Preview Changes v pies, Rd 4, 2019

SirBont

All Australian
Apr 2, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Lost? There was a game late last year where he had several shots at goal. That is more than Lloyd and Gowers currently give us, he is also that medium/tall forward that we haven’t currently got in our side. We had Crameri and Stringer in 2015. We’ve got two talls in Schache and Naughton, then smalls in Gowers, Lloyd, Dickson, McLean.
Against North 1-4 I think

Lost? There was a game late last year where he had several shots at goal. That is more than Lloyd and Gowers currently give us ...
I have plenty of time for Greene and think he could become a 30-40 goal forward if he continues to improve and fills out a bit.

However what rustles my jimmies is people spouting unsubstantiated stuff when they want to argue their point.

What you're saying about Lloyd and Gowers simply isn't true, especially if you allow for the fact that the one game (out of 3) where Lloyd failed to have three scoring shots for us was when he was played in defence.

Anyway there might be room for all three of them in the side eventually, so it doesn't have to be one or the other.

But right now Gowers is way more productive than Greene.

Braybrook Son

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 4, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I have plenty of time for Greene and think he could become a 30-40 goal forward if he continues to improve and fills out a bit.

However what rustles my jimmies is people spouting unsubstantiated stuff when they want to argue their point.

What you're saying about Lloyd and Gowers simply isn't true, especially if you allow for the fact that the one game (out of 3) where Lloyd failed to have three scoring shots for us was when he was played in defence.

Anyway there might be room for all three of them in the side eventually, so it doesn't have to be one or the other.

But right now Gowers is way more productive than Greene.
I agree. But what gets me, is we didn’t even play Greene in the JLT games, yet we played Hayes. Scratching my head at some of the club’s decisions lately

TMoney22

Premiership Player
Sep 15, 2010
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Utah Jazz, San Jose Sharks
there was a time when the Pies played Grundy when he wasn't ready, he didnt have the experience and strength. But they persisted and now look at him. I see English in that position right now. He just needs to play as much as possible and we take the hit in the ruck this year and maybe next until he's ready. Anyone else available to us will get beat anyway. I'd much rather see English play than Roughy if we kept him. Our rucking before this year have been the worst for years so there is no different.

I'd be putting more pressure on our 2nd tier on ballers to step up and win a game rather than leaving it to Macrae and Bont

Doggies7

Premiership Player
Aug 31, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks Manchester City
I remember people laughing at how bad Dean Cox was. How bad Max Gawn was. How bad Mcevoy was. ETC ETC ETC

Rucks take time and games / experience to improve.

English hasn't been great yet, but he has been competing ok, giving us something around the stoppages with his tackling and good hands, and is only going to get better. He will improve so much being the #1 ruck and we will reap the benefits from it down the track when he is a star, or at worst IMO an above average, athletic ruck.

He won't improve nearly as much if we just give up on him after 3 average weeks and play Trengove for the rest of the season. Happy for him to go back and have a spell in the VFL, or rest at times through the year, but sticking with him is the smart thing to do for where our list is at.

Grundy is going to destroy English, can’t believe we are only going to be able to give him a chop out with Schache who will be dominated just as much.

English has looked knackered halfway through games, it’s good to get games into him but attempting a matchup would be good...

perro_loco

Club Legend
Apr 10, 2016
Western Suburbs
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Boca Juniors
Bulldogs’ burning question: Is this team a genuine top-eight contender?

From a win-loss ratio perspective to date, no doubt. But there’s a big area of concern, which almost brought them undone in the first two rounds then undid them in Round 3, they need to address quickly. According to Champion Data, the Bulldogs are ranked third for time in forward half differential (+8:17) — a healthy stat considering the nature of how modern-day footy is played. But the Dogs are really struggling to convert their territory dominance on the scoreboard, ranking 17th in the competition for scores per inside 50. If the Dogs can address that flaw, they’re more likely to push for finals.
likely win is my hunch. how much by do not like to predict but will be a keen watcher from clark, in the philippines

_M_16_

Premiership Player
Nov 26, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Liv FC, LA Rams, Pitt Pen, Michigan
I hope we win the free kick count

Nah, I rather lose the free kick count by 30, win the game by 60, that way we can stick it to the Swans fans even more about free kick differential "costing games"

Apr 4, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
Lost? There was a game late last year where he had several shots at goal. That is more than Lloyd and Gowers currently give us, he is also that medium/tall forward that we haven’t currently got in our side. We had Crameri and Stringer in 2015. We’ve got two talls in Schache and Naughton, then smalls in Gowers, Lloyd, Dickson, McLean.

Medium/Tall is a bit of a stretch. He's 187, same as Gowers but Bill has 12kg on him if the list is accurate.

Golden_6

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 15, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
I like the change. Cordy to Cox and Wood to Mihocek. Slightly undersized but Pies have a lot of dangerous smalls which requires a smaller defence.

Matchups for me:
Cordy > Cox
Wood > Mihocek
Crozier > De Goey
Duryea > Elliot
Daniel/Suckling/JJ > Thomas/Varcoe/Stephenson/Resting Mid

BRWB

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts The Cult of Robbo
Oct 7, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Interesting to see varco back. Would not be surprised to see him clamping Daniel or even JJ.

Back