Unofficial Preview Changes v North Melbourne after the bye?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think we'll make any unforced changes. We've been great for 7.5 of the last 8 matches

Mids won't be as bad as they were in the second half again
No they won't be they are playing the team coming last and then a fortnight later playing the team who won last years wooden spoon.

Out: Adams, Lester, Prior
In: Payne, Madden, J Berry

Mathieson instead of Berry if he's not 100%, or if they want to give him half a game in the VFL.
Don't know IF Payne is right yet, and being such a big bloke, might need a couple of games in the ressies, but then again, we are only playing the team running last and the team who finished last in 2020, over the next three games, so might gain match fitness against those teams.

Pretty simple, if Lester is unavailable, madden comes in - North don't have tall options. Hopefully Payne gets some continuity after the bye and also becomes an option.

Think J Berry will need to do some minutes in VFL before he's an option for the senior team.

I think Berry and Payne will play in 2 weeks but in the reserves. When fit they replace Prior or Dev and Adams or Lester in my preferred lineup.

While a loss allows me to make other changes I want. Madden for Birchall. Birchall had a few good games but his kicking isn't consistently good enough to offset his other weaknesses.

I think Berry and Payne will play in 2 weeks but in the reserves. When fit they replace Prior or Dev and Adams or Lester in my preferred lineup.

While a loss allows me to make other changes I want. Madden for Birchall. Birchall had a few good games but his kicking isn't consistently good enough to offset his other weaknesses.
Dev is developing as an inside mid beautifully for his age and level of experience...Prior likewise. I for one am very happy to see them get a good block of games.

I think we need to drop Lachie Neale. We were doing so well without him in our team.;)
We'll give him a week off this week, and then bring him back in in Week 14. See if he can make the most of his opportunity then and cement a spot.

Starce, Andrews, Adams
Madden, Payne, Rich
Clugg, Neale, Robbo
Oscar, Lyons, Matho
Linc, Hippy, Zorks
Mcstay, Cameron, Joe
Prior, Dev, Ah Chee, Bailey
Sub- Kiddy.

Give that line up a run against the Roo's.

J Berry will need 2 or 3 good ressie games to force his way back in for Matho.
Happy to give Payne an early start in the firsts if his body is 100%, especially against the Roo's. Otherwise we are stuck with Birch or do we try Ballenden as a tall option down back. I hope not.
Answerth an option if his form is good.
Gees we miss Dizzy, we lose a lot of cohesion down back without him. Adams wouldn't get a look in if he was fit. The only reason I have him in over Birchall is that he is better 1 on 1 than Birch. If Zorks does cop a week, I'd bring T Berry onto the bench, I think he offers a bit more defensive pressure than Kiddy.

Last edited:
Starce, Andrews, Adams
Madden, Payne, Rich
Clugg, Neale, Robbo
Oscar, Lyons, Matho
Linc, Hippy, Zorks
Mcstay, Cameron, Joe
Prior, Dev, Ah Chee, Kiddy
Sub- T Berry.

Give that line up a run against the Roo's.

J Berry will need 2 or 3 good ressie games to force his way back in for Matho.
Happy to give Payne an early start in the firsts if his body is 100%, especially against the Roo's.
Answerth an option if his form is good.
Gees we miss Dizzy, we lose a lot of cohesion down back without him. Adams wouldn't get a look in if he was fit. The only reason I have him in over Birchall is that he is better 1 on 1 than Birch. If Zorks does cop a week, I'd bring T Berry onto the bench and Answerth into sub.
Like the team but I think you’ve forgotten Bailey

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We got shown up in the 2nd half tonight v the Demons, looked like we had lead in our boots, 9 goals to 3 after half time... not good.

We have 2 weeks to stew on this loss and reset for the run to the finals, still a good chance of top 4, top 2 going to be difficult now.

Outs- Grant Birchall(omitted), Ryan Lester(injured), Jaxon Prior(omitted).

Ins- James Madden, Noah Answerth/(Jack Payne?), Tom Berry.

If Payne gets a reserves match in and goes OK wouldn't be against him coming in depending on matchups, Lester appeared to redo his hamstring.
Payne and Answerth both not selected to play twos this week and we have a bye next week for the reserves, so cant see either coming in on no match practice. Tom Berry a chance, though I’d prefer to see Tom Joyce debut. Jarrod Berry not selected this week either, so I can’t see him playing without at least one game in the twos. Madden for Lester is the only certain change.

I don't think we'll make any unforced changes. We've been great for 7.5 of the last 8 matches

Mids won't be as bad as they were in the second half again
Obviously Madden will come in for Lester after 2 hamstrings in 3 weeks.

The only others whose position could be in jeopardy are Coleman and Prior and I'm not convinced whoever we bring in for them would be any better. Unless Berry gets up. And he's had a reasonably significant injury and a long layoff.

I've got some doubts about Coleman at this stage but he's done enough for now.

Berry isn't coming straight into the side. Like answerth, they have battled groin injuries that don't allow you to walk back into the best 22. Berry needs to have match practice in the reserves because this is the type of injury that can retrigger itself quickly. Fagan even cited that berry will be going through the reserves before joining the senior team.

Lst night again raised concerns for me about the size of our midfield. Zorko Neale McCluggage are all small. Bailey is small and then we rely on back up from our small forwards in McCarthy, Cameron and Coleman we just get bullied. I am starting to think without Rayner we need a bigger forward to rotate into the middle. I feel we do better with Ah Chee forward as he does that, but Coleman (while improving) isn't big/strong enough to supprt

Lst night again raised concerns for me about the size of our midfield. Zorko Neale McCluggage are all small. Bailey is small and then we rely on back up from our small forwards in McCarthy, Cameron and Coleman we just get bullied. I am starting to think without Rayner we need a bigger forward to rotate into the middle. I feel we do better with Ah Chee forward as he does that, but Coleman (while improving) isn't big/strong enough to supprt

Was the size of our midfield and issue in the first half when our midfield was dominant?

Obviously Madden will come in for Lester after 2 hamstrings in 3 weeks.

The only others whose position could be in jeopardy are Coleman and Prior and I'm not convinced whoever we bring in for them would be any better. Unless Berry gets up. And he's had a reasonably significant injury and a long layoff.

I've got some doubts about Coleman at this stage but he's done enough for now.
I'd be shocked if Coleman doesn't make a great footballer, but at this stage he is struggling making decisions when kicking forward.
Has taken the shortest option quite afew times , almost like he's not looking further and looking for those short kicks.
T. Berry to replace Coleman .
Coleman to go back and work on his craft, instructions to fine tune his laser kicks .

Was the size of our midfield and issue in the first half when our midfield was dominant?
No it was we were getting the ball and sticking tackles. But as the game wore on they started to run all over us. Oliver and Petracca just bust straight through too often. Not many team have as big and talented mids as them but there has been a pattern to the teams that have beaten us the last few years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back