Unofficial Preview Changes v Norf

Remove this Banner Ad

I say SPP, shoulder injury or not needs a rest.

He was POOOOOOR last week. yes he went in hard did that huge tackle but 4 shots on goal missed (2 OOTF IIRC) I remember 3 around the ground kicks going to the opposition.

He needs a rest. This week would have been perfect and could have gotten away without media scrutiny just saying were cautious about the shoulder. But I think it is negligent that he is not rested and outright ridiculous if a kid of 19 years of age is made to play every H&A game and come finals expected to play at a top level. No doubt if he falters in the finals he will cop a lot of criticism.

He was POOOOOOR last week. yes he went in hard did that huge tackle but 4 shots on goal missed (2 OOTF IIRC) I remember 3 around the ground kicks going to the opposition.

He needs a rest. This week would have been perfect and could have gotten away without media scrutiny just saying were cautious about the shoulder. But I think it is negligent that he is not rested and outright ridiculous if a kid of 19 years of age is made to play every H&A game and come finals expected to play at a top level. No doubt if he falters in the finals he will cop a lot of criticism.
He's not injured. Why does he need a rest?

Make sure we make finals first. We also have a bye before the start of finals to refresh, which Scott didn't have in 2011.

And suns at home the last game . Could rest a few if we're set as well . Im sure the suns will be playing kids as well
I was thinking more the guys who are struggling a bit with form and general soreness. Hombsch was supposed to miss the game against Richmond as he was a big sore. Playing SANFL wouldnt be as taxing.

I agree we have to make the finals first, but if guys are struggling with form, ie are borderline selections and are sore then rest them, we have decent alternatives, Amon, Broadbent, Monfries, Young, Ah Chee, etc and once we have won 12 games then look at the more important players having a rest if they are struggling with injury.

I agree except I believe he should have the rest only because of the injury, there would be no reason he should not play if he was not injured. Look at what happened to Polec when he was played with a painful foot in the first Showdown in 2015. He didn't play another game for that year. At least two of those shots on goal SPP was never going to score as his shoulder was tied up, even the one on a 20 degree angle would have been difficult.

Geez you say some stupid s**t sometimes all the time.

Geez Louise, I like going onto oppo boards before a game to see their take on the upcoming game... But the norf board is absolutely dead. They've got no ******* supporters at all and the board is a ghost town that makes the GWS board look like a non-stop party. Their entire changes/preview thread is only 8 pages long and the game is tomorrow. Barely longer than the GWS and GCS preview threads.

Even St Kilda, whose entire supporter base could probably squeeze into one bus, is already at 28 pages on their preview thread.

Why the * is norf still even around?

With Richmond, we all know it would be funny to fold the club because they've been s**t for decades, but they have >60,000 loyal members so it makes sense to keep them in. But norf is a train wreck of a club, with no supporters because there's nothing to like about such a cesspool of failure, so why haven't we given them the Old Yeller treatment yet? I know it's funny to watch them "lol norf" it up every week but they're an embarrassment to the league and taking up a valuable spot that a Tassie, a Canberra, or a Townsville would be more deserving of. They contribute absolutely nothing in terms of culture, innovations, or exciting matches, so just ******* kill them off already AFL!

Bit confused by this, as Hombsch did miss the Richmond game.
My bad he in fact pulled out the evening of the game after being named and we were told he would play for the next 48 hours or so.

Ken palming it off as "try and stop him". Of course an 18/19yr old is going to be up for it but wiser heads need to prevail.
Calling it as ridiculous is one way of putting it, cruel and selfish is another. Your right, this week would have been an ideal opportunity
but nah Ken goes down the macho BS road. As you say Ken he's "one of my favourites" well show the kid some respect/care
and think of the bigger picture.

SPP was not POOOOOR.
He was GOOOOOOD.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was thinking more the guys who are struggling a bit with form and general soreness. Hombsch was supposed to miss the game against Richmond as he was a big sore. Playing SANFL wouldnt be as taxing.

I agree we have to make the finals first, but if guys are struggling with form, ie are borderline selections and are sore then rest them, we have decent alternatives, Amon, Broadbent, Monfries, Young, Ah Chee, etc and once we have won 12 games then look at the more important players having a rest if they are struggling with injury.
YEEEESSS!! It's the whole point of having a squad!
Play the 'lesser' players in the 'easier' games. Yes it is risky, but it is also sensible. Imagine rotating games between the likes of Monfries and Gray, come finals time you would have had plenty of time to see what both can do and can pick the better on actual form as well as having a ready to go cover fin case of injuries!

Wait ... why not, I rate him
What ... Hombsch has been struggling, their tall fwds, contract related (sniffs from elsewhere?), sending a msg?
Why ... height, mobility, good kick and loves 1% er's

I hope he doesn't join the 1 chance club (Bonner Johnston Snelling). In b4 he gets canned for not dominating from the get go.
I know he played plenty last yr but that was last yr.

I'm :).
Just curious to know whether you think Ken would of made this change if we were playing a top 8 side?

Geez Louise, I like going onto oppo boards before a game to see their take on the upcoming game... But the norf board is absolutely dead. They've got no ******* supporters at all and the board is a ghost town that makes the GWS board look like a non-stop party. Their entire changes/preview thread is only 8 pages long and the game is tomorrow. Barely longer than the GWS and GCS preview threads.

Even St Kilda, whose entire supporter base could probably squeeze into one bus, is already at 28 pages on their preview thread.

Why the **** is norf still even around?

With Richmond, we all know it would be funny to fold the club because they've been s**t for decades, but they have >60,000 loyal members so it makes sense to keep them in. But norf is a train wreck of a club, with no supporters because there's nothing to like about such a cesspool of failure, so why haven't we given them the Old Yeller treatment yet? I know it's funny to watch them "lol norf" it up every week but they're an embarrassment to the league and taking up a valuable spot that a Tassie, a Canberra, or a Townsville would be more deserving of. They contribute absolutely nothing in terms of culture, innovations, or exciting matches, so just ******* kill them off already AFL!
Short memory.

Why the **** is norf still even around?

Canberra Kangaroos

Just curious to know whether you think Ken would of made this change if we were playing a top 8 side?
Yes because most if not all have/play more than 1 tall fwd. At the pointy end of the season these are the teams we're gunna be playing.
Austin had that bad ankle(?) injury in the last game of 2016 but he suited up for our 1st maggies trial/pre-season game v Nth Adel.
Why he hasn't played any AFL games this yr ... I don't know. As well as our defence has held up this yr there have been games where
oppo talls have got a hold of us.

Yes because most if not all have/play more than 1 tall fwd. At the pointy end of the season these are the teams we're gunna be playing.
Austin had that bad ankle(?) injury in the last game of 2016 but he suited up for our 1st maggies trial/pre-season game v Nth Adel.
Why he hasn't played any AFL games this yr ... I don't know. As well as our defence has held up this yr there have been games where

He has had some poor games this year though. OK so in recent weeks he's been better but in most games I've been thankful that Howard and Leinart were playing beside him as they just contest better and get to the ball a little quicker. He's still a player worth keeping. I think he just hasn't been as mobile and as quick as last year due to that ankle but I can imagine him playing ok this weekend because Clurey, Pittard, and Jonas can get to the contest to help him out.

So if Austin has the game of his life tomorrow and beyond where does that leave Hombsch? I bet no matter how good Austin does he'll be dropped next week for Hombsch

Remove this Banner Ad

Back