Preview Changes v North

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Demon 16

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 25, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
I wouldn’t have thought so but for comedic purposes I’m all for it. With two giant rucks plus the general belting mentioned earlier, I might go along to this one
Pruess was best on ground for Casey again this week and Gawn came off late with a tight hammy.

Wouldn’t surprise me at all if we play Pruess and not risk Gawn.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

dee_mac

Club Legend
Feb 28, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
Lewis could be in for an all time underwhelming and awkward retirement chair off. Meaningless game, against North, in Hobart, supporters angry and checked out. It's the most fascinating prospect of the game.

demondavey

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 18, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
Lewis could be in for an all time underwhelming and awkward retirement chair off. Meaningless game, against North, in Hobart, supporters angry and checked out. It's the most fascinating prospect of the game.
If football supporters from both sides have any class they’ll remember a 4x premiership player, b&f winner in a flag year, and a 300+ game player. Obviously his 54 games for us were at the end of his career but he definitely added some positives to Melbourne.

What percentage of players would play 300 games? Worth commending him solely for his career, irrespective of his jumper colours. An incredibly gutsy competitor.

dee_mac

Club Legend
Feb 28, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
If football supporters from both sides have any class they’ll remember a 4x premiership player, b&f winner in a flag year, and a 300+ game player. Obviously his 54 games for us were at the end of his career but he definitely added some positives to Melbourne.

What percentage of players would play 300 games? Worth commending him solely for his career, irrespective of his jumper colours. An incredibly gutsy competitor.
I have no doubt the supporters at the game will. I just don't think there'll be many of them. Hopefully both teams line up and Lewis and Thompson get chaired off simultaneously and it looks semi respectable

Deemanding

Club Legend
Apr 24, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Subi Lions, Trailblazers, AS Roma
Reckon they might reconsider playing round 23 games at Hobart / Launceston / Darwin / Alice / Ballarat / Shanghai / Timbuktu in future seasons

demondavey

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 18, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
I have no doubt the supporters at the game will. I just don't think there'll be many of them. Hopefully both teams line up and Lewis and Thompson get chaired off simultaneously and it looks semi respectable
Probably not no, but he deserves a standing ovation for being a champion player in his prime.

Top Bottom