Unofficial Preview Changes v Norf

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like my mail about Collins was wrong...or was it? With Fletcher in, Morris or Adams would have to be a late out for Collins to play you'd think. Sorry if I misled - my guy was pretty confident about his information.
Appreciate all the same Mutt, things can change late so who knows what happened between when you got your info and the team was handed in, or who knows what will happen between now and tomorrow night.

You're probably right Ozil. I guess he's just turned into my whipping boy since Cordy and Grant are gone. But I do know for a fact he has his limitations. And I doubt when we are at our best he wouldn't be in our side. Obvisouly Collins isn't ready to go yet.
And bevo obvisouly mustn't see Hamling as a true lock down defender to bring him in.
I'd be a happier man if our supporters didn't need a whipping boy... :(

People are wondering why Norf supporters are coming in here guns blazing... look how a certain dick from our board is carrying on over there. He'd be hoping we win.

Shut up.

Not really , he has been on a list for a while now , fit and ready to go.
All I need from him is to be competitive and to show he can match it with the big boys.
yeah... and he made good progress last year until having body problems in the back half of the year and struggled against a 100+ game gun in a final.

And sorry mate, but he doesn't get one game alone (and a pressure cooker at that) to show us the goods. His development has been sound and he's got as long as his contract lasts... so yes, it was dramatic

yeah... and he made good progress last year until having body problems in the back half of the year and struggled against a 100+ game gun in a final.

And sorry mate, but he doesn't get one game alone (and a pressure cooker at that) to show us the goods. His development has been sound and he's got as long as his contract lasts... so yes, it was dramatic

And even then, Walker was bombing his goals in from outside 50 on the flanks. When a FF as good as Walker plays like that, there's literally nothing you can do except for preventing as many entries as possible.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had good discussion earlier in the thread about various match ups, so in that spirit, I'm going to ask an honest question.

Why is it that so many Dogs fans on this thread and in general are playing the "Norf are poorz, they have no fans, they'll get relocated hahahaha" line.

When, er, we have over 40k members and you guys have 33k. And you have $8m+ of debt, and we have just over $1m that will most likely be paid off by this time next year? And when we both get the same in distribution etc from the AFL? And we're both screwed over the same way by the Docklands deal? When we both sell games interstate?

The best I can come up with is that you guys, like supporters of lots of other clubs, simply aren't aware of how much has changed with us. That's understandable because "North steadily improves financial position" isn't something the papers splash in the same way they used to "Cash strapped Kangas weeks from blah blah blah"

It is kind of funny, I mean sure, have a go at us for our old list, or the fact that you reckon Bontempelli will be twice the player Ziebell ever is, or call Bomer hungry and selfish, that's all a matter of footy opinion where some facts can be deployed in support of one position or another.

But the money stuff? Its just wrong, like, incontrovertibly factually wrong. I mean, we have 25 per cent more members, and we're almost debt free.

And the most baffling thing is is some of you guys are acting like you're Hawthorn or West Coast.

I just don't get it.

Come off it.

As if you have never taken shots at our financial position or shown arrogance towards us.

Not really , he has been on a list for a while now , fit and ready to go.
All I need from him is to be competitive and to show he can match it with the big boys.
He's shown that King. I saw him completely take goodes out of the game in his 8th senior match last year. His form through the middle of last year was very solid.

I actually rate hamling higher, and I'm not at all convinced roberts is our long term full back, but I'll be farked if he's not a competent AFL footballer and for some to suggest this one game (in round 6 no less) is "make or break" for him is mindless.

Reminiscent of what people were saying about Hunter before and after the Gold Coast game last year.

If he has a bad game it's not his last chance. Dramatic stupidity.

Thing is - Roberts' body has let him down every year.

When combined with dubious athletic traits he becomes nothing much more than depth or a placeholder while Cordy, Collins Adams and Hamling develop IMO.

And a KPD's primary role is to not lose one on ones. Roberts has lost too many relative to other players to be considered competent. Reality is Roberts doesn't get a game at any other club (all IMO.)

Nonetheless wish him the best and hope he goes well.

Thing is - Roberts' body has let him down every year.

When combined with dubious athletic traits he becomes nothing much more than depth or a placeholder while Cordy, Collins Adams and Hamling develop IMO.

And a KPD's primary role is to not lose one on ones. Roberts has lost too many relative to other players to be considered competent. Reality is Roberts doesn't get a game at any other club (all IMO.)

Nonetheless wish him the best and hope he goes well.
it's a stat i've seen you take a shining to. I can't argue with it, it's an alarming stat, but watching him play, i see a bloke who knows how to play as a KPD at afl level.

And saying one on one defence is the primary role of a key back isn't necessarily the case. it helps, it's one of the important factors, but you'd almost say that reading the flight of the ball and when to leave your man is more important in modern footy. Still, i've said before it's not good enough and i'm sure if he can't correct it he'll fail in the system.

i agree about his body and that may be what holds him back in his career, but that has nothing to do with my point that saying this is THE game for him is dramatic. With ya there though.

Let's be honest, the emergence of Adams, combined with the physical attributes of Hamling and Cordy, are going to make it tough for him in the long term, but when you've got (indisputably) the best half back line in the afl, we just a lot of key backs that can be handy afl players. Not saying i'd chase Rance away if he came aboard

it's a stat i've seen you take a shining to. I can't argue with it, it's an alarming stat, but watching him play, i see a bloke who knows how to play as a KPD at afl level.

And saying one on one defence is the primary role of a key back isn't necessarily the case. it helps, it's one of the important factors, but you'd almost say that reading the flight of the ball and when to leave your man is more important in modern footy. Still, i've said before it's not good enough and i'm sure if he can't correct it he'll fail in the system.

i agree about his body and that may be what holds him back in his career, but that has nothing to do with my point that saying this is THE game for him is dramatic. With ya there though.

Let's be honest, the emergence of Adams, combined with the physical attributes of Hamling and Cordy, are going to make it tough for him in the long term, but when you've got (indisputably) the best half back line in the afl, we just a lot of key backs that can be handy afl players. Not saying i'd chase Rance away if he came aboard

Don't disagree with any of that. And yeah suggesting Roberts' performance Friday does anything either way is a little extreme IMO.

Roberts should be OK for the spoil but we're not going to get any run out of defence from him. In fact, there's not too much run from defence left, may have to move Picken to the backline to compensate for the 'outs'. Big test for Roberts in the biggest challenge our defence has had thus far. Hope he can rise to the occasion.

Roberts should be OK for the spoil but we're not going to get any run out of defence from him. In fact, there's not too much run from defence left, may have to move Picken to the backline to compensate for the 'outs'. Big test for Roberts in the biggest challenge our defence has had thus far. Hope he can rise to the occasion.

correct. there is no way we can match the quality of their talls. And as good as Morris is, i think he plays his worst against Norf due to being matched on Petrie. So i find it odd that Roberts gets picked before Hamling and we lose a bit of run and also rotations as Hamling can play smaller if a mismatch occurs, especially with our zone D

When, er, we have over 40k members and you guys have 33k. And you have $8m+ of debt, and we have just over $1m that will most likely be paid off by this time next year?

Amazing what you can do when you shortchange your members 3 home games a year and count the Tassie 3 gamers as members

On topic - Roberts should do well, he has multiple suitable opponents this week in Petrie & Brown. Their talls are in good form so it was important we bring him in IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back