Unofficial Preview Changes V North Melbourne: Out: Crocker/Daicos - In: Murray/Cox

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cox for Crocker
Murray maybe for Daicos (might need to gain some touches in the twos, needs to get more involved before returning).
Varcoe fwd - got to positions but made horrid decisions today, seemed to lack sharpness as hasn’t played much of late.
Elliott back for Tigers (hopefully)
Hope Sier gets up.

When to bring Elliott back in is a tough one - that VFL bye has been a bitch. I am inclined to agree that all things equal he needs VFL for at least a week - but then when he came back in last year from VFL he was clearly off the pace in that first week of AFL and do we want that game to be against Richmond ?

They could bring him in against North and keep his game time as low as is manageable on the day but I tend to think they won't risk it both in terms of the team and Elliott's management. I certainly wouldn't want both Aish and Elliott coming back under cooked at the same time against Richmond , so perhaps Elliott back for Richmond and Aish for Sydney.

I don't usually get sucked in to picking the side because I don't know any of the intricacies of fitness etc of the players like their coaches do, but dropping Greenwood might be an error against his old side. He would match up well as a tag for Cunnington who has been North's best midfielder this year and he'd know the blokes game having trained with him and against him for years.
Give him the job?
He'll get rubbed out for his hit on McGovern(?).

Levi plays his best as a midfield tagger.
Play him in that role or not at all

He just looks lost in the back line

I didn't mind his work as a definsive forward last year can take a nice grab.

Play Elliot as a deep forward with rotations on the bench surely that's going be better then playing at some s**t VFL ground with our second string doctors in attendance.

Start him on the bench every quarter for the first 8 minutes bring him on for a 15 minute run take him off

Yes the tempo is quicker but so is the quality, Elliot is a Mercedes which you don't drive to the bush it's class and should stay on the road.

He has been in cotton wool long enough time to get him back in.

Play Elliot as a deep forward with rotations on the bench surely that's going be better then playing at some s**t VFL ground with our second string doctors in attendance.

Start him on the bench every quarter for the first 8 minutes bring him on for a 15 minute run take him off

Yes the tempo is quicker but so is the quality, Elliot is a Mercedes which you don't drive to the bush it's class and should stay on the road.

He has been in cotton wool long enough time to get him back in.
No, because that effects other rotations. Thats silly. You're either fit enough run out a game or your not and in the VFL.

If we're honest this loss has been imminent with the tide of defeat only held back in recent weeks because of poorer opposition and a new found maturity within the group that saw us get over the line when in recent seasons we wouldn't have.

Yesterday though the weight of injury and the continued lack of form for some within the 22 saw our resilience finally crack against a top 4 side.

The challenge now is to bounce back immediately and I hope to see at least 3 changes to the side for the game against the Kangaroos.

Out:Crocker
In:Cox (McLarty)

Out: Daicos
In:Brown

Out one of:Mayne, Greenwood or Varcoe.
In:Murray

The availability of Sier remains unknown at present.

Out : varcoe please.

People will say Murray or Smith turn it over. Noone turns it over like Varcoe. I don't see any reason to have Varcoe in the side ahead of a similar younger version.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Higgins also plays high half forward and we have great half backs to take care of him.
Cunnington is their engine. Remember Hawthorn? did we tag Cyril or Mitchell?
I'm definitely in the "tag Higgins" camp if we're going to tag anyone. Higgins is far more damaging IMO.

The thing is, who does he play on if not a tall? He was beaten for pace today by Mark Lecras. He has done very well this year, but I still have concerns about his leg speed and agility defensively. His offensive capability and ball use is pretty good, but not good enough to carry him defensively. Third tall doesn't work when we have both Langdon and Howe, who are both able to take smalls and taller types.

Needs to get physically stronger and take the second key tall.

And that will take time. Imagine he's got a date with the weights room for the entire off-season.

Josh Daicos is a disappointment.

His Dad must be filthy.

What a crock of s**t. Daics would be proud as punch. He'd likely be filthy with dick head supporters though.

The bloke who has been playing ruck/forward all year maybe in the VFL?

Crocker is a kreas.....not sure why our match committee can’t see that.

It's unlikely they were unaware of the potential for Cox to be omitted at the 11th hour yet they chose to not include McLarty in the squad for the game. Clearly they don't think he's ready.

Put simply - it's 3rd vs 9th - we must win. Given Brisbane and Freo both won this round, there's no gimme games remaining (if there ever is such a thing)

Didn’t have a choice because of the ridiculous list of emergencies we named. I would’ve preferred Murray come in personally.

But we regain Cox next week so it mitigates the McLarty argument.

Edit: I’ve just realised I’ve misinterpreted Dave’s post. I thought he meant for next week. Which is reasonable given that thread is for changes for next week...

Could have bought in any player and just worn the fine so clearly that's not the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back