Changes v north

Remove this Banner Ad

Naming Gowers and Gardner as emergencies along side Sweet is an insult to Sweet. Those 2 need to pack their bags and go to the EDFL seconds.. ..... Bevvy better not go there again...

Still shocked Trengrove Or Sweet doesn't get a gig to help English . Just Bizarre

Think he was just sore last week. I like him as an in against North as they’re a pretty physical team.
Really happy Jong is back. I like his endeavour. He also was very good the last two games he played. He has been unlucky with injuries. Hope his bad luck turns into good luck. GO KIM IL JONG!!! KICK ASS FELLOW.

Naming Gowers and Gardner as emergencies along side Sweet is an insult to Sweet. Those 2 need to pack their bags and go to the EDFL seconds.. ..... Bevvy better not go there again...

Still shocked Trengrove Or Sweet doesn't get a gig to help English . Just Bizarre

Sacrificing another runner / mid like Jong to play two rucks isn't smart IMO. I don't understand the "help" English part people are talking about. They can't go against Goldy at the same time, so while Sweet or Trengove is in the ruck, Tim will be either on the bench or someone else on the field out of position. Same when English is in the ruck, then we have to carry a second ruck on the ground somewhere in place of a running player.

He played 96% of game time last week and looked great, so his tank is obviously really good. Reduced game time also, so with these 16 minute quarters, it's not like he is going to be run ragged and exhausted needing huge bench time. I agree with Beveridge on this one, either English is #1 ruck, or he isn't playing well enough and Sweet or Trengove take over as #1.

Sacrificing another runner / mid like Jong to play two rucks isn't smart IMO. I don't understand the "help" English part people are talking about. They can't go against Goldy at the same time, so while Sweet or Trengove is in the ruck, Tim will be either on the bench or someone else on the field out of position. Same when English is in the ruck, then we have to carry a second ruck on the ground somewhere in place of a running player.

He played 96% of game time last week and looked great, so his tank is obviously really good. Reduced game time also, so with these 16 minute quarters, it's not like he is going to be run ragged and exhausted needing huge bench time. I agree with Beveridge on this one, either English is #1 ruck, or he isn't playing well enough and Sweet or Trengove take over as #1.
I agree with what you say to a point, but I am not sure that is anyone's best interest to ask a 23yo who is not fully developed physically (by AFL ruckman standards) to back up and do 90%+ of the ruckwork week after week.

I fully agree that we can't waste a position on somebody to be primarily in the team as a 2nd/ support ruck.

I am happy Schache is selected. His primary role is to play in the Naughton mobile kpf position, but at 199cm can give English a cutout for 5 minutes or so each quarter.

I would love to see English go forward during these spells, he is starting to show some promise as a forward target. What a weapon we would have if this aspect of his game comes on

I agree with what you say to a point, but I am not sure that is anyone's best interest to ask a 23yo who is not fully developed physically (by AFL ruckman standards) to back up and do 90%+ of the ruckwork week after week.

I fully agree that we can't waste a position on somebody to be primarily in the team as a 2nd/ support ruck.

I am happy Schache is selected. His primary role is to play in the Naughton mobile kpf position, but at 199cm can give English a cutout for 5 minutes or so each quarter.

I would love to see English go forward during these spells, he is starting to show some promise as a forward target. What a weapon we would have if this aspect of his game comes on
With the shorter quarters a second ruckman becomes a liability not an asset.

With the shorter quarters a second ruckman becomes a liability not an asset.
Well yeah, that's what I said, but looking at the season as a whole, I'd rather have someone (who is legitimately holding down a position on the field anyway) give the odd chopout, than expect a 23 to who's not quite there physically to carry the full load week after week after week.

This thread proves that no matter what team is selected each week, people will whinge, moan and sook.

Seriously, we're complaining about the selected emergencies now?
I will be complaining when Gardner comes in for Easton Wood to play on Brown - as I am hearing on the grapevine

Schache needs to find a way to create a contest all night or he’ll be dropped again. Can’t afford any soft plodders inside 50

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd shuffle things around - Daniel to HFF and Dale to the bench and Vandemeer dropped
Daniel has been outstanding in his role.

The coaches gave him 7 votes in R3 (the most for anyone) and 4 votes last week (behind only Bont & English and equal with Papley).

Really don't see him moving anytime soon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back