Changes v kangas

Oct 19, 2012
Minas Morgul
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Bont isn't explosive - he was in the bottom 10% of his draft class, that count against him forward. He has such a good football brain it just isn't that noticeable as a mid. I still like him with ball in hand delivering the ball into the F50. Even last week his goals were kicked as a mid, not when playing forward.

Not that I disagree with you in regards to any of this but Naughton was seen as below average With the 20m sprint at the combine.

But all I have seen of him suggests he has a great burst of speed. I’m it sure how much relevance should be put into combine results of 6 years ago.

Granted he is better as a mid delivering and kicking goals, but we simply don’t have another strong body available to help Naughts.

Bemoreboyddog

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 4, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
We have too many midfielders anyway.
Let the Bont be a permanent forward
Which let's Dunkley and Libba play their natural roles.Bont could be the new Pavlich.
Worth a try anyway...
Please no. If he’s forward our delivery inside 50 somehow gets even worse and you’re asking him to go into the forward and polish a turd effectively. We need our best kicks delivering the ball inside 50 which is why Bont should stay mid and IMO Caleb should be around there too, not in the backline.

AFDogs

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 9, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Has Bevo been reading these forums?

oldtaylor-1.gif

Substance

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 6, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
North will be quite experienced, as usual. Note they are significantly heavier than us on average.

Western Bulldogs Attribute North Melbourne
186.8cm Height 188.6cm
84.5kg Weight 88.0kg
24yr 3mth Age 25yr 10mth
82.7 Games 110.4

0utsider

Club Legend
Jul 19, 2018
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Bont will start at CHF but will push up the ground to effectively become another midfielder I'd expect. Don't expect to see him around too many stoppages but he'll lead up the ground and we'll look to him to take the ball inside 50. Still think we need another tall forward in the long run but I don't mind it here and there.

Charlie Bucket

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 16, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Some good ins but geez our fwd line looks undersized.
Roberts needed to stay in with Gowers out. Roberts Def, Trengove and English rotate fwd ruck, even though the thought of Trenners fwd makes me feel ill. It’s the only way it would work.

Unless Bevo goes undersized down back and plays the fwd ruck rotation with those two.

Either way I absolutely disagree with some comments on here that it’s the strongest team all year.

Oh well, the ins deserve a gig and I’m sure Bevo backs in whatever the plan is.

Charlie Bucket

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 16, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Or, as some have mentioned we could play Bont predominantly fwd which can be done with our mid depth.

Whoever it plays out, if we’re on, we have North covered comfortably.

Back