Preview Changes v North Melbourne - Round 7, 2021 - OUT Jones, IN B Brown

We're in the unexpected situation where we aren't relying on Brown to kick a bag. Less pressure on Brown and I'm sure he will be told that he simply plays a role.

Over the first 6 weeks we've established a style of play under Goodwin/William's & co and I can't see us jeopardising that.

Jones, I suspect will have regular spells in reserves or managed throughout the season.

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers
Neither Melksham nor Jones are playing VFL tonight but Chandler and Bedford are so looks like there will only be one change, one of Jones/Melk out for Brown. Petty also not playing VFL, is he hurt?
Nothing about Petty on Burgo's injury update earlier, but Vanders and Lockhart are out, and Harmes listed for Casey tonight

Stuff that. I've already told my son that he sleeps in the dog's bed (we have a space under the stairs Harry Potter-style for our dog) if he doesn't go for the same team as daddy. He's not yet had his 3rd birthday...
My old man told me I could support any team I liked but if I didn't want to have to move out of home it had to be the dees.

Imet Hassa

All Australian
Aug 18, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Neither Melksham nor Jones are playing VFL tonight but Chandler and Bedford are so looks like there will only be one change, one of Jones/Melk out for Brown. Petty also not playing VFL, is he hurt?
One out, one sub?

Jul 23, 2004
At the Portsea shack
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory
I love you Goody. Can't wait for sideshow bob to exact revenge on his old side.
B713049C-EAB0-4F27-B0C2-1B9ECD0AD0A0.jpeg

'he takes the best defender'
So now the best defender will know where the ball is going, they've had no idea the first 6 weeks.
BBB taking the best defender doesn't automatically mean they know where the ball is going. I think you are oversimplifying the equation - Best defender to BBB = all our delivery into the f50 goes to BBB.

Now we all know Goody isn't Albert Newton but if a strategically shaved monkey in Goody's MFC gear was substituted as the coach, even he wouldn't make such predictable coaching move (and he'd just be throwing poo at the magnate board). I also give the players a bit of credit not to be so stupid and predictable. Also, surely we've trained for the eventuality of BBB being in the team, yes with Weid but Tmac is their instead.

It could have the opposite effect, BBB draws the defence attention which opens up other options the defenders have neglected. When they realise we're not using BBB and adjust, then we look to get it to BBB. Keep switching between the two as the defenders adjust. So potentially we have few methods for f50 entry which may just make us less predictable than the first 6 weeks and the ability completely change the way we entre f50.

Apr 1, 2018
AFL Club
Tasmania
So excited that Brown is playing. Firstly, I think it's good for our forward line. Secondly he's a Tassie boy and previously heavily marketed by North every time he comes here, love the irony. Thirdly, suck that North, particularly your supporters on here who have carried on for years with the death riding crap and sulking it up when Brown was traded to us.

Can't wait!

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Are melksham and Jones doing much to lock it inside 50? Wouldn’t have thought we’re losing much
Melksham not a star forward pressure player by any stretch. But he goes up into the midfield still. Brown is just a forward and is much slower and less agile than Melk. Like by alot.

Melksham not a star forward pressure player by any stretch. But he goes up into the midfield still. Brown is just a forward and is much slower and less agile than Melk. Like by alot.
If melk doesn't play, more centre bounces for GOAT JJ

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Are you just saying this because buddy came back and ruined the Sydney synergy 3 or 4 weeks back?
He's also ruined the synergy at the Hawks before aswell.
But no I said that about Brown before Buddy even came back it just validates that the structure can be ruined by a target that is bigger than the rest.

Brown shouldn't and won't cost us against North.

But he averages less than 2 goals a game against Richmond WC and Geelong those are the games id be suspect of his ability to impact. He doesn't compete in the air anywhere near aswell as Jackson. Ask the north fans. He's work is comparable to Hogan when he just plays for frees and gets bodied out. Brilliant when the momentums running down hill

ummmmmm, i think his name is something like Jordon James, or Michael Jordon or something like that. Pretty sure he's like 200cm and 110kg. Haven't really seen him up close though.

dylan93

Club Legend
Mar 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
I'm hearing from various sources that Salem and Brayshaw are sore.

So it might be Ben Brown and Baker (one of the 24 travelling down) in for the above two. Guessing Melk gets a reprieve.

M. Brown and Petty also travelling.

Back