Preview Changes v pies, Rd 4, 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Cordy played on De Goey last year and did well. I'd match Young with Miachek and bring in Trengove to play on Cox.

De Goey, Elliott, Thomas and Sidebottom are all very dangerous forwards as they are great marks and very good kicks. Big test for our defenders this week.

JJ or Suckling may need to play on the wing (against Phillips and Sidebottom).

We're nearly $5 to win under 39 points. Um, yeah, I'll take that.

Absolutely. Collingwoods midfield is slow and they are not great defenders.

De Goey, Grundy and Treloar are stars but they have a lot of ageing players propping them up. If English can keep Grundy honest we are half way there.

Hi Bulldogs fans. You guys are underrated to the max. You guys must be pretty stoked. I like the Doggies; we once shared an Oval. I'm going to have a little tickle on you guys to beat the pies by over 15.5pts @ $7.50. I had you to beat the hawks by 15.5pts + .......... $5 I got. Turned the game off late in the 3rd qtr. You pulled off a miracle 😵
Bulldogs by 26pts but it could be 40+.

I think Richards will stay in,he will want to play well against Collingwood.
JJ in if fit.
Wood as captain won’t be dropped.

I’m struggling to see who will get cut. Hopefully not Bont.

JJ in if fit.

Tend to agree. I'd also like Williams in. And Richards move to halfback or wing. No idea who goes out tho if everyone is fit.

Dunkleys on thin ice. I love his strengths as a player but geez his disposal is an absolute liability. Im struggling to see a place for him at the moment. Either him or Lloyd out but against the Pies we really need to capitalize on the inside so Dunks gets another chance for mine. Just needs to throw his size around and stop them getting their hands on the ball on the inside. Thats our ticket to winning this game.

Honestly I think we match up well, if were on itll be a cracker.

Dunkley's disposal was so horrendous v GC that I'd drop him. There's no point in 25 disposals if you're a liability with the ball. Lipinski? Hayes? Dale? I love a debut so I'd give it to Hayes.

This game will be a shootout; both teams leave plenty of space to exploit on the wide, roaming plains of the MCG.

Billy Gowers is this week's whipping boy on here, but when he dropped deep at the weekend his kicks were way more accurate and creative that most of our mids. It was especially apparent when I moved down to level 1 for a bit. Our leading goalkicker from last year is a limited shithouse, apparently. BTW without runners how was he to know there were seconds left? He needed to kick that goal to give us any chance so don't hang him for that.

JJ in if fit.

Suckling broke his nose and still carrying an ankle niggle. Played well against the Suns but might be rested to get his niggles right.
JJ coming back in means we still have decent rebound ability from defence where Suckling plays (Suckers was tried as a defensive forward in JLT, was not good).

Roarke Smith after his amazing 4 Goals in the VFL, "I am itching to play the little Aaron role in the ones"
Might be recast and get his opportunity later this year as a defensive forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ABC radio reported that Bont was frustrated and hampered by his right leg. Hopefully it's a new minor niggle and not the dreaded hip. Wouldn't it be great if he could play a season without some sort of discomfort affecting him.

ABC radio reported that Bont was frustrated and hampered by his right leg. Hopefully it's a new minor niggle and not the dreaded hip. Wouldn't it be great if he could play a season without some sort of discomfort affecting him.
Post match reports stated he received a knee knock during the game.
It's an acute injury that shouldn't bother him too much.

Bulldogs’ burning question: Is this team a genuine top-eight contender?

From a win-loss ratio perspective to date, no doubt. But there’s a big area of concern, which almost brought them undone in the first two rounds then undid them in Round 3, they need to address quickly. According to Champion Data, the Bulldogs are ranked third for time in forward half differential (+8:17) — a healthy stat considering the nature of how modern-day footy is played. But the Dogs are really struggling to convert their territory dominance on the scoreboard, ranking 17th in the competition for scores per inside 50. If the Dogs can address that flaw, they’re more likely to push for finals.

Post match reports stated he received a knee knock during the game.
It's an acute injury that shouldn't bother him too much.

Took a knee to his upper calf late on in a collision against GC. Would have been a really good corkie, not “knee” related as such

Took a knee to his upper calf late on in a collision against GC. Would have been a really good corkie, not “knee” related as such
Hope that's all it amounts to. Lateral stress anywhere near the knee can cause low level ligament injuries that normally only need about 10 days rest. Playing through them before fully healed can lead to more serious damage if there's another blow in the same area.

I'm sure our medicos are all over it. I hope they would rule him out if there is any doubt or risk of serious aggravation.

Bulldogs’ burning question: Is this team a genuine top-eight contender?

From a win-loss ratio perspective to date, no doubt. But there’s a big area of concern, which almost brought them undone in the first two rounds then undid them in Round 3, they need to address quickly. According to Champion Data, the Bulldogs are ranked third for time in forward half differential (+8:17) — a healthy stat considering the nature of how modern-day footy is played. But the Dogs are really struggling to convert their territory dominance on the scoreboard, ranking 17th in the competition for scores per inside 50. If the Dogs can address that flaw, they’re more likely to push for finals.

This is Bevo's game plan and yes you should win more games than lose if you have forward half differential. Yet this is not always the case with us due to our game plan. Our back push up hard almost clogging up our mid/forwards for space. We rarely get easy over the top goals due to our pushing up. Conversely the opposition like GC did sit back wait for our mistake and if your a quick side score on the turnover. Its also the reason our forward 50 conversions aren't great.

Absolutely. Collingwoods midfield is slow and they are not great defenders.

De Goey, Grundy and Treloar are stars but they have a lot of ageing players propping them up. If English can keep Grundy honest we are half way there.

Their forward line is sexy af though. De Goey, Stephenson, Cox, Elliot, Mihocek etc. Man that's going to be hard to contain even if we smash them in the middle.

This is Bevo's game plan and yes you should win more games than lose if you have forward half differential. Yet this is not always the case with us due to our game plan. Our back push up hard almost clogging up our mid/forwards for space. We rarely get easy over the top goals due to our pushing up. Conversely the opposition like GC did sit back wait for our mistake and if your a quick side score on the turnover. Its also the reason our forward 50 conversions aren't great.

When we force a turnover on defence we actually look really dangerous with our slick hands through the middle and most of our forwards being good one on one players. But like you said it doesnt happen to much because of our high fwd 50 differential. Also were prone to those turn over fast break goals because we have too many players who just constantly miss easy kicks.

Maybe we'd be better off playing a style more like GC did on the weekend, flooding the backline which means our undersized backline would cope better and we can can get them on the rebound with our run off half back and slick hands ball movement?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back