Unofficial Preview Changes v North Melbourne after the bye?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
We got shown up in the 2nd half tonight v the Demons, looked like we had lead in our boots, 9 goals to 3 after half time... not good.

We have 2 weeks to stew on this loss and reset for the run to the finals, still a good chance of top 4, top 2 going to be difficult now.

Outs- Grant Birchall(omitted), Ryan Lester(injured), Jaxon Prior(omitted).

Ins- James Madden, Noah Answerth/(Jack Payne?), Tom Berry.

If Payne gets a reserves match in and goes OK wouldn't be against him coming in depending on matchups, Lester appeared to redo his hamstring.

Sep 14, 2012
Broadbeach
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Big O was pathetic tonight. Looked scared and was dominated by Gawn and the kid Jackson. Letting go of Martin has been a blunder all year.

Midfield got hammered after half time which resulted in our forwards going missing. Thought Hipwood was in for his best game yet.

Lester out for Madden.

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Big O was pathetic tonight. Looked scared and was dominated by Gawn and the kid Jackson. Letting go of Martin has been a blunder all year.

Midfield got hammered after half time which resulted in our forwards going missing. Thought Hipwood was in for his best game yet.

Lester out for Madden.

Stef is finished

We got shown up in the 2nd half tonight v the Demons, looked like we had lead in our boots, 9 goals to 3 after half time... not good.

We have 2 weeks to stew on this loss and reset for the run to the finals, still a good chance of top 4, top 2 going to be difficult now.

If Payne gets a reserves match in and goes OK wouldn't be against him coming in depending on matchups, Lester appeared to redo his hamstring.
Prior would be harsh, he had a good game. Like what he brings. Wouldn't mind having Matho in too, not sure who misses out for him though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers

Birchall out, Prior pushed back in defence to take his place.

Ah Chee out, Madden in.

J.Berry in (if fit).

Lester stays in until Gardiner is back, or Payne proves himself ready to step up.

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Birchall out, Prior pushed back in defence to take his place.

Ah Chee out, Madden in.

J.Berry in (if fit).

Lester stays in until Gardiner is back, or Payne proves himself ready to step up.

I’m curious about Prior playing down back. Long term it’s definitely an option but short term he hasn’t proven to be particularly good defensively and his kicking has great penetration but doesn’t seem to pull off difficult kicks ever.

I think he’s playing a similar role to Robbo last season. Doing all the running but not winning much of the footy.

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
I’m curious about Prior playing down back. Long term it’s definitely an option but short term he hasn’t proven to be particularly good defensively and his kicking has great penetration but doesn’t seem to pull off difficult kicks ever.

I think he’s playing a similar role to Robbo last season. Doing all the running but not winning much of the footy.
He’s not often in a position to take difficult or incisive kicks. When he has had the chance, typically going in to the forward 50, he has delivered.

Put him back behind the ball, with a bit more time on his hands, and I believe you’ll see him take the right options.

Defensively he’s not going to be any worse than Birchall, and I hope he’ll do better than Birchall.

He’ll also offer more run from defence than Birchall does.

SL16

Senior List
Oct 12, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Out: Adams, Lester, Prior
In: Payne, Madden, J Berry

Mathieson instead of Berry if he's not 100%, or if they want to give him half a game in the VFL.

beardancer

Team Captain
Oct 16, 2009
melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Out Daniher. In Archie Smith. Then we've got one guy who can ruck and Oscar can play the deep forward role.
Out Kiddy. In Tom Berry.....just more intensity.
Madden and Payne in for Birch and Froggy.
Matho out. Tom Joyce in....Just because I really want to see this kid play at the top level. We all know Matho's game but Joyce offers much more.

davemc_lions

Premiership Player
Aug 21, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I say Lesters done his hammy again so Payne in for him
Birchall been poor the last 2 weeks was good before that not sure the bye enough rest maybe Madden
If Zorko goes you bring Matho in.
I try to bring Matho in for someone maybe Kiddy if not.
Prior been quiet the last few weeks although give him another game
AhChee the weird one he does good and bad things.. not sure still about him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back