Changes v pies

Remove this Banner Ad

Get Lewis Young in and play him for rest of the year HE DESERVES IT. his form at VFL warrants it and we are crying out for a player down back.
Poor guy gets ONE game and wasn't even terrible. Dropped
Everyone else gets a few games, even when super s**t for a few weeks in a row
Reckon he broke Bevos surfboard or something, seems he is treated differently to the rest
Put him in and leave him for 4-5 weeks. We are not making or contending the finals.
See what he can show for the future, let him build confidence. Lewis strikes me as a confidence player

OUT: Liberatore, Gardner, Cordy, Dale
IN: West, Young, Duryea, Schache

FB: Wood - Trengove - Crozier
HB: Johannisen - Young - Daniel
C: Hunter - Bontempelli - Suckling
HF: Smith - Schache - Lipinski
FF: Lloyd - Naughton - Dickson
R: English - Dunkley - Macrae
IC: Duryea - McLean - Williams - West

Bev having a full list to choose from this year has demonstrated what the “versatility” mantra looks like when unimpeded and it has been an underwhelming mess of constantly changing strategy/structures and individual player roles.

With the likely in/outs this week we’ll probably have a very different look again, with players being swung into yet different roles.

Gardner out. If he plays over schache ever again questions need to be asked.

Lewis young to chb as well or chf.

Not sure of the outs yet but I havent seen a worse game than gardner

Out:
Gardner - just don’t see it but watch Beveridge be stubborn and keep playing him.
Dale - useless, thought he could be a good player but does nothing without the ball not a single defensive bone in his body.
Williams - just not performing, hasn’t reached the heights of last year and duryea is ready.
Libba - injured.

Lucky: Cordy has been woeful for a few weeks but this week should give him the perfect match up on miochek if he struggles again I hate to think what excuses will be used.

In:
Schache - have seen more than Gardner offers, uses the ball well and is a good set shot. 16 touches 8 marks 4 tackles and 2.2 is enough to come in.
Lewis young - give him the last half of the year as a key defender, we aren’t making finals and have a chance to find out what he’s got. Has been bossing the vfl all year.
Duryea - just plays off his vfl game and adds experience to the team.
Richards - time to bring him back in worked hard yesterday, which his 8 tackles shows.

Unlucky:west (close but not quite ready)

B: duryea young crozier
Hb: jj Cordy Daniel
C : lipinski Bont hunter
Hf: Lloyd Schache McLean
F: Dickson Naughton English
R: Trengove Dunkley Macrae
Int: wood suckling smith Richards

From Beveridge press conference expect Gardner to stay in. Said his still finding his way and learning to compete at the level. Also said none of our talls at vfl level have shown form *cough* lewy young *cough*

Mmmm fair enough but does Schache get the same breaks given he has more talent ?

Gardiner was extremely average last night, vfl player at best

It will be interesting to see if Dale gets the same breaks given his poor game. Apart from 2 years of injuries he at least has shown top end talent

In Schache and Duryea

Out Libba and Gardiner

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mmmm fair enough but does Schache get the same breaks given he has more talent ?

Gardiner was extremely average last night, vfl player at best

It will be interesting to see if Dale gets the same breaks given his poor game. Apart from 2 years of injuries he at least has shown top end talent

In Schache and Duryea

Out Libba and Gardiner

I think Gardner should be learning the craft and what it takes at vfl level, I haven’t seen anything to show me he’s ready but we all know how stubborn Beveridge is.
I think dales lack of defensive effort and desire for a contest is why he won’t make it. He seems like a cream on top type of player that will complement a good team going well but go missing when it’s tough.

I guarantee no player other than probably gowers will get the same leeway as Gardner because they are both beveridges babies.

Will be interesting as in that personable last night Gardner and dale cannot play next week.

Could bring in one of Schache or Lewy shuffle Gardener back to a defensive post. If Bevo wanted to give him another shot

Outs: Gardner, Libba (praying his knee is ok)
In: schache, young

Timmy and Lewis young

Who do we drop for duyrea? I'd rather keep Bailey William's in the team to see if he can round back into form. Duyrea experience and ball use will be Important

Gardner should never play an AFL game again. Sorry, just not up to it.. Logically, it should be Gardner our for Schache, but the selection committee are that arrogant they will Probably play him for the rest of the year, or drop him for Gowers probably...

Bailey Dale straight back to the Magoo's for well..... anyone. (Lewis Young?) Same with Bailey Williams.

The Caleb Daniel pin pointing passes in the backline expirerment has failed and needs to stop. It's embarrassing now... He's costing us heaps of goals and momentum swings.. He needs needs to be played up the ground. Bring in Dureya...

From Beveridge press conference expect Gardner to stay in. Said his still finding his way and learning to compete at the level. Also said none of our talls at vfl level have shown form *cough* lewy young *cough*

Straight out of the Dean Bailey book of coaching.
IMG_1241.JPG

Out:
Gardner - just don’t see it but watch Beveridge be stubborn and keep playing him.
Dale - useless, thought he could be a good player but does nothing without the ball not a single defensive bone in his body.
Williams - just not performing, hasn’t reached the heights of last year and duryea is ready.
Libba - injured.

Lucky: Cordy has been woeful for a few weeks but this week should give him the perfect match up on miochek if he struggles again I hate to think what excuses will be used.

In:
Schache - have seen more than Gardner offers, uses the ball well and is a good set shot. 16 touches 8 marks 4 tackles and 2.2 is enough to come in.
Lewis young - give him the last half of the year as a key defender, we aren’t making finals and have a chance to find out what he’s got. Has been bossing the vfl all year.
Duryea - just plays off his vfl game and adds experience to the team.
Richards - time to bring him back in worked hard yesterday, which his 8 tackles shows.

Unlucky:west (close but not quite ready)

B: duryea young crozier
Hb: jj Cordy Daniel
C : lipinski Bont hunter
Hf: Lloyd Schache McLean
F: Dickson Naughton English
R: Trengove Dunkley Macrae
Int: wood suckling smith Richards

This is the most logical team selection for next week but given Bevs selection policy this season it will more likely be"

Out Lipinski In Hayes
Out Libba (inj) In R Smith

The more complicated selection has become.
The further we have departed from cohesion.
It is reminding me of Terry Wallace and his last years at the moment.
In Schache and Lewis Young and West
Out what others have already said....

I want to see lewis young in, and for the coaches to find a way to split english's ruck time with trengrove.
Play English forward and Trengrove back when they're not rucking

Legit question. What’s Gardner’s ceiling? If everything broke right for him?

He looks to have no clue as a forward, but even less as a ruckman. If the drink rucks him this week against cox, let alone Grundy........

At most a 1 goal a game low possession (under 10 touches) third tall forward who can’t ruck and after 3 years with Geelong still gets pushed out of contests like a first year player.

Whilst we have Schache who averages a goal a game and has upside and young who has upside above that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back