Preview Changes v Norths

Remove this Banner Ad

AJ for Thomas, maybe Pittard for Hartlett (depending on injury).

Need a ruck, or Goldstein will destroy us.

Watch us replace Hartlett with Toumpas.

With the ANZAC Day game on Wednesday who the hell else are we supposed to replace him with? It’s either Toumpas or somebody coming off of a three day break.

If the entire Essendon and Collingwood squads are expected to bounce back from an AFL game yesterday for this weekend, why can’t we play a couple of our guys?
If they can’t manage them leading up to Saturday, something is really wrong.

It’s probably too early due to the game being played yesterday...but I reckon Irra is exactly what we need to replace Hammer.

If the entire Essendon and Collingwood squads are expected to bounce back from an AFL game yesterday for this weekend, why can’t we play a couple of our guys?
If they can’t manage them leading up to Saturday, something is really wrong.

Essendon and Collingwood are getting a 4 day break (still not ideal) and they’ll be up against two teams who are coming off of a 5 day break themselves in a bit of AFL creative scheduling. Any of our boys would be getting a 3 day break coming up against a team coming off of 6 days.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With the ANZAC Day game on Wednesday who the hell else are we supposed to replace him with? It’s either Toumpas or somebody coming off of a three day break.
three day break it is
how many collingwood/Essendon will be coming off a 4 day break

if anything it buys Amon another week

Impossible to plan for an ACL at training on Thursday, but we've left ourselves with no choice but to go with Toumpas for Hartlett and Barry/Johnson for Thomas. I assume then plan was for both of those guys to replace Thomas and Amon, with Toump the travelling emergency. But 3 changes will be impossible unless we take an emergency who played SANFL and hope for the best - but if we're willing to do that, then we'd also be willing to play 1 player who did play SANFL.

I'm not saying it's the same thing (as it really is a far inferior level), but in my younger years I would play Amateur B's and then A's one after the other because our team was so shite and we were lacking numbers. In some cases I played better in the A's than I did in the B's.

3 days is fine for one or two players. It would be almost the same as a really tough training session after a bad team performance.

The problem would not be this game, it would be backing up for the westcoast game (they did have a long break leading into the sturt game), but by then there will be others to replace them.

Meh. This season is now a right off realistically. Hammer out, Rockliff and SPP still returning, Ryder not back for another 2 - 4 games (and will need a couple to get match it). I don't advocate tanking, but this is the time to play the younger players and the fringe players like Johnson, Barry etc. and for the former try to accelerate their development and the latter see which to keep on the list. Go 'Ken safe' to limp to just making or missing the finals is going to be of zero help for next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back