Unofficial Preview Changes V North Melbourne: Out: Crocker/Daicos - In: Murray/Cox

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What made you pick North?
You dont think we have more midfield depth than them, we are alot quicker than them around the ground, plus we have a potent forward structure?
Only danger for us is if Brown, Daw and Ziebell get on top of our backline. I think that Greenwood may well take Ziebell, and we will trust our midfield to go head to head with theirs, so no tagging of Higgins.
Well said, we have weaknesses, yes but we also have strengths, it is time we all started to back out guys in, we lose we lose but I expect a win each week.

Last I looked the bookies had us in front, usually a sign.

Last week was the one we let slip and who knows in the context of the season may have been the one we needed to lose to get our heads right. Last week was an anomaly, apart from the opening quarter we looked like we dropped our bundle somewhat. I was expecting a response that didn't come, expecting it to come this week.

I think it’s an acknowledgment that McLarty is next in line (if we were to lose a Cox/Moore/Mihocek).
He has edged past Crocker...as next on the list.
Either that or he absolutely kicked arse in the Interclub match simulation last week...
I would have thought Brown would be the next to be called up? Obviously McLarty is a tall and Brown isn't.

Well said, we have weaknesses, yes but we also have strengths, it is time we all started to back out guys in, we lose we lose but I expect a win each week.

Last I looked the bookies had us in front, usually a sign.

Last week was the one we let slip and who knows in the context of the season may have been the one we needed to lose to get our heads right. Last week was an anomaly, apart from the opening quarter we looked like we dropped our bundle somewhat. I was expecting a response that didn't come, expecting it to come this week.

Like the Geelong game? Things went well after that “wake up call”. I think I’ll hang my hat on that.

Pies by 37!

Thats a loaded question.

Considering the difference in position, etc.

I'd rather play Murray in the ruck than have Crocker ever set foot in the seniors again.

Congratulations to Sam

Sent back to the 2s to work on a game that once was good enough to get noticed league wide with teams setting up ala heater against him

Hope he AGAIN does well

Typical bf drop off

Good changes. Although crocker and daicos are both forwards, so maybe moving someone up the field? Maynard?

Congratulations to Sam

Sent back to the 2s to work on a game that once was good enough to get noticed league wide with teams setting up ala heater against him

Hope he AGAIN does well

Typical bf drop off
I am more worried about his ability as a one on one defender. Now that teams are trying to stop his run, he seems to have been forced to be more mindful of an opponent, and I am not yet convinced that he is good in that role.

Jacobs out, so Steele probably avoids a tag again. Would like for him to get more forward time. Not sure if it's just me, but he looked to play forward more earlier in the year. Should rotate with De Goey imo.

What made you pick North?
You dont think we have more midfield depth than them, we are alot quicker than them around the ground, plus we have a potent forward structure?
Only danger for us is if Brown, Daw and Ziebell get on top of our backline. I think that Greenwood may well take Ziebell, and we will trust our midfield to go head to head with theirs, so no tagging of Higgins.

Isn't Daw a defender these days?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wrapt with the changes. Crocker out is a no-brainer... Offers very little to the team and everytime he seems to go near the ball something bad happens...

Like the inclusion of Murray. We could afford to push Crisp/Maynard up to a wing and push Sidebottom to half forward at times...

Given they play Daw & Brown forward I would like to see Mihochek play at full back on the deepest forward and Moore at CHB. This allows Sharenberg & Howe to play their natural roles off half back and taking intercept marks.

DeGoey to start up forward alongside Cox.

Greenwood to tag Higgins/Cunnington.

Line up:

B - Howe Mihochek Sharenberg
HB - Murray Moore Maynard
C - Crisp Pendlebury Phillips
HF - Thomas WHE Sidebottom
F - DeGoey Cox Stephenson
R - Grundy Adams Greenwood
INT - Varcoe Mayne Sier Langdon

Maybe a slight exageration, it was more like after 2 rounds, "oh s**t, Cox is playing" because from after that he has been more than useful

After one round it was “ thanks god he got suspended because he was s**t”. After round two it was “even though he was s**t in round one we lost again and really missed him”. Not long later it was “that was the best five possession game I’ve ever seen”. Then it was “ a bag of five.... he was due....he’ll be unstoppable if he can do that on a regular basis”. And now it’s “ we’re farked without him”

After one round it was “ thanks god he got suspended because he was s**t”. After round two it was “even though he was s**t in round one we lost again and really missed him”. Not long later it was “that was the best five possession game I’ve ever seen”. Then it was “ a bag of five.... he was due....he’ll be unstoppable if he can do that on a regular basis”. And now it’s “ we’re farked without him”

It's the internet. We're like goldfish....short attention span and even shorter memories!
Cox is rubbish, no he's not, yes he is, no he's not, yes he is...

Now try the BF variations: Insert these words into the above sentence and repeat: Buckley, Sidebottom, Pendlebury, Collingwood FC, umpires, AFL, Eddie, (go through the entire playing and coaching list), AFLW, Cheer squads, (insert all other clubs, their playing and coaching lists), injuries, the tribunal, Collingwood FC (right from the start), Indigenous players, draft picks, recruiters, Malthouse, Eddie again cos we hate him!,

surely there are better things to do with our lives than argue about things we (a) know very little about (actually) or (b) things we cannot change or even influence with our whinging.

Just for the record:

I like watching Coxy play, he's fun to watch and has a lot of upside. I actually enjoy watching all the CFC teams play...I must be nuts!

It's the internet. We're like goldfish....short attention span and even shorter memories!
Or maybe just maybe, now bare with me here...

...the internet is full of a bunch of a bunch of different people with a bunch of different opinions.

I know it's hard to get your head around at first but after a while you tend to realise your generalisations are disingenuous and start to treat posters as individuals instead of the community as one person.

Or maybe just maybe, now bare with me here...

...the internet is full of a bunch of a bunch of different people with a bunch of different opinions.

I know it's hard to get your head around at first but after a while you tend to realise your generalisations are disingenuous and start to treat posters as individuals instead of the community as one person.

"Different people, different opinions" is fine, it's the "same people, different opinions" that gets very goldfishy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back