Preview Changes v North Melbourne - Round 7, 2021 - OUT Jones, IN B Brown

Remove this Banner Ad

Now we all know Goody isn't Albert Newton but if a strategically shaved monkey in Goody's MFC gear was substituted as the coach, even he wouldn't make such predictable coaching move (and he'd just be throwing poo at the magnate board). I also give the players a bit of credit not to be so stupid and predictable. Also, surely we've trained for the eventuality of BBB being in the team, yes with Weid but Tmac is their instead.

It could have the opposite effect, BBB draws the defence attention which opens up other options the defenders have neglected. When they realise we're not using BBB and adjust, then we look to get it to BBB. Keep switching between the two as the defenders adjust. So potentially we have few methods for f50 entry which may just make us less predictable than the first 6 weeks and the ability completely change the way we entre f50.
Agree with your analysis but I do think you are underselling the possibility that Goody is the spawn of a hitherto unknown dalliance between Sir Isaac and Einstein.

I'm hearing from various sources that Salem and Brayshaw are sore.

So it might be Ben Brown and Baker (one of the 24 travelling down) in for the above two. Guessing Melk gets a reprieve.

M. Brown and Petty also travelling.

Ben in without a forward out seems pretty crazy.

Ben Brown to kick 8 goals, which will almost double Norfs score himself

Walks off the ground playing for a team that is 7-0 and has just belted his old club who are 0-7 by 80+ points

He will be thinking to himself that life is pretty good right now

Hey all, well done on a great season so far. I've been told that with BB coming into the side this week that Goodwin is reverting to a completely different game plan which internally you guys have termed "Clown's Paddock".

Do you think this is the best thing to do while you are on a roll with your current game plan or is it necessary to adapt and have a game plan focused around a key forward going into finals?

Hey all, well done on a great season so far. I've been told that with BB coming into the side this week that Goodwin is reverting to a completely different game plan which internally you guys have termed "Clown's Paddock".

Do you think this is the best thing to do while you are on a roll with your current game plan or is it necessary to adapt and have a game plan focused around a key forward going into finals?
What in the *

I think when you’re sitting pretty at 6-0 and playing some bottom sides in coming weeks, you can afford to experiment a little with your chess pieces. It behooves Goody to work out a plan B and a plan C should he need to pull some rabbits out of hats come September.

Harry Davie kicked 6 on debut against Richmond in 1924.

7 players kicked 5 on debut, most recently Sean Charles in 1992 - against North.

Credit: Demonwiki

Brent Heaver kicked 5 on debut for the Dees against Carlton around 1990 from memory.

Having a key forward embiggens the small forwards in my opinion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Having a key forward embiggens the small forwards in my opinion.

Should bode well for us then, given our small forwards have been pretty cromulent.

I've been wary of us playing brown ahead of Weidmann considering weid's form. Think we should work it out in terms of fwd structure but I'm more concerned that a really good fwd that we have done the hard yards developing will look for more chances elsewhere.

This is quite possibly the worst attempt at a troll that I've ever seen.

s**t now I’m nervous. Last time we went top I was 15.

Last edited:
North +58.5 on the line. :think:
Actually not a bad bet - our biggest margin is in the 40s. I don’t think we will necessarily towel sides (although what Casey did makes me wonder).

Time to grab a few wins lead on top before we surely drop a few in the latter stages of the season.
Hopefully everything is coming up Milhouse.

Just got my tickets. Looking forward to a relaxing shellacking. Nice to go to the footy feeling totally confident. Nice weather too!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back