Preview Changes v Norf

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What was wrong with Barlow? I just feel if we are to beat the Roadkill then we need players like Crozier, Hill, Neale etc... to hit the scoreboard. We can't rely on Walters and Pav to kick 5 goals each.
Barlow was sore on Wednesday it looked like he was generally sore rather than a specific area and Hilly's left calf was bandaged on Wednesday and again today.

FWIW, I figured 2 of Mzungu, DeBoer or Suban would be dropped. I would probably have picked Suban over DeBoer only because the latter has proven he can win a ball in the contested stuff which we do need, but Suban seems to be more in tune with whatever the heck it is that RTB is trying to do an he has a penetrating kick (when it's working) and a bit of that is needed too - so I guess he stays for now. Can't see that lasting long if he has a quarter like last week's though.

Having said that, can people just calm down on the Suban bashing. He was dead set awful last week, and those last quarter *ups, we'll nobody would like that. But he's still one of ours, this talk of booing him, that's just ****ed up, way worse than the odd clanger one of our players might do on the field. They are just innocent mistakes, turning on your own is consciously choosing to be dickhead.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FWIW, I figured 2 of Mzungu, DeBoer or Suban would be dropped. I would probably have picked Suban over DeBoer only because the latter has proven he can win a ball in the contested stuff which we do need, but Suban seems to be more in tune with whatever the heck it is that RTB is trying to do an he has a penetrating kick (when it's working) and a bit of that is needed too - so I guess he stays for now. Can't see that lasting long if he has a quarter like last week's though.

Having said that, can people just calm down on the Suban bashing. He was dead set awful last week, and those last quarter ****ups, we'll nobody would like that. But he's still one of ours, this talk of booing him, that's just stuffed up, way worse than the odd clanger one of our players might do on the field. They are just innocent mistakes, turning on your own is consciously choosing to be dickhead.

Only 1 person wanted to boo him.

Only 1 person wanted to boo him.

Sure, and I'm not sure that one was even serious, but there are plenty who think its a good idea. Most of us would have been to home games where we've heard boos or abuse given to ours even when we've been in good form in recent years. Particularly as an intentional and repeated exercise, it's just a pathetic thing to do IMHO.

Also reckon we're over reacting to these 'lesser players' and poor from etc. in general - but it's an opinion place so it comes with the territory I suppose.

I think most of us have that expectation though. The Carlton game is the one with truly high melt potential.

Part of me is hoping we lose that match just so I can witness the melting. Will it be a slow melt like Global Warming or will it be a fiery inferno? These questions and more keep me awake at night.

I really hope the Mods are doomsday preppers. I've got a feeling we are gonna get rolled by 40+ on Sunday.

RIP Freo board
Thankfully I'm going to be busy at the game, so I can make Righteo do the work here, while I get busy rioting at Etihad

Part of me is hoping we lose that match just so I can witness the melting. Will it be a slow melt like Global Warming or will it be a fiery inferno? These questions and more keep me awake at night.
It will be both. Like barbecueing fatty snaggers. You get the slow sizzle plus the frequent of flame when the fat drips into the charcoals.

I really hope the Mods are doomsday preppers. I've got a feeling we are gonna get rolled by 40+ on Sunday.

RIP Freo board

We will be doing well to keep it to 40 points.
I shouldn't feel this way but If it's 40 it might as well be 100 which I am prepared for.
The continued selection of one particular player used to cause frustration in me. That then became resentment and now is straight up anger.
Shane Yarran having not even played for six months would have been a lower risk.
So here I am readying for an afternoon of watching missed shots on goal from close range and chasing of opponents but not quite catching them.
The consolation is it hopefully hastens his demise. If 100 points is the currency then so be it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back