Changes v Magpies

Remove this Banner Ad

Everyone in Melbourne, apart from Collingwood fans, wants the Power to win.

This is patently bullshit. The AFL and the Malbun media desperately want Collingwood to win. The potential of as VFL Era "Big 4" GF matchup is what they desperately crave. The hyperbole will be off the charts.

Ryder is no certainty to finish the game even if he does come up. Someone has to ruck the other ~50% game time.

That shot of Ryder sitting on the bench with tracksuit top on and a forlorn face looking like the proverbial moose on the wall.

Just about rivals getting beaten by a kick against West Coast at Adelaide Oval for groundhog day/recurring nightmare moments.

Everyone I knew in Melbourne wanted the Power to win the 2004 flag.
When the media called for Martin to be traded to NM I gave up on their BS columns.

I think we were too scared to gamble with Frampton on the games that we should have one. A few backfired on us badly and in hindsight, should have played Frampton.
Don’t agree it’s not hindsight if it’s pigheaded arrogance that stops you trying the kid out

It was as obvious then as it is now

Ryder has to play, we are really left with no other choice, it's over if we lose this weekend if it isn't already because i don't give us much hope after what i've seen lately. And then you look at the profile of our list and work out this year is probably the last chance with this ageing under achieving list.

What is the point of cotton wooling Ryder for finals that we haven't even qualified for.

Ryder has to play, we are really left with no other choice, it's over if we lose this weekend if it isn't already because i don't give us much hope after what i've seen lately. And then you look at the profile of our list and work out this year is probably the last chance with this ageing under achieving list.

What is the point of cotton wooling Ryder for finals that we haven't even qualified for.
Yea agree if he's up to it & Frampton should play regardless

So we are debuting Frampton now after all that, lol what a time to debut, in virtually an elimination final versus the All Australian ruckman but couldn't play him at all when Ryder was previously injured and we actually had some breathing space on the competition.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely Frampton ruck Ryder forward.

Surely.

This is patently bullshit. The AFL and the Malbun media desperately want Collingwood to win. The potential of as VFL Era "Big 4" GF matchup is what they desperately crave. The hyperbole will be off the charts.

For this reason I am expecting the umpire reaming of a lifetime.

I don’t get the whole this season is our last chance with an aging list argument. The list isn’t even that old as we have heaps of youth coming through. I, for one, can’t wait for Boak, Ebert etc to retire and be replaced with more skilful, effective players. The only two we would desperately need to replace in time are Gray and Ryder but they should have a few years left, and we have plenty of good draft picks this year. Once Marshall, Hayes, Johnson, Howard and co fully develop, we get Hartlett back, and we get rid of some of the dead wood, I think we’ll be a much better side.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back