Changes v pies

Remove this Banner Ad

Trengrove can't play back this week. Must play 2nd ruck from the forward line or bench. English resting deep forward

I’d start Trengove in the ruck bash into Grundy early and then move English in there to work Grundy athletically and try to over work him, it’s a tough ask as Grundy is an outstanding ruck but it’s something worth trying

Someone tell me Gardner is better than Schache. I ******* dare you.

Gardner is s**t, looked s**t at vfl level and is s**t at afl level, should have never picked him up. Play Schache ffs.

Schache, Red and Dureya need to come in.

Shane Loveless was a bloody good footballer, listing him with spuds is laughable. You don’t kick 8 goals twice in a season for a bottom club by accident, was unlucky we recruited Beasley. 72 goals in 28 games in an era when we were crap is a fair return.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/loveless-reprises-record-in-comeback-20020701-gducn7.html

Also Hart was a sh1t coach, but he was on the right track culling some of the deadwood when he arrived. Hampshire and to a lesser degree Malthouse benefited from some of the youth that were given opportunities. Unfortunately he also replaced some of the deadwood with hacks from other clubs as well - Atkinson, Hickmott, Towns, partly through necessity of bringing in experience, but their careers were effectively over before they played for us.

Bev has favourites and it is a big problem. If Gardiner keeps his place ahead of Schache, Young or even Roberts it is a joke. I don’t rate Roberts but he would provide a hell lot more than Gardiner. Just insane selection policy. Does not appear to have the attributes to be competitive. Schache runs to the right places, is a smart player who usually makes good decisions. Yes he need some more agreession but some of Gardiner efforts last night were embarrassing and far worse than anything Schumacher has served up. One rule for Gowers and Co and another rule for others.

So I guess Gowers straight back in and Lipinski out.

On a positive note our midfield is getting deep. Starting brigade of Bontempelli, Liberatore and Macrae with the second lot Dunkley, Smith, Lipinski. Imagine that in 2 seasons time!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

We aren't dropping Toby guys. He was my favourite player at points last year.

If anything, with Libba down Toby goes into the mid where he played really good footy last year.

He played a fair bit of mid this game (not a lot, but a fair bit) and besides one good play he didn't look like much. Could be that he needs to work into it a bit more but I think he's just having a bad year no matter where you stick him.

I do not think there has been to many weaker talls that what we line up with each week in the history of the game. Ok the game has changed a lot and fewer talls are required but you still need 2 forwards and ruckman and 2 defenders.

It is not like this season is surprise for us supporters it was obvious. Last season we had quantity and not quality this season we have neither quantity or quality. We lost Tommy Boyd but this was not a surprise.

Good on Ryan Gardner for getting 2 games but he is a million miles away.

Aaron Naughton will be really good as a defender but he is in second year and being played out position
Tim English will be good but being asked to play beyond is years and he has been good in some games and smashed in others
Trengove is a battler but has been ok since he came in but his kicking is a problem
Schache is just plain disappointing
Cordy is to light and gives away to may frees because of this
Lewis Young like Cordy is to light
Roberts just a battler
Sweet is project player

That is it for talls. I am a Luke fan but this problem possibly is a result of Luke's under rating the value of talls. This must change in the next trade/draft we must have more focus on our talls.

Changes this week Out Gardner, Libba, Dale, Dickson Lucky Mclean, Williams, Cordy

In Schache and Lewis Young ( no alternative), West/Wallis if fit, Cavarra

Last edited:
Gardner out. If he plays over schache ever again questions need to be asked.

Lewis young to chb as well or chf.

Not sure of the outs yet but I havent seen a worse game than gardner
The sad thing is, Bailey Dale gave him a run for his money in the very same game. Both need to be dropped, and this may end up marking the end of Dales time at the Bulldogs

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out

Williams - p!ss off and don’t come back
Dale - as above
Gardner - who thought this bloke was up to it ???????
Dicko - cooked
Libba - I’m concerned it may be more

In

Duryea
Richards
Sweet
West
Flip a coin

Then move Naughts to the backline where he belongs (oh that’s right he had one good game forward so is the next Carey to some of you)

Get f@cking Caleb Daniel out of the backline. Did any of you see his ball use last night up around the midfield? The only bloke that didn’t kiss a target moving forward and up there he doesn’t cost us 2-3 goals a game. He is ranked 4th in the whole league in turnover points against. Oh and add to that the 2-3 Suckers kicked in and hit a man 50-60 out not 20-30 that Daniel does. F@cking over it

And replacing Gardner with Schache is pointless. Both have the intensity of a chip and both are deadset useless. Two massive flops that you can already call failed picks/trades. Rather see Sweet or either Young get a crack

Last edited:
Mclean looks like he has op.
Something tells me something's not quite right too. He fumbles a lot at ground level and runs like a bow-legged old man. Hopefully, it's not just a form decline and that there is a temporary medical reason for his reduced output.

