Preview Changes v pies, Rd 4, 2019

When we force a turnover on defence we actually look really dangerous with our slick hands through the middle and most of our forwards being good one on one players. But like you said it doesnt happen to much because of our high fwd 50 differential. Also were prone to those turn over fast break goals because we have too many players who just constantly miss easy kicks.

Maybe we'd be better off playing a style more like GC did on the weekend, flooding the backline which means our undersized backline would cope better and we can can get them on the rebound with our run off half back and slick hands ball movement?
I'd like to think that even if we don't quite have the cattle or the experience yet we're developing a game style that will (a) be attractive to watch (b) win us lots of games during the season, and (c) stand up to the grind of the finals.

I think reverting to a defensive flood fails (a) and doesn't do much for (b). I don't know if we currently have a solution to (c) but a simple flood won't cut it in my opinion.

SirBont

All Australian
Apr 2, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Some How English keeps his spot how long is his contract worth I do think he should be looked at and try and land another ruckman I know they take time but it is his third year and struggle to see him fit

Draft Pick

Cancelled
Jun 17, 2004
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Western Bulldogs
Some How English keeps his spot how long is his contract worth I do think he should be looked at and try and land another ruckman I know they take time but it is his third year and struggle to see him fit
Good joke:thumbsu:

Bald

Premium Gold
Apr 5, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
Obvious troll is obvious. Go away.

Oct 19, 2012
Minas Morgul
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Happy to go small. Young was unlucky but it seems to me we will run and carry and take them on. That’s the bulldog way. Especially on the MCG with all the space.

Regardless of whether we have a small or tall backline, Cox will chew us up if we don’t fill the holes and fail to prevent clean entries.

Looking for some goal scoring contribution from our mids.

SirBont

All Australian
Apr 2, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I am not trolling mate I am full bung supporter mate I watch every dam game every second lose or not I can take it his no good mate

WallyStringhaus

Club Legend
Aug 27, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Post match reports stated he received a knee knock during the game.
It's an acute injury that shouldn't bother him too much.
Screenshot_20190411-183556.png

Some really heavy strapping in Rnd 1 on the right knee...perhaps there is more to it?

A logical change.

Other than the lanky yank, Collingwood do not posses a particularly tall forward line with Brody Mihocek being the next tallest at 1.92 m.

However thats where their strength lays.

ringa5

CRAZY HORSE
Jun 1, 2009
goldcoast
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
For all the English doubters
This troll should put in perspective,just how he is valued outside of the club.
And thats why we play him .He is an asset.

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2005
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I can't tell which English you dislike more...

Braybrook Son

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 4, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
What makes people think Greene can bring anything to the table? Has looked lost every time I have seen him play. Lipinksi not too dissimilar.
Lost? There was a game late last year where he had several shots at goal. That is more than Lloyd and Gowers currently give us, he is also that medium/tall forward that we haven’t currently got in our side. We had Crameri and Stringer in 2015. We’ve got two talls in Schache and Naughton, then smalls in Gowers, Lloyd, Dickson, McLean.

Back