Changes v Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
i leave as is.
Not sure why the wanting to drop William he gets the ball and tries his guts out disposal is questionable. I say leave him.
I thought maybe Keays although seems to be doing the job asked.
Hammelman doing well leave him.

Really who is knocking on the door. Rather green then Taylor.
Although Jansen would not mind back in but who gets the chop. Not saying a few players not playing 100% although maybe go unchanged .

Reward the players for the win - keep them as is unless something comes up I think.

I agree for the most part- I just personally don't think William played well enough to keep his spot, and having someone like Robertson in place of him would improve us as a side.

I think it is clear that Williams and Hammelman are probably too raw at this point which is understandable. With that said, I didn't notice Hammelman looking out of place so I'm happy for him to stay in the side but I think now that Williams has had a taste I would send him back to work on a few things. He seems like he could be a solid player once he fills out. I hope he gains size over the preseason.

I think it is clear that Williams and Hammelman are probably too raw at this point which is understandable. With that said, I didn't notice Hammelman looking out of place so I'm happy for him to stay in the side but I think now that Williams has had a taste I would send him back to work on a few things. He seems like he could be a solid player once he fills out. I hope he gains size over the preseason.

Hammer was on Brown for most of the day, and did a fairly good job I thought.

Port are pretty quick, I would be leaving William in. I thought Hammer went OK too, if both these guys finish the season with 5 or 6 games under their belt they would be ahead of schedule. I would like to see Robertson back in, but cant think who would be the logical out, maybe one of the talls.

Keyes needs to go back get some touches, Jansen in he is bigger, stronger and better hands. Harder match up for opposition and good kick for goal.

I hope he doesn't go too nuts.

Screen Shot 2016-07-25 at 1.27.57 PM.png

Drop Rocky, his touches were meaningless......Nah,just wanted to be the first idiot to suggest it.
Not sure who to take out,but I want to see Jansen come back in. Dawson didn't do a lot,but it was still probably one of his better games so I'd hate to stop his progress.

Drop Rocky, his touches were meaningless......Nah,just wanted to be the first idiot to suggest it.
Not sure who to take out,but I want to see Jansen come back in. Dawson didn't do a lot,but it was still probably one of his better games so I'd hate to stop his progress.
13 touches, 6 marks, 2 goals. Reckon he did enough.;)

Yep two goals a game from a third tall is enough, could of had more too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was pretty surprised with how well Dawson went. Had a slow start to the season but picked it up yesterday. His mark over the top of the essendon player was a "holy sh*t" moment for me.

13 touches, 6 marks, 2 goals. Reckon he did enough.;)
Like I said I still think it was one of his better games and I don't want to stop his momentum. Kicked a couple of goals,but still looked a bit lost and off the pace. Not advocating dropping him,just meant he'd maybe be the one to miss out if Jansen were to come back in. Most of the mids looked good yesterday

We are 100% going to win on Saturday. Never been more confident in my life.

6 day breaks for both sides but Port coming off a loss, in the wet and with their finals hopes in tatters! No chance!

We are 100% going to win on Saturday. Never been more confident in my life.

6 day breaks for both sides but Port coming off a loss, in the wet and with their finals hopes in tatters! No chance!
Haha, Don Rickles over here. I'm trying not to get too much optimism out of beating Essendon just yet ;)

Speed is only good if you don't fumble. Hipwoods ability to pick the ball up at pace was incredible. William just too raw for mine and got caught out 1 on 1 way too many times.

Speed is only good if you don't fumble. Hipwoods ability to pick the ball up at pace was incredible. William just too raw for mine and got caught out 1 on 1 way too many times.
I'd like to see him persisted with to gain confidence,but I will say he does need to improve his positioning and how much space he gives his opponent

Keyes needs to go back get some touches, Jansen in he is bigger, stronger and better hands. Harder match up for opposition and good kick for goal.
Jansen stupidly was not played in the reserves,was really poor when dropped and needs to go back and get30 possessions.We badly need another fast,tackling small forward. Keays is not the answer hence Cutler was played forward to try and cover this problem.

Jansen stupidly was not played in the reserves,was really poor when dropped and needs to go back and get30 possessions.We badly need another fast,tackling small forward. Keays is not the answer hence Cutler was played forward to try and cover this problem.

Traveling emergency wasn't he?

I know people want to give Robbo one last chance although maybe he is just another Lisle :(
Last game he played in seniors I say was worse then William's game on Sunday.
Although I mentioned this before I like to see players get 2-3 in a row to find their feet not one in and back out not like we ever going to make finals this year so it should be all about developing. I leave Hammelman there as well for at least another week.
Like to get a game into Close, Skinner, Clayton as well. And Lester/Paine what do you do with them.
Then you have Evans and Freeman as well.
Problem is no one really dominating NEAFL and honestly there are a lot of seniors that do one good thing and one silly one :) So who do you drop?

Saying that pretty sure Walker will be dropped again :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back