Preview Changes v lions Saturday 2:35pm @Metricon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Long Live the King

Premiership Player
Feb 24, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Hopefully the lions rest 3/4 of their team given its a lay down so maybe the score will flatter us.........hoping Shaw continues to play the young core group of players who are showing something and the recruitment team is working overtime in the background.

New_Roo

Premiership Player
Oct 7, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
With Goldy playing on the wing, clearly the club don’t give any fu**s.

So neither should we.

The logic behind putting Goldie on the wing is purely due to the 666. They want daw to be in for the initial bounce then he goes fwd and then goldy comes in for the next stoppage.... he is on the wing so he is close by he doesn't actually stay out there

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

It doesn't matter, Brisbane are very good and we are not

OUT: J-Mac (baby), Bonar (inj.), Daw (inj.), Anderson (inj.), J.Walker (inj.), Tarrant (inj./rest)
IN: EVW, Murphy, W.Walker, Hayden, Hosie, Campbell

FB: McDonald - EVW - Murphy
HB: Atley - McKay - Hayden
C: Dumont - LDU - Polec
HF: Pittard - Campbell - W.Walker
FF: Mahony - Larkey - Zurhaar
R: Goldstein - Higgins - Simpkin
I: Durdin - Scott - Hosie - Hall

New_Roo

Premiership Player
Oct 7, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
While it was a shambles we do still have to take into consideration that this season is very bizarre. I know they are being well paid but they have now been in the hub for what six weeks, we haven't played a home game since June and just come off 3 games in 9 days. They are knackered and yes probably battling mentally too. This season is strongly favoured to the interstate clubs being bris port west coast who can still live at home live their normal lives and play football at home week in week out.... no coincidence that they are all in the top four. So yes it was crap and don't defend them as all other vic clubs going through similar but just need to ride the wave and salvage something... good to see Barrett come out and support us as usual saying as bad as ade despite us beating them by 70...

guapo

All Australian
Aug 24, 2005
fitzroy
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
The logic behind putting Goldie on the wing is purely due to the 666. They want daw to be in for the initial bounce then he goes fwd and then goldy comes in for the next stoppage.... he is on the wing so he is close by he doesn't actually stay out there

It’s purely player management with two four day breaks. Being jumped into by a 7 foot tall 100+kg opponent at the centre bounce is taxing on the body and Goldie does it more than anybody in the comp. he took the ruck contest around the ground where it’s not as impactful

Apr 17, 2007
melb home of the kangas
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
hellas,liverpool,storm,au
Train wreck and trying to see who’s able to give a * to play next week

Ins Willy , hoise, Murphy , Marley , Ahern , Perez ,Wood,EVW

Outs
Pittard , Mahoney(rested), durdin, Hall , taz or Walker who Evers more banged up ,atley , Jmac , Bonar (injured), Polec (soft)

team
Lmac McKay EVW
Perez taz/walker Marley
HDumont Willy
Scott larkey Hoise
Daw wood zurhaar
Goldy Jy LDU
Jed Murphy Ahern higgo

Woods best position is full forward - give him a go.

Moti

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 4, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Shaw said he would play less experienced players, so if he does that I would be at least half interested in the game.

Can't play them all at once but would like Crocker and Murphy to be given 3-4 games across the backline or even midfield for Murphy, maybe?

WW should play as much as possible, just watch his body.

Hosie should also play 3-4 up forward to see how he might work in the forward setup.

Ahern gets at least 2, but is on super thin ice even though he has the skillset we need.

Agree Xerri needs some more exposure, another 3-4 games there as well while Mc Guiness should be given a couple for exposure. He is akin to a 2nd year player age so lets see if he can show a little.

Perez is the other I would like some exposure but only if he is 110%. He is one of the only player on the list that has dash and kicking ability so lets not kill the goose too early before he gets the chance to be dumbed down.

Tarrant looks spent, Goldy tired and I would throw Higgo into that as well, these guys should only play 4 of the last 6. If we want to keep them, we need to manage them.

Heaps of fun

Goatered on the sticks
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
"Aiden Bonar (AC joint), Jed Anderson (eye), Josh Walker (corked thigh), Robbie Tarrant (corked calf) and Majak Daw (corked calf) all suffered setbacks and are in doubt to face Brisbane on Saturday."
Three games in 10 days bad enough without getting corkies.

Waynesworld

The poster formerly know as "Waynesworld"
May 28, 2012
At the Chinese takeout.
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Werribee
IN: EVW, Murphy, W.Walker, Hayden, Hosie, Campbell

It's just continues to get better.

2 Blokes who haven't played in about 15 years
1 Bloke who despite our injuries this year still cannot get a game
1 Bloke who will be playing his second game, and
1 Bloke who tries hard but is about as mobile as a concrete statue (and has matching hands).

2020, the year that just keeps on giving.

B4Bear

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 6, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I would drop Dumont for the lazy and woeful kick in the first minute from a free.
And Atley too, for running out of d50 in the 1st and under no pressure and kick it straight to a Melb player.

Their shitfull skills spread like a virus to an already woefully sick side skill wise.
Issue masks?

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United

Jesus, one of the few times we've dipped into the bottom 3 in 20 years and it's already "lowly North"

Carlton, Melbourne and GC have been rooted there for the best part of a decade and they have always been prefaced with "young and exciting Carlton".

I expect we’ll see a few new faces against Brisbane. I, also, fully expect a hiding. The wheels have indeed fallen off. It is the year from hell in lots of ways. Our injury situation is beyond a joke. Rhyce must be wondering what he has gotten himself into. The suffering will continue. However, we have the cattle to turn it around next year.

chubbspeterson

Premiership Player
Oct 10, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
In: Murphy, Perez, Will Walker, Hayden and Hosie
Out: Injured players (Bonar, Maj? Josh Walks? Larkey?), Simpkin (harsh I know but those skills shouldn't be accepted)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back