Changes v lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Need to think about changes but Duryea for Charlie Cameron.

Martin for Young otherwise no change.

Is McStay a confirmed out? Their structure will be a bit shot up forward as Fullarton is pretty ordinary. Maybe we’ll see Adams up forward?

Can’t see Cordy getting back in.
Maybe JJ for some fresh legs, might depend on how everyone pulls up.

McStay got concussed last night did he not?

Cordy for gardner. Was terrible.

Martin for young (Make it happen stef).

I’d consider Dunkley for Garcia or JJ as well. He has been terrible on return.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Gardner is a much better defender than Cordy. I really struggle to see how you think Cordy should come back in. Maybe the wet flattered Gardner.

Gardner was ok, but had his usually couple of calamities, him or Cordy...meh

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are better than them. Hipwood always tears us a new butthole but he’s out and we have the small-medium defenders to go with Charlie.

Rich and Birchill play zero accountable footy.

The late changes were really good. Much closer to the structure we had when we were going well early. Young competed hard in the ruck and flew the flag a few times but we need Stef back. McInerney dominated the matchup last year and could be the difference again. Draper still had large periods of dominance today. Would consider Garcia back in for Vandermeer. Don't think he has been quite the same this year but did have an excellent last quarter. Would much prefer Gardner to Cordy too, even if I don't trust him.

B: Williams - Keath - Duryea
HB: Dale - Gardner - Daniel

R: Martin - Liberatore - Bontempelli
C: B. Smith - Macrae - Hunter

HF: Vandermeer/Garcia - Schache - Hannan
F: Weightman - Naughton - English

I: Wood - Dunkley - Treloar - R. Smith
S: Johannisen

The key to the victory is controlling Charlie, Taylor Duryea first crack.

Anyone else think Dunkley has sucked??

He did. Hasn't been the same since coming back.

It looked like he spent a little time on Parish in the second half and he was better. But that first half he was anonymous.

How long is Ed Richards out for? He’s twice the player at HBF than at HFF but is he still as good as Vandermeer while giving more versatility?

Cordy for gardner. Was terrible.

Martin for young (Make it happen stef).

I’d consider Dunkley for Garcia or JJ as well. He has been terrible on return.

Mate, what game did you watch? Usually rate your posts but missed the mark here

Lions to me are extremely vulnerable.

McStay is a massive out. Structurally he is integral for that side. Brisbane don't have depth key forwards like we do. The drop off between McStay and someone like Ballenden is large.

Harris Andrews is a liability. He must be injured because he is playing far too loose and looks extremely slow.

McInerney isn't a dominant ruck by any stretch. In fact it's likely they plonk him forward (to replace McStay/Hipwood) and play Smith in the ruck.

Their back line is slow. They don't have a pacey line breaker to hurt us. They are trying Coleman in that role but he's inexperienced at half back.

I think JJ might start in this game. 6 day break in heavy conditions might see bev make a few changes.

Anyone else think Dunkley has sucked??

Until about the five minute mark of the third quarter, yes. Thought he played quite well after that, Treloar too (who had also been MIA since he came back).

Not a coincidence that we ran over the top of them once all of our mids started contributing. If that translates to four quarters next week we’re right in it, and I didn’t think I’d be saying that this time last week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back