Unofficial Preview Changes v Norf

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come off it.

As if you have never taken shots at our financial position or shown arrogance towards us.

I won't deny that but I did work with facts - pokies and the like.

I reckon the confidence you guys have at the moment is a great thing. It is brilliant that two smaller teams are topping the table while big Victorian clubs struggle.

As I said though, if you guys tell me Stringer and Bont are better than JZ and Cunners, I'll have the discussion and we probably wouldn't agree, but I'm not going to pretend that those two are somehow shithouse. They are very obviously top shelf players. To deny it is plain stupid.

But people acting like Collingwood supporters and talking about Norf struggling to keep the lights on when we've got nearly 10k more members and 7 odd million less in debt is like saying Bont and Stringer are crap. It's just plain not true.

I'm not going to have a go at the Dogs for finances, who cares? For what it's worth I think you'll be fine - you should turn this period of success, one that is really only just getting started, into lots more members.

The style you play and your popularity with neutrals means a better run on TV next year I reckon, should get a lot of Friday and Saturday nights.

Thing that I think you guys are doing really smartly is building the clubs foundations through the stand alone team at Whitten Oval and also being a leader in women's footy.

The women's footy could be huge if done right and you haven't put a foot wrong so far.

What's the deal with Edgewater though? I reckon you guys would be wise and probably will ditch pokies too. Eventually.

There's a lot more money outside of gambling than in it sponsorship wise

He's just looking for a reaction. Don't give the troll the time of day.

Nah, if I wanted to troll I would, and I wouldn't it do it here

You do know we ditched Edgewater, right? Not due to our own preference though. Builder went bust.

I reckon the confidence you guys have at the moment is a great thing. It is brilliant that two smaller teams are topping the table while big Victorian clubs struggle.

As I said though, if you guys tell me Stringer and Bont are better than JZ and Cunners, I'll have the discussion and we probably wouldn't agree, but I'm not going to pretend that those two are somehow shithouse. They are very obviously top shelf players. To deny it is plain stupid.

But people acting like Collingwood supporters and talking about Norf struggling to keep the lights on when we've got nearly 10k more members and 7 odd million less in debt is like saying Bont and Stringer are crap. It's just plain not true.

I'm not going to have a go at the Dogs for finances, who cares? For what it's worth I think you'll be fine - you should turn this period of success, one that is really only just getting started, into lots more members.

The style you play and your popularity with neutrals means a better run on TV next year I reckon, should get a lot of Friday and Saturday nights.

Thing that I think you guys are doing really smartly is building the clubs foundations through the stand alone team at Whitten Oval and also being a leader in women's footy.

The women's footy could be huge if done right and you haven't put a foot wrong so far.

What's the deal with Edgewater though? I reckon you guys would be wise and probably will ditch pokies too. Eventually.

Amazing what you can do when you shortchange your members 3 home games a year and count the Tassie 3 gamers as members

On topic - Roberts should do well, he has multiple suitable opponents this week in Petrie & Brown. Their talls are in good form so it was important we bring him in IMO

There are replacement games in Melbourne for those and anyway, this is exactly what I'm talking about - you guys sell games interstate too.

You do know we ditched Edgewater, right? Not due to our own preference though. Builder went bust.

I knew it wasn't going ahead as planned. What happens to the pokies? I reckon clubs are working out that pokes aren't a guaranteed winner.

We act all high and mighty about not having them, but we did have them previously but couldn't make them work for a variety of reasons.

Look, I don't want to have an argument with you (those days are so 2010-11, man ;) ) but people rightly or wrongly know that talking about finances, mergers etc with regards to North irritates your supporters. I don't agree with it though.

The whole "Bulldogs are broke, no fans etc" thing used to s**t me to tears for when Collingwood/Essendon/Carlton and supporters of the larger clubs would give it to us as well, but these days I couldn't give a rats arse about it.

As you know, you and I have not always seen eye to eye on BF, but when you actually talk about footy and are not trolling you are ok. The earlier discussion in this thread about the game and about Hooker was fine (until Hooker spoiled the fun by re-signing, the bastard)

Anyway, enjoy the game tomorrow, just not too much and all that ;) #banterz

There are replacement games in Melbourne for those and anyway, this is exactly what I'm talking about - you guys sell games interstate too.
When have the Bulldogs ever sold more than one home game a year?

Your clubs obvisouly going to be cutting into its debt when it short changes its members into selling three of them a year to interstate.
Don't even go there.

David King said yesterday that it could be a real battle early, but once one side gets their way with their style that it could end up blowing out. Be intersting to see how that plays out. He thinks Goldstein could be the difference if he can get his taps to advantage, if just a fraction to advantage of their mids.

They also commented that both sides form is very good, neither side has had a hard draw so far, Norf a fraction harder than us. Some of our numbers are off the scale and no one is sure what our injuries mean to us yet.

North score a lot of their goals through their talls including Goldstein, once they get forward they are very efficient at scoring.

So we must win the contests. We must make it hard for them to get clean ball into their talls. All good, just easier said than done.

There are a lot of known knowns, but more Unknown knowns. So who knows, tonight we will find out a lot more about us and them.

Nah, if I wanted to troll I would, and I wouldn't it do it here
I strongly object to this statement, as you are trolling. You are getting better at it.
IF I went to another teams board, read through their threads from days ago and quoted all the responses to an obvious trolling effort, I would get similar material to your quotes.
Just because the trolling material gets deleted and the responses remain, doesn't make it fine to then get stuck into those responses.
This is what has happened here. You are getting stuck into those who responded to an obvious troll.... I certainly wish they didn't engage that troll but they did. The fact you have continued, just makes you a new troll. Particularly now you are bring new non-football material into the discussion.
Requesting to talk football OR leave.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's shown that King. I saw him completely take goodes out of the game in his 8th senior match last year. His form through the middle of last year was very solid.

