts is far from the worst.
I’m not too familiar with the umpires but I’ve seen a fair bit of posting on here to suggest others are worse.
Our intent and pressure is what will win us the game, not who is blowing the whistle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s bloody disappointing that once again Acres gets the gig and that JLo didn’t follow through on his tough talk during the week about selection but the reality is that only two of the players you named are either capable and/or available for selection and they’re both in the team playing another role. Duman looks like he may be close now but I have doubts he’d be all that much better.
Acres needs a big game today and most important of all we need to get a quality wingman into our side during trade and drafting!!! Reading the article about Langdon being in career best form this season, being given a license to attack and that Melb targeted him to fill a need on their wing is annoying. We still haven’t replaced Hill and Langdon! Hopefully one or two of the youngsters on our squad can develop into that player but it’s a long way off on current form.
Next week we have a ute load of those players I named up and about, but I have seen little to suggest Acres won’t be lining up. Giro and Henry both available, and Thomas and Duman options, either as wing or freeing up someone else to play there.

Next week we have a ute load of those players I named up and about, but I have seen little to suggest Acres won’t be lining up. Giro and Henry both available, and Thomas and Duman options, either as wing or freeing up someone else to play there.

Thomas and Henry aren’t wingers and aren’t AFL ready! Not options. Giro was dropped so clearly he’s not an option. Duman has played 3 games on the wing in the last 5 years if that and hasn’t done a great job at it! He played HB yesterday for Peel. Tucker is the only option but he’s weeks off, unless they rob the forward line and throw Fredrick to the wolves.
Unfortunately as we are with Colyer, we’re stuck with some substandard players at the top level until we get some replacements.

Thomas and Henry aren’t wingers and aren’t AFL ready! Not options. Giro was dropped so clearly he’s not an option. Duman has played 3 games on the wing in the last 5 years if that and hasn’t done a great job at it! He played HB yesterday for Peel. Tucker is the only option but he’s weeks off, unless they rob the forward line and throw Fredrick to the wolves.
Unfortunately as we are with Colyer, we’re stuck with some substandard players at the top level until we get some replacements.
Acres was preferred to Giro, who hasn’t been dropped: check his game tally for confirmation. Henry is a wingman. Duman played wing pre draft. He is an option for wing and our best 22.

If the coach chooses he can play Cerra on the wing, Duman in defence, and Conca in the middle. But Longmuir prefers Acres on the wing. OR he can bring in Duman/Henry and play Aish on the wing, but Longmuir prefers Acres.

Also, most clubs have players who aren’t at the top standard. If we are waiting for replacements we may as well give up.

Acres was preferred to Giro, who hasn’t been dropped: check his game tally for confirmation. Henry is a wingman. Duman played wing pre draft. He is an option for wing and our best 22.

If the coach chooses he can play Cerra on the wing, Duman in defence, and Conca in the middle. But Longmuir prefers Acres on the wing. OR he can bring in Duman/Henry and play Aish on the wing, but Longmuir prefers Acres.

Also, most clubs have players who aren’t at the top standard. If we are waiting for replacements we may as well give up.

Yep, most clubs have substandard players, and their supporters bemoan their inclusion in the team, the club doctors work tirelessly to get the better players available, the list managers identify replacements as do the development coaches. Giving up would be weak and not something I would suggest. Acres is preferred because he’s currently our best option. Just got to live with that unfortunately.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back