Preview Changes V Pies - Rd 3, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A thing to remember as well with team selections is that we don't know what a player's role is in a game or whether they met their assigned KPIs for the game or even if they are performing on the training track. As fans we have a pretty limited view of things.

Okay. Are they right about everything?

We're all allowed to have opinions, and sometimes those opinions are only tested when we can see them applied in practice. If we're just going to say the coaching staff are always right due to their superior knowledge and judgement, then there's little point discussing changes for the next game, and we should shut this thread down until the team is released.
I'm definitely in the camp that thinks the coaches don't get it right all the time. Occasionally they get it really wrong . Like anyone close to any business.

But I agree they're definitely in the best position to get it right . It's a footy club and you don't know what's happening internally. Sometimes they have too much faith in certain players and not enough in others . It's not an exact science. Their opinions are based on superior knowledge to what we have on a blog but they're vulnerable to the same prejudices and misconceptions of anyone else making choices on humans.

That's why we discuss it isn't it.

We play the Pies twice this year so ‘Worst Case Scenario’ if we have to play them down there this week?
Can this game become their home game and we play a home game at the Gabba in Round 22.
Maybe not great losing out on the Easter Thursday game, but we wouldn’t be missing out on a home game at the Gabba.
That would be a great outcome.
We would probably get just as many or more to the game .

If we are forced to stay in Melbourne, and play there Thursday, I reckon our boys will get in early and smash them. After being ripped off, and on top of last season's bubble doubts dominating the Melb media - bring it on.

I reckon they would prefer the MGC than Metricon.

Collingwood lobbying to swap around the venues for our round 3 and 22 clashes, if so we would have our last 4 games of the H&A season at the Gabba.

As much as I want the Easter Thursday match at the Gabba, I want this to happen. Hope the AFL accepts it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jeez this must be difficult for Lions players and staff stuck in Melbourne - one can only assume they have all only packed for a quick turnaround. What the hell happens re physio and rehab work and use of suitable facilities etc.

I would rather round swap than playing at Metricon. Other point also might be if there would be any disruptions to the crowds on a Thursday night game up here now too.

We could be in lockdown come tomorrow, match if played here could be played without fans. I don't want to miss out attending a match. Please swap round 22 AFL. Maybe next year we will get Easter Thursday at the Gabba.

To the people saying they want Thurs match to be down at the MCG, I understand where you're coming from but that's a big ******* NO from me. I'm looking forward to Thurs match and I don't want to watch it on TV.

Another thing, call me crazy but is it weird that the women's match against Collingwood was moved to Melbourne because of covid and now coming up to the men's match against the pies that might be too?

To the people saying they want Thurs match to be down at the MCG, I understand where you're coming from but that's a big ******* NO from me. I'm looking forward to Thurs match and I don't want to watch it on TV.

Another thing, call me crazy but is it weird that the women's match against Collingwood was moved to Melbourne because of covid and now coming up to the men's match against the pies that might be too?
If it’s not played in Melbourne, where do you believe it will be played?

In an empty Gabba or Empty Metricon?

If Brisbane is in lock down, and declared a hot spot, they are not letting any fans in to the Gabba.

And they won’t allow Brisbane fans to drive to the Gold Coast either.

Far better to swap the fixture around.

If it’s not played in Melbourne, where do you believe it will be played?

In an empty Gabba or Empty Metricon?

If Brisbane is in lock down, and declared a hot spot, they are not letting any fans in to the Gabba.

And they won’t allow Brisbane fans to drive to the Gold Coast either.

Far better to swap the fixture around.

People are talking Iike Brisbane is DEFINITELY going into lockdown. They need to calm their farms. Until it's a definite then people need to stop with the assumptions.

The one thing that worries me about playing in Melbourne this Thursday is what our options are for selecting players who aren't here yet because imo the reason we lost lost night was because of the team we selected and where we played them.

I'm sure they learnt from that but with two already likely injured we might be stuck with who we have.

People are talking Iike Brisbane is DEFINITELY going into lockdown. They need to calm their farms. Until it's a definite then people need to stop with the assumptions.
You do understand the word “if” right?

And you do understand the propensity of the AFL to jump at shadows in the current climate right?

The one thing that worries me about playing in Melbourne this Thursday is what our options are for selecting players who aren't here yet because imo the reason we lost lost night was because of the team we selected and where we played them.

I'm sure they learnt from that but with two already likely injured we might be stuck with who we have.
They can still fly players down and covid test them.

And you do understand the propensity of the AFL to jump at shadows in the current climate right?
True. The AFL will make a decision on the hop to ensure a match is played and that it's set in stone ASAP. They won't take a risk on what might or might not happen in Queensland.

Sure but I still want people to stop acting like the team are very likely to be playing in Melbourne. I realise Vic members and supporters would love to see the team live, and I don't begrudge people wanting that to happen but there has been no word that that is on the cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back