I actually rate hamling higher, and I'm not at all convinced roberts is our long term full back, but I'll be farked if he's not a competent AFL footballer and for some to suggest this one game (in round 6 no less) is "make or break" for him is mindless.

I havnt used the term " make or break " Fronk.
I just make the point he needs to look very competitive against a tall talented forward line in a big game.
About to turn 23 and fit ready to go with some good VFL form behind him should be no excuses.

I have that feeling he is being a little over rated on here.

Compared to Rd 22 last year, we've replaced Hamling with Roberts and added Marcus Adams (Zordy was sub for his first game and did not play much).

I think Morris will go to Waite, their most dangerous forward. I like that matchup for us. Moz will even the contests more often than not.

I like the idea of Fletcher sitting on their deepest forward and Wood and Adams having carte blanch to fly around half back and the wings for intercept marks.

Compared to Rd 22 last year, we've replaced Hamling with Roberts and added Marcus Adams (Zordy was sub for his first game and did not play much).

I think Morris will go to Waite, their most dangerous forward. I like that matchup for us. Moz will even the contests more often than not.

I like the idea of Fletcher sitting on their deepest forward and Wood and Adams having carte blanch to fly around half back and the wings for intercept marks.
I think you have nailed it. I think Wood athletically is the best match up for Waite, but think you are correct that Morris will go to him more often than not to try and lock down on him. Boyd and Bigg's will take the smalls.

Can someone please point me to the thread where we talk about tonight's game????

Seriously...please Mods... can you start a Banter Thread each week and direct those who want to troll and talk about things other than the upcoming game onto that thread? This Board is fast becoming impossible to navigate - it seems that anything goes on any thread.

Look, I don't want to have an argument with you (those days are so 2010-11, man ;) ) but people rightly or wrongly know that talking about finances, mergers etc with regards to North irritates your supporters. I don't agree with it though.

The whole "Bulldogs are broke, no fans etc" thing used to s**t me to tears for when Collingwood/Essendon/Carlton and supporters of the larger clubs would give it to us as well, but these days I couldn't give a rats arse about it.

As you know, you and I have not always seen eye to eye on BF, but when you actually talk about footy and are not trolling you are ok. The earlier discussion in this thread about the game and about Hooker was fine (until Hooker spoiled the fun by re-signing, the bastard)

Anyway, enjoy the game tomorrow, just not too much and all that ;) #banterz
Don't go soft mate ! :(;)

I think you have nailed it. I think Wood athletically is the best match up for Waite, but think you are correct that Morris will go to him more often than not to try and lock down on him. Boyd and Bigg's will take the smalls.

In one on one situations, I like either of Boyd or Biggs for Higgins. Thomas could be a worry, but the best a small forward has done against us this year was Rioli's 3 goals.

Roughly, the KPFs have been contributing half of their goals. I think we definitely win this game if we keep them to 12 or under as a team. That will be likely if we keep their KPFs to around 6-7 goals or less. In those circumstances, they will really need the SMFs and their midfield to hit the scoreboard, which I think they'll struggle to do against our system.

For the below calculations, KPFs means Waite, Petrie, Brown and Goldstein. SMFs means Harvey, Higgins and Thomas

Rd 1 v Adelaide: 16 goals (9 goal kickers), 8 from KPFs, 5 from SMFs, 3 from other
Rd 2 v Brisbane: 17 goals (8 goal kickers), 10 from KPFs, 2 from SMFs, 5 from other
Rd 3 v Melbourne: 21 goals (7 goal kickers), 11 from KPFs, 6 from SMFs, 4 from other
Rd 4 v Fremantle: 20 goals (10 goal kickers), 7 from KPFs, 4 from SMFs, 9 from other
Rd 5 v Gold Coast: 18 goals (9 goal kickers), 10 from KPFs, 5 from SMFs, 3 from other

If we can restrict the KPFs to 1-2 each and their SMFs to 1 each, they don't have the spread of goal kickers elsewhere to overcome it and kick a big total. If one of their KPFs or SMFs gets off the chain for 5-6, it'll likely cost us the game, unless we correct our goal kicking from the first 5 rounds and hit the scoreboard hard ourselves.

Strangely, my concern in this game isn't our defence, which I think should restrict them to a reasonable total of around 12-13 goals, maybe less if our midfield crushes theirs. My concern is actually our own goal kicking and general wastefulness in the F50, as a score of 10.15.75 will likely not win this game for us. 15.10.100 on the other hand, likely will.

I havnt used the term " make or break " Fronk.
I just make the point he needs to look very competitive against a tall talented forward line in a big game.
About to turn 23 and fit ready to go with some good VFL form behind him should be no excuses.

I have that feeling he is being a little over rated on here.
That's why i said for "some" to suggest. I know you didn't say it me old mate.

Not sure he's being overrated on here. He's the new whipping boy as far as I can tell.

We're all rooting for him. Fingers crossed he can play some good footy for us.

Jeez look at North's injury list, or the lack of it. Jed A, Garner...anyone else?

Good on them, superb player management. Might have to start importing the Arden Street water.
A couple of chicken wing tackles should do the trick and test their shoulder strapping.

A couple of chicken wing tackles should do the trick and test their shoulder strapping.
Or just "tackle" someone while they're taking a mark, Swallow-style, and you can get rid of them for months... How come he wasn't cited?

Or just "tackle" someone while they're taking a mark, Swallow-style, and you can get rid of them for months... How come he wasn't cited?
Yeah that sucked. Not to mention the one who dropped the knees into Yablett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back