Preview Changes v Norf

Remove this Banner Ad

Sam Gray continues to get games for reasons. Although I am informed by the north board he is the spud that tears them apart.

His last 3 games against North have been 25d/4g, 19d/4g and 28d/4g. It would be lunacy to drop him this week of all weeks.

Remember when Wines was made the sub one game and then tore the game apart when someone got injured early?

I think he plays better with a chip on his shoulder.

Sam Gray has had a recent form drop but overall not a bad year.
Yes, seems quieter, but the game style has also changed so I am unsure as to what his role is at present.

Nevertheless he had a major input into two goals last game, the first and Ryder's first. Maybe some others.

And who can forget his magic collect and handball to Motlop when he kicked the Showdown goal.

It is, as it has always been, one sees what one wants to see. I remember a Uni psych example about a white man attacking a negro. By the time the message had been passed on to a few others it was the reverse, the negro brutally attacking the white guy.

Sam is a clever footballer who deserves to get his name on a PAFC AFL locker. Tough, runs hard, puts his body on the line, gets in the right places, excellent handball skills, except the poor bugga is my height. He spent the last half of last year playing sore.

With everyone, I am appalled that he gets the ball dropped on his head vs two talls too often, but that's Hinkleyball. That's not Sam's fault, he is playing his part perfectly. Always wanted him to lead more when in the forward lines, but that's Hinkleyball. Forwards don't lead in Hinkleyball and Bassball. I Iike the leading nowadays. Makes a helluva difference.

So it is OK to rail against Sam not being able to kick more than 40 metres. But remember that his brother can't either. And we all wish, as probably does he, that he was tall. He is never going to be dominant.

But he doesn't have to be insulted personally, sledged by his own team's supporters, for team or coach failings.

I guess every supporter base needs a whipping boy, FigBooty history on this forum tells us so, but it shouldn't be.

FWIW, I come from decades of an occupation with a counselling component, so I perhaps see the world in a different light to many here.

On SM-G920I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remember when Wines was made the sub one game and then tore the game apart when someone got injured early?

My mum was conviced all of Darren Smith’s best games came when an opponent had personally pissed him off

After the last game - I bet my life Norf will improve on their goal kicking by a 100%.. that';s a worry for us (?)

After the last game - I bet my life Norf will improve on their goal kicking by a 100%.. that';s a worry for us (?)
Go from kicking 1 goal to 2?

Okay

B: Williams, Tarrant, Pittard
F: S. Gray, Dixon, Rozee

HB: MacMillan, Thompson, Atley
HF: R. Gray, Marshall, Butters

C: Simpkin, Higgins, Polec
C: Powell-Pepper, Rockliff, Amon

HF: Zurhaar, Larkey, Garner
HB: Hartlett, Westhoff, Bonner

F: Thomas, Brown, Ziebell
B: Houston, Clurey, Jonas

R: Goldstein, Cunnington, Anderson
R: Ryder, Wines, Boak

Int: Dumont, Ahern, Durdin, Turner
Int: Ladhams, Byrne-Jones, Broadbent, Burton

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sam Gray needs to stop jumping into our key forwards and then he will be much more useful.

He reminds me of Schulz a bit in that respect, who would constantly crash into our other forwards. At least Jay would actually mark the ball though!

Remember when Wines spudded it off one ganme against Collingwood this year. And then ran off and had a little scream or cry into the fence

I think he plays worse with his heart on his sleeve

Trade please

Remember when Wines spudded it off one ganme against Collingwood this year. And then ran off and had a little scream or cry into the fence

I think he plays worse with his heart on his sleeve

Trade please

You mean the game he played with a broken foot?

Boak was heavily tagged against Sydney effecting his output

As per visiting stats boffin, Billy Bob65:

“Fewest [midfield frequency] starts for Boak in analysed games since Rd 21, 2018”

I sorta agree, but with Motlop I honestly think he’s been a victim of not having a defined role. He’s been all over the shop and it doesn’t suit him. Don’t get me wrong, it doesn’t excuse the soft efforts, but I could see him thriving in this twilight of his career playing a legitimate Small Forward role.
bit like eddie?

So we give him another bloody year on the list just for the vanishingly small chance that he has a son good enough to be taken as a F/S pick?
Only if he marries Liz Cambage or someone with equivalent height

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

So we give him another bloody year on the list just for the vanishingly small chance that he has a son good enough to be taken as a F/S pick?

Nah, we win our next 5 games and then win the GF in his 100th before sending him off to Carlton with our blessing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back