Preview Changes v pies, Rd 4, 2019

Dec 29, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Obviously a disappointing game today and very tough game coming on Friday.

What I think will happen.

Out:
Richards - just isn’t working hard enough this year and is yet to nail down that forward position.

On notice:
Wood - I would drop him has been very poor just don’t see bev doing it.
Schache - only saved by his performance last week

In:
Jj- if fit straight in.

Doubt any of gowers or Dickson get dropped even though they have been poor because of their game against the hawks. We seem set on playing English alone doubt that changes.

What I would do:

Out:
Dickson
Richards
Wood

In:
JJ
Lippy
Greene

Martyn_30_

Club Legend
Sep 14, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Richards and English have struggled all season, Richards looks completely lost away from half back and English still can’t compete physically. It doesn’t really matter who comes in, this has all the hallmarks of a belting.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Substance

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 6, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
3 weeks ago I got hounded for what is now the majority opinion on Wood. Grow some balls and drop the captain. His form has declined for long enough.

Richards in the VFL. Doesn't do enough. Needs to gain form.

Schache was excellent vs the Hawks, this week he's straight on notice. That's how bad he was.

Dickson's time is up. Can't make the distance, can't kick accurately.

Cbf going through the whole team right now.

By the presser, English stays in and JJ is back in.
Hopefully Suckling is OK, reported that he broke his nose but played the game out

Doggies7

Premiership Player
Aug 31, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks Manchester City
Unsure who to drop at this stage but I think JJ and Bailey Williams come in. Two very nice ins IMO, Lipinski must be close too

Pugz89

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 29, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Realistically, I think two changes is all we'll make.
Out: Richards, Young (team balance).
In: JJ, Williams.

Edit: I also wouldn't be against Dickson going out, perhaps for Lipinski/Greene.

Wood really is on thin ice, 100% efficiency but it's what he's doing without the ball that's killing us.

Last edited:

Ash1337

Club Legend
Apr 11, 2009
Albany
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
A couple of questions:

1- Who can handle big Cox ?

2- Does Roughead have an obvious match up ?

3- How serious did the Bontempelli injury look ?

1. I feel the only matchup is young with cox. Just got to keep Cox from leading into the corridor and force him to the pockets. 1 of his biggest weaknesses is kicking from goal at a tight angle as he doesn't have the skills to snap around his body or kick a banana.

2. I didn't notice how well roughy went. He might be omitted. They lack leg speed out of defence now and he'll be the first dropped imo.

3. I heard he got a knee knock but didn't sound serious at all. He played out the game.

Ash1337

Club Legend
Apr 11, 2009
Albany
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
For my changes.
Richards might to go back to VFL to learn a few things.
Dickson might need to be managed.
Wood too also might need to be managed because that's the only thing bevo can do without it looking bad.
In's are probably JJ if ready, Roake, and maybe Lippy. Naughton will have to play back if Wood is a out.

Going have to persist with English as ruck. I just don't think Trengrove or Sweet will make much difference anyways next week. Nor if they kept Roughy or Campbell.

_M_16_

Premiership Player
Nov 26, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Liv FC, LA Rams, Pitt Pen, Michigan
JJ in for Richards probably my only straight up change at this point.

Would consider someone to held support English vs Grundy

Like to see Lipinski get a run, but hard to find another player who has been poor in all three games.

Lloyd and Gowers on form watch this week I reckon

Really keen for this game. Will be a real test so see how far we have come since the early to middle parts of last season. Get belted by 10 goals, and score around 60 points, then we haven't really closed the gap on the best teams since last season. Win, or go down competitively whilst kicking a solid score, then it shows we are on the right track. The Pies have one of the best midfields in the league, even if they are not overly quick and can be suspect kicks at times. If they get on top, they can really put the game away fast.

Bev is very set on this current lineup and won't make many changes. Perhaps Richards will be 'rested' but I'd be surprised if any other changes are made (barring injuries). Is this a good thing? Hell no, but we just don't have the quality depth to do otherwise. So, the probable scenario is: Out Richards. In JJ.
And may god have mercy on our souls.

Back