Sweet hasn't got an AFL tank yet but right now English is our best no 2 forward, we simply have to find a way to get him there more. Do we roll the dice with Sweet even if he is raw and give him 50% ruck time?

We have no other defensive option to take Mason Cox other than Trengove who beat McKay last night.

Duryea simply has to come in.

Out - Dale, Gardner, Libba

In - Sweet, Duryea, Richards

Dickson on thin ice. I don't think Gowers is fit.

Shane Loveless was a bloody good footballer, listing him with spuds is laughable. You don’t kick 8 goals twice in a season for a bottom club by accident, was unlucky we recruited Beasley. 72 goals in 28 games in an era when we were crap is a fair return.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/loveless-reprises-record-in-comeback-20020701-gducn7.html

Also Hart was a sh1t coach, but he was on the right track culling some of the deadwood when he arrived. Hampshire and to a lesser degree Malthouse benefited from some of the youth that were given opportunities. Unfortunately he also replaced some of the deadwood with hacks from other clubs as well - Atkinson, Hickmott, Towns, partly through necessity of bringing in experience, but their careers were effectively over before they played for us.

Agree on big Shane, although his form was inconstant, when he was on, he was unstoppable and worth just going to the game to watch. Still remember the game against Carlton at the Western Oval when he took Bruce Doull apart as well as removing his precious head band and starting a fight which he easily won. If he had've had the motivation to play the game at the highest level he would've ended his career as one of our best full forwards of all time.

Something tells me something's not quite right too. He fumbles a lot at ground level and runs like a bow-legged old man. Hopefully, it's not just a form decline and that there is a temporary medical reason for his reduced output.

No depth in his kicking and no explosiveness in his movement at all.

Out - Gardner
In - Schache

Out - dale
In - west

Out - Dickson
In - Richards

Out - Cordy
In - Young.

I love Cordy, but I’ve run out of excuses for him.

Dickson is legit cooked. I’m assuming/hoping libba is ok.

Gardner moves into the top 5 all time for guys that least look like AFL players, along with guys like Zeph Skinner and Ed Barlow.

FB: Wood Trengove crozier
HB: JJ Young Williams
C: Richards Macrae Hunter
HF: McLean Schache Lloyd
FF: West Naughton Lipinski
R: English Bonti Dunkley
IC: libba, lipinski, Daniel, suckling.

What happened to Bailey Smith? Otherwise, agree except for Cordy. How about Coolabah Williams for Lewis Young with Crody going to a BP and big Woody or the Croz going to HBF?

We aren't dropping Toby guys. He was my favourite player at points last year.

If anything, with Libba down Toby goes into the mid where he played really good footy last year.

McLean has been playing s**t all year and should be dropped. Can't believe all you dudensteins going after a hard working decent player like Cordy and remaining silent on that bludger McLean.

I’d replace Libba with West and drop Dale for Lewis Young.

I’d play Lewis Young back, potentially swapping with Naughton forward.

Gardiner needs another game but is close to being dropped. I’d play McKean in the middle replacing Libba, swapping with Lippy.

When Naughton is back I’d chop English out in the ruck with Trengove and only ruck Gardiner/Lewis Young in the forward half.

Cordy, Dickson, and especially Williams should be on notice.... lift or back to the magoos.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

OUT: Gardner, Dale, Liberatore
IN: Lewis Young, Schache, Duryea

Caleb Daniel into the mid-field

Definately. Caleb does not have enough penetration in his kicking. This was highlighted last night during the last-quarter, when he lost possession at half-back while buggerising-around looking for the best option to launch the attack. This cost us a goal and kick-started a comeback which almost cost us the game! That being said, he was highly effective during the game while taking part in attacking passsages through the mid-field. I'd suggest playing him on the wing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back