Preview Changes v Melbourne Rd 4, 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Rozee must have multiple evidence caches squirrelled away
Ok, because our season is basically cooked and we should drop a high draft pick and player we see as a future star rather than get experience and games into him and try and run him back into form.
Also, who's beating down the door to replace him?
We have basically zero pressure for positions and a team that's performing poorly across the board.

Ok, because our season is basically cooked and we should drop a high draft pick and player we see as a future star rather than get experience and games into him and try and run him back into form.
We have basically zero pressure for positions and a team that's performing poorly across the board.

“Future star” is exceedingly generous.

You can understand going into the season with only one ruckman who has any AFL experience and only one ruckman deemed AFL ready by the club. This was always planned to be a rebuilding type year anyway.

It's quite clear to me this club places greater emphasis on 'making the community proud' by shipping off mischievous young men with footballing ability than actually winning premierships.

Despite how raw Hayes is as a ruck, at some point you have to get games into to him at AFL level. There would be an excuse if we are competitively competing to secure top 8 or 4 on the ladder but we are 0-3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The only reason i can think why he wouldnt blood Hayes is he is coaching for his career and dosent want to take the chance of losing it!
This is typical of an extremely negative coach who is going no where fast!

This is peak ken mantra. It's okay, you haven't fired a shot since god knows when, you're clearly out of form and low on confidence. We'll just allow you to keep churning out mediocre performances and back you in to turn it around.

This is peak ken mantra. It's okay, you haven't fired a shot since god knows when, you're clearly out of form and low on confidence. We'll just allow you to keep churning out mediocre performances and back you in to turn it around.
If we were talking either of the last 2 seasons I'd agree with you. This season so far is complete s**t show with nobody knocking down the door. We have far bigger issues than Connor Rozee.

We have far bigger issues than Connor Rozee.

I mean, on sheer quantity we probably do.

But qualitywise, given we’ve been parading the great list pivot of 2018/2019 (OUT = Wingard, Polec, Pittard, Howard, Ryder / IN: Rozee, Duursma, Georgiades, Lycett) as the panacea to secure the club’s premiership contention for many years into the future, I’d say Connor barely resembling a competitive league footballer in his fourth season is a priority to be addressed.

I mean, on sheer quantity we probably do.

But qualitywise, given we’ve been parading the great list pivot of 2018/2019 (OUT = Wingard, Polec, Pittard, Howard, Ryder / IN: Rozee, Duursma, Georgiades, Lycett) as the panacea to secure the club’s premiership contention for many years into the future, I’d say Connor barely resembling a competitive league footballer in his fourth season is a priority to be addressed.
No question. He has had a year on year decline too which is a concern also.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No question. He has had a year on year decline too which is a concern also.
I think most of our team have had a year on year decline. Who's improved? Maybe Butters, Amon, MG, Wines, SPP (this season)? I've even laid off of Todd this season because I think we've been bad across the board. I just think it's difficult to point the finger at certain players who've by and large been at least decent in the last few seasons when we are across the board bad. I'd argue we need to address things at the strategy layer before we can judge anyone this season.

The only reason i can think why he wouldnt blood Hayes is he is coaching for his career and dosent want to take the chance of losing it!
This is typical of an extremely negative coach who is going no where fast!

I would have thought a guy coaching for his career would be keen to show he has an eye on the future. Sadly I am not convinced that Ken is coaching for his career.

Maybe Ken is expecting rain tonight so he has gone with only two players over 197cm. If something happens to Lycett we will have Marshall up against Gawn and Jackson.

Looking at the proposed interchange it is full of players 188 cm or shorter. It does not make sense to me.

Hayes played in the pre season games and he wasn’t very good. .

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
“Wasn’t very good”

Delivered 7d and 19hitouts in 44% gametime

Which if you work out to normal gametime ie 88% which is quite standard for rucks equals 14d and 38 hitouts… which the best ruck in the league doesn’t average…

When teams dont replace out of form players they are stuffed. When clubs rush back underdone injured players they are stuffed. Ken has always stuck by his boys to the detriment of his boys, the depth players who don't get a shot and the team. Mentally soft and mentally shot players. You need competition for positions in the squad. We have malaise.

“Wasn’t very good”

Delivered 7d and 19hitouts in 44% gametime

Which if you work out to normal gametime ie 88% which is quite standard for rucks equals 14d and 38 hitouts… which the best ruck in the league doesn’t average…
Just ignore that most of his ruck work was against Himmelburg...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back