Preview Changes v Norf

Remove this Banner Ad

What chance Burton takes the role Sutcliffe has been playing?

Would they rest Ryder on the hard deck?

Thats thinking outside the box a bit. I wouldn't mind seeing Burton play forward.

Hinkley's credibility would be absolutely shredded if he brings Burton back without a run in the sanfl.

He must stick to his policy as with Ollie.
I think this coming back through the twos is his best coaching move this year
It gives him space to play and try out more moves players and positioning
It leaves a nice precedence for all players to expect this SANFL visit as part of the rehab
It makes the system more equal
for all the players and emphasises the ‘team ‘
It really increases our flexibility

It would be motivating to the players out of the 22 because this system will lead to more players used per year

Last time Duurs was out we had our worst loss for the year, he might not sound like a vital player but his speed and stamina has been unmatched by any one of our players this year.
As long as they put Bonner or Burton in his place and NOT Westhoff. He is needed in our defence.

We have to nail selection. There are no second chances.

Out- Sutcliffe, Ryder, Duursma (Inj)
In- Motlop, Lycett, Butters

Sutcliffe and Motlop played the same role last week. Sutcliffe (AFL) 6 possessions, 2 goals; Motlop (SANFL) 15 possessions, 5 goals. Both laid 4 tackles.

Lycett is the better match up on Goldstein. Also 30 possessions (SANFL) compared to Ryder's 12 (AFL)

If Duursma is fit, I'd drop S.Gray. We have committed to investing games into Butters, Rozee and Duursma and it is working. Persist.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I want Duursma in to teach Polly what it means to run both ways.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Right? I watched Polec closely last year once rumours about him leaving came out, and boy was his lack of defensive work rate and ability a poor reflection on him as a footballer. Despite Polec clearly being a better offensive player than Duursma, I rate Xavier as the superior footballer already.

Hinkley's credibility would be absolutely shredded if he brings Burton back without a run in the sanfl.

He must stick to his policy as with Ollie.

It actually wouldn't be.

Wines has played all of 10 games this year. His season has gone like this: miss 2, play 5, miss 5 (only because of the bye), play 4, miss 3, play 1. That's what is known as an interrupted season. At no time has Wines strung more than 5 games of AFL together...and in the 5 he played, at least one was with an injury.

Burton has played 14 games this year. His season has gone like this: play 7 (got injured in the 7th), miss 3, play 7, miss 3.

I can handle a player who has only missed 6 games for the year in two completely separate incidents coming straight back into the side. Robbie Gray missed 3 games and he never played for the Magpies.

I actually can't believe Wines even tried to make the comparison between himself and Burton. Their injury history this season is completely different.

Hahahah, Sutcliffe dropped after his best game.
Now, I’m not sad about it, but why now?

Very happy with Butter and Burton, though we’ll mis Xavier...a lot!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back