Changes v north

Remove this Banner Ad

English is set to cop an absolute hiding from Goldstein, and their inside mids are good enough to capitalise on those ruck taps. Makes sense that Sweet would debut this week to take more of the taps and allow English to do what he does best around the ground.

Still can't believe Weightman is yet to debut while blokes like Vandermeer, Butler and now possibly Sweet are having a run
It could be that he doesn’t like the idea of bringing in Schache or Young for Naughton’s role, and thinks English could play a bit more forward over the next few weeks.

English is set to cop an absolute hiding from Goldstein, and their inside mids are good enough to capitalise on those ruck taps. Makes sense that Sweet would debut this week to take more of the taps and allow English to do what he does best around the ground.

Still can't believe Weightman is yet to debut while blokes like Vandermeer, Butler and now possibly Sweet are having a run
Especially if Cunnington plays, him and Goldstein work extremely well together. Don't think Weightman is too far away.

It could be that he doesn’t like the idea of bringing in Schache or Young for Naughton’s role, and thinks English could play a bit more forward over the next few weeks.
Having Wallis and Dale up forward as marking mediums does help to mitigate the loss of a KPF target. English is a fantastic reader of the play so I'd like to see him given the opportunity to roam down back when needed. Bruce, Dale and Wallis up forward is enough when English isn't there

I think Schache may play too though.
In: Sweet Wood Jong Schache
Out: Lloyd, Naughton Van De Meer (rested) Butler.
I don't mind the changes, but would rather see minimal unforced change. We know Lloyd and Naughton are out, but I'd rather give one of Butler/Vandermeer another week to try get some continuity in the side. Butler may be the one to make way for Wood, with Jong waiting a week

Now is the perfect time to trial Wood as a forward again. Hear me out.

Our defense the last two weeks has been fantastic and we really shouldn't be changing anything down there. Let them build some synergy as a consistent lineup.

The first time we tried Wood forward he was the main guy. He isn't cut out for being the primary KPF. But with Bruce to take most of the attention Wood could really get off the leash.

He's a better mark than Trengove or Schache or any of the other ridiculous suggestions. He's also much better looking.

This is the most ridiculous thing Ive ever heard of.

No way Wood is better looking than Trenners or Schache.

Heard a whisper that Bevo has announced to the group another debutant. Guy who told me said it is Sweet.
Sweet didn't fare too well against Goldstein in a pre-season game from memory, Goldy gave him the runaround. Let's hope Sweet has improved his ruck craft to at least restrict his dominance. Assuming he plays of course.

Sweet didn't fare too well against Goldstein in a pre-season game from memory, Goldy gave him the runaround. Let's hope Sweet has improved his ruck craft to at least restrict his dominance. Assuming he plays of course.

I watched that game live at Marvel. I thought Sweet held his own in the ruck and I was impressed with his performance. His kicking was surprisingly good too.

I watched that game live at Marvel. I thought Sweet held his own in the ruck and I was impressed with his performance. His kicking was surprisingly good too.
And he'd have to be better looking than Goldy, wouldn't he?

If we are debuting someone this week would it have been already announced? The club usually seem to release something the afternoon before teams come out?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was going to go to that game but thought at the time it’s only a practise match, prefer to go when the real stuff starts.

Yeah :(

Crazy move. English is massive for us around the ground and is immense in pushing back. no way i play him forward except for sure breathers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back