Status
Not open for further replies.

Squizz89

Club Legend
Feb 1, 2016
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
It now makes sense why the AFL scheduled this game at 4pm at Norwood on a Friday. They had the foresight to the future that this may be a wooden spoon battle.

In all seriousness, like a lot of others I’m pretty meh on the season already.

Changes wise I honestly can’t see us doing much, because we never do except the usual suspects.

Not sure Hipwood can get a game based on last night, but he will. If Morris has a good ressies game today I’d definitely consider him.

Would also like to see another proper HB player come in. Brain perhaps?

Payne should still be on notice as well, unbelievable how bad his performances are in comparison to the first half last year.

lol Norf will play their role and present for a beat down next Friday to get our season going. Tide goes in tide goes out never a miscommunication.

I'd look at Tunstill for Dev. Not sure what's going on with Dev but he's not bringing a lot to the team at the moment.

Then do we play Fort or maybe look at giving Kai a full game?

Answerth didn't have a great game either. Zorko you know he'll cost us a couple of goals a game but he was decent offensively last night.

Wait and see if Morris kicks another bag today

I'd look at Tunstill for Dev. Not sure what's going on with Dev but he's not bringing a lot to the team at the moment.

Then do we play Fort or maybe look at giving Kai a full game?

Answerth didn't have a great game either. Zorko you know he'll cost us a couple of goals a game but he was decent offensively last night.

Wait and see if Morris kicks another bag today

Big game for the VFL lads today. Spots up for grabs.

Norwood Oval is about 7 metres narrower and 5 metres shorter than Kardinia Park, so wouldn't expect anything other than a tightly contested scrap. Having said that, thought the two most entertaining games of last year's GR were played at the ground, so :shrug:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought he was decent and earned his spot.
Just looked a bit slow again but all the whipping boys are copping it
That’s what I thought.

Except for Zorko not knowing how to actually defend and turning the ball over a few times, I thought the rest of our defenders played ok to very well.

Hard to defend properly when structures break down further up field.

That’s what I thought.

Except for Zorko not knowing how to actually defend and turning the ball over a few times, I thought the rest of our defenders played ok to very well.

Hard to defend properly when structures break down further up field.

It's an oversimplified reason, but I really put the loss down to our accuracy in front of goal v theirs. A big part of that is they were able to get a lot of shots at goal early form good spots (then kicked the miraculous....grr) whereas we missed out on having a lot of those good opportunities due to dropped marks. I honestly felt bad for Hippy, he'd got front and centre to mark multiple times, did all the hard work only to drop the chest mark.

Charlie being 3-8 instead of 8-3 hurts.

Very good chance we have one or two wins right now if we had of got this part of our game right.

It's an oversimplified reason, but I really put the loss down to our accuracy in front of goal v theirs. A big part of that is they were able to get a lot of shots at goal early form good spots (then kicked the miraculous....grr) whereas we missed out on having a lot of those good opportunities due to dropped marks. I honestly felt bad for Hippy, he'd got front and centre to mark multiple times, did all the hard work only to drop the chest mark.

Charlie being 3-8 instead of 8-3 hurts.

Very good chance we have one or two wins right now if we had of got this part of our game right.

Sounds like Kingy and Dunstall had a crack at out key forwards and entries but if really came down to dropped marks (and not receiving clear frees they received at the other end).

Joe could've had 3 big contested marks in the first quarter but couldn't quite hold on which really would've made a statement

Sounds like Kingy and Dunstall had a crack at out key forwards and entries but if really came down to dropped marks (and not receiving clear frees they received at the other end).

Joe could've had 3 big contested marks in the first quarter but couldn't quite hold on which really would've made a statement

Would love to see the stats on Collingwoods scores from D50. Felt like they had 4+ goals from behinds or dropped marks.

The missed frees absolutely hurt us too.

Did Payne really have a bad game?
How low are we setting the bar? In my opinion I thought he was awful. Can remember one intercept mark and one decent spoil. Otherwise every time he touched it he put a teammate under pressure. One of his dump kicks forward in the middle of the ground resulted in a rebound goal at a critical stage.

If he’s not intercept marking I can’t see how he keeps his spot. Doesn’t offer anything else with his game. At the other end Framtpon is wearing Daniher like a glove every time it goes in. Half the time I can’t work out who Payne is playing on. McInnes actually out marked him on the wing twice. If Gardiner is fit he comes in otherwise Joyce comes in for mine.

Would love to see the stats on Collingwoods scores from D50. Felt like they had 4+ goals from behinds or dropped marks.

The missed frees absolutely hurt us too.
Felt like a lot of opportunity in the first half that was wasted through poor skill execution. Particularly the inability of the forwards to hold onto a mark and convert into shots on goal.

The second quarter was about as dominant a quarter you'd see in terms of controlling play in the forward half, and should've gone into half time a half dozen goals in front.

In the end the umpiring didn't make the difference, but it certainly compounded the frustration!

Sent from my motorola edge 30 pro using Tapatalk

Might be an unpopular opinion, but the co-captain is a poor one-on-one defender, and his dumb decisions and poor defending directly costs goals.

Sent from my motorola edge 30 pro using Tapatalk
Wasn’t great last night but he’s trying to do the role of two-three players. Bit like Darcy Moore. He performed well the first two games.

That’s why I’m scathing of guys like Payne. He’s 25 this year. Continuous games of 5-6 disposals (which are generally poor ones) and one mark isn’t anywhere near good enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back