Preview Changes V Pies - Rd 3, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
All our players returned negative results. Don't see why Thurs match would be played in Melbourne.
Vic has not closed its borders to Qld so no reason for Collingwood not to play at the Gabba on thurs
I think it's more about the Collingwood players getting to fly back to Melbourne without having to go into quarantine because they have been in a pandemic hot zone.

One new linked case today and the party was a false alarm.

All pretty positive.
giphy.gif

Hi, forgive the intrusion. The other issue for Collingwood is if they travel up there and the Victorian officials upgrade Brisbane from an orange zone to a red zone then they may not be able to return to Victoria at all, which happened to Victorians earlier in the year when Sydney and Brisbane were designated red zones.

Hi, forgive the intrusion. The other issue for Collingwood is if they travel up there and the Victorian officials upgrade Brisbane from an orange zone to a red zone then they may not be able to return to Victoria at all, which happened to Victorians earlier in the year when Sydney and Brisbane were designated red zones.
I think that's what the consideration is, it would suck for the lions and wouldn't be great for them if they had to stay down there but their next 4 games are against Melbourne teams so it will be interesting what the afl decides

It wasn't a gathering of 25 people, it was a gathering of 5 that was mostly housemates.

And the linked case was someone who has already had it and recovered - so one step closer to finding the link to the PA hospital outbreak. Means a much better chance of discovering any undetected spread.

Gee that's unlike the media to exaggerate, embellish and scaremonger a story.
Actually it was the Queensland Health press release that had the incorrect figure, I believe. I think it was only when the police were checking up that they got the right figure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Actually it was the Queensland Health press release that had the incorrect figure, I believe. I think it was only when the police were checking up that they got the right figure.
Gee that's unlike Governments/Govt departments to exaggerate, embellish and scaremonger.

Have Queensland Health or similar organisations got many Covid reports wrong in the past though? Mistakes happen sometimes.

There was the controversy with the South Australian Pizza worker. Much murkier though with that one in terms of what actually happened.

One more night in Melbourne keeps both options open. If there is no new cases today and tomorrow then surely we are more likely to be allowed back to Bris and the Pies will probably have to come up here game day and fly home after the game.
Just had a look at the draw for the next few rounds, now that WA have put 14 day quarantine on persons from QLD or who have been in QLD. Lions don't play in Perth within the next couple of rounds but Collingwood does in round 5 on the Friday night, so that could be a factor regarding playing in QLD this Thursday night, Maybe Pies fly back to Melb straight after the GABBA game. My interpretation is Collingwood may not get into WA without quarantining because they have been in Brisbane within the 14 days (allowing for travel). Unless the AFL can get some type of exemption (bubble type situation) Assume Pies would arrive in Perth on the Thursday for the Friday night game and possibly fly back straight away.

Lets all hope no new community cases in the next few days, otherwise Lions very likely will stay in Melb: and play Collingwood. Then there is the issue a week later playing Bulldogs at Ballarat.

Also the issue of getting players down to cover injuries, or team selections etc etc, I think doable at this stage, as long as Lions players are tested and isolated whilst waiting the results, I think it meets the Vic govt new restrictions, but this is very fluid.

Bloody Chinese, conspiracy theory time...

See my post, re the Pies might not be able to get into Perth for their round 5 Firday night game against West Coast, because they would have been in Brissy within 14 days (allowing for travel etc) Have to possibly be a mini bubble to enter Perth, play and fly straight home

There will be far too much risk in sending the Pies up here. The Covid situation is still unfolding, and whilst it isn't likely to get any worse than this, or to be an actual outbreak, there is far too much knock on effect ramifications that can happen. Lions are already in Melbourne, they can easily swap the home game to the end of the year being we play the Pies twice.

It really does suck for anyone who has made plans, but we are still living in a Covid world and these kinds of things are still going to pop up and happen time to time. AFL has to ensure the competition isn't compromised this season, and the competition and clubs can get crowds in.

Goodluck getting a crowd to this game now if it stays in Brisbane. No one has any idea what's going on, and the possibility of masks and no advertisement will draw little people from Brisbane and zero people from interstate.

Goodluck getting a crowd to this game now if it stays in Brisbane. No one has any idea what's going on, and the possibility of masks and no advertisement will draw little people from Brisbane and zero people from interstate.
If it's on at the Gabba and the government allow me to go I'll be going.

Lol! You honestly think no one will go to this game?! You're clueless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back