Preview Changes v lions Saturday 2:35pm @Metricon

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any kid who's not injured plays. Will Walker, Perez, Xerri, Murphy, Kyron,,,,,,,get em in there. Give X a sustained run in the ruck. Give Taz a break, and see if Durdin is up to it..... had enough time/opportunities. I don't care what the score line is, need to make some evidence based decisions for the future of the list, rather than just hope players are "developing" .

"Aiden Bonar (AC joint), Jed Anderson (eye), Josh Walker (corked thigh), Robbie Tarrant (corked calf) and Majak Daw (corked calf) all suffered setbacks and are in doubt to face Brisbane on Saturday."
Is it possible to forfeit? Do we actually have enough healthy players to field a team? Can we borrow a couple of the Lions reserves players? Reminds me of a game I played in the U/13's back in the dark ages, where we won 126-1 and wouldn't you know their 1 point was kicked by a kid we loaned to the the other team,,,,,,missed from the goal square!.........lets hope the score line isn't quite that bad.

Any kid who's not injured plays. Will Walker, Perez, Xerri, Murphy, Kyron,,,,,,,get em in there. Give X a sustained run in the ruck. Give Taz a break, and see if Durdin is up to it..... had enough time/opportunities. I don't care what the score line is, need to make some evidence based decisions for the future of the list, rather than just hope players are "developing" .
I'm all for that. Tarrant and Goldy deserve a rest. I feel sorry for them, after all their years of great service, they are unlikely to end up playing in a flag. If this was the NFL/NBA they'd be traded out for picks. Franchises there can rapidly turnover a list, much harder to do in AFL.

Is it possible to forfeit? Do we actually have enough healthy players to field a team? Can we borrow a couple of the Lions reserves players? Reminds me of a game I played in the U/13's back in the dark ages, where we won 126-1 and wouldn't you know their 1 point was kicked by a kid we loaned to the the other team,,,,,,missed from the goal square!.........lets hope the score line isn't quite that bad.
Lol, similar thing happened in U13-U14 level the other team's only score was one of our players streaming out of the middle after halfi tme, taking 4 bounces, and kicking a goal. Except he ran the wrong way. and it was the only score for the opposition.

Jesus, one of the few times we've dipped into the bottom 3 in 20 years and it's already "lowly North"

Carlton, Melbourne and GC have been rooted there for the best part of a decade and they have always been prefaced with "young and exciting Carlton".

yeah, "a depleted north", "an injury ravaged north", "undermanned north"....... no taking our pride away media scum

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Imagine that, best team in the comp, 3 years later worst team in the comp. Amazing.

Anything can happen in 12 months.

Suns look decent.
Blues are finally turning.
Lions are now a consistent competing team.
Port looks poised to play a Grand Final
Melbourne are still pretenders.
And North are now in the worst state in decades poised for its first actual rebuild in forever, but people think we're ****ed for years.

Things change, quickly.

No doubt that there will be new faces BUT we need to have them in a team that can at least make a contest otherwise the new players will be cannon fodder and learn nothing. Hopefully, there will be a max of 4 changes, all due to injury. Hoping one of our 5 injured gets up.

No doubt that there will be new faces BUT we need to have them in a team that can at least make a contest otherwise the new players will be cannon fodder and learn nothing. Hopefully, there will be a max of 4 changes, all due to injury. Hoping one of our 5 injured gets up.

We've been uncompetitive cannon fodder for most of the year anyway. Not sure how it would make anything worse.

Some blokes played out the end of last night's game as if they'd been told they were no longer required. I doubt that is what happened but maybe it needs to. Six games left, sit out those who aren't going to make the cut for 2021. Maybe give the longer serving ones a farewell game. Maybe.

I say play them. They will get beaten but they will learn. It is less than two years since Brisbane had back to back 5 win 17 loss seasons. Fagan was happier to lose playing the gameplan and players he wanted and sometimes lose big, rather than minimising the damage. Now they are genuine contenders.
We have as many as 6 outs as JMac leaves the bubble for the birth of his child on top of the five injuries.

Anything can happen in 12 months.

Suns look decent.
Blues are finally turning.
Lions are now a consistent competing team.
Port looks poised to play a Grand Final
Melbourne are still pretenders.
And North are now in the worst state in decades poised for its first actual rebuild in forever, but people think we're f’ed for years.

Things change, quickly.

In terms of suns port and Bris... it certainly helps to play every game at home...

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Boys are probably cooked, coming off an embarrassing loss and more injuries to add salt to the wound.

I would be surprised if we stay within reach by HT.

Boys are probably cooked, coming off an embarrassing loss and more injuries to add salt to the wound.

I would be surprised if we stay within reach by HT.

Of the five injuries they are hardly life threatening! 3 corkies which should be ok within the week worse case be back the following and one eye which assuming just a poke and bloodshot blurred vision will recover in days.... Bonar prob the only def out.... and we managed hosie and walker so there's two eager and then got Williams sitting idle murph ahern and bbb was only looking at a week so plenty to field a team

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back