Unofficial Preview Changes v Port Adelaide?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone ever seen Chris Fagan choose a team after a good win?

Have a nice night.

Pretty much this. I don't think any of our players really deserve to get dropped - Oscar, McStay and Gardiner did not play well but I expect they will all keep their spots (even though I think McStay is a borderline selection at the moment). I think it's important to build confidence for some of our new guys and to build familiarity as much as possible.

Plenty of options for Zorko's spot - hard to say exactly who without more information about the reserves' performance. Also if Martin is ready he comes in for Archie.

No love for Ah Chee. Disappointing really he was good and his work at the contest is very good putting his head over the ball should not be questioned. Won’t be dropped.

The only change for me will be Zorko or any other unknown injuries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No love for Ah Chee. Disappointing really he was good and his work at the contest is very good putting his head over the ball should not be questioned. Won’t be dropped.

The only change for me will be Zorko or any other unknown injuries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Re unknown injuries - anyone notice Charlie quickly take his boot off at the end of the game and feel for his foot?

Re unknown injuries - anyone notice Charlie quickly take his boot off at the end of the game and feel for his foot?
Yes, I also noticed (IIRC in the 3rd quarter) that he was in a contest and came out limping and was looking to come off but couldn't, I kept an eye on him and he seemed to shake it off and played on fine, sometimes while your all hyped up and hot while playing you can play on with an injury, hopefully no injury there when he cooled down after the game.

I wonder how McFadyen is going this season...I would expect Terry to replace Zorkz as we need pace.

As with most Big Footy musings they are all IMO or what I would like done and not what I think the coach will do posts.
Precisely.

I suspect the only will change will be Zorko out for whoever wants the coach / selection committee wants in (and / or if Martin was ready to come in and Smith would be the obvious out).

As you said, that of course doesn't mean we can't put forward which players we'd like in the team at the expense of others i.e. I just don't rate Ah Chee and Ellis-Yolman at all and would have Answerth / Witherden and Mathieron ahead of them every day of the week, but I don't expect the coach shares me view, which of course is fine too.

If Martin ready give him one more week :) I like Ballenden to get a game cannot see it happening.
Be one change
Zorko out and ????? in.
Not seeing the scratch matches no idea who comes in I would off thought T Berry made way for Zorko so swap.
If Bundy playing well another choice. or Dev, E Smith etc or move Ah Chee up for Witho/Answerth

Not sure what match everyone watched although Ah Chee and CEY played well.
Like McStay a few want them gone.. So one bad handball and he is out.

I think we have been carrying too many mids in recent weeks and we have been poorer for it with too many changes during games and too many trying to do the same thing. We were better in this game when Berry got more of an opportunity through the middle and Bailey got more of an opportunity to get up and down the ground.

For me therefore I would be bringing in Coleman for Zorko. He is a true forward flanker who is not going to get in the road of others and can actually kick a goal. He gets into space nicely and his delivery into forward 50 is also excellent.

We saw again on the weekend how Gardner has trouble handling true key position players. With Port being quite tall I think we have to bring in another tall defender. Give Payne or Eagles a game and see what they can do. I would go with a one ruck option for this game to make room.

Ah Chee was better this game but still made a few poor decisions. You probably give him another based on the improvement but for me I am not seeing that he offers anything more than quite a few other options we have and the mistakes may cost us at important times. Birchall makes a few nice kicks each game but realistically is a bit of a liability at the back as well and should be another on the watch list.

Yes, I also noticed (IIRC in the 3rd quarter) that he was in a contest and came out limping and was looking to come off but couldn't, I kept an eye on him and he seemed to shake it off and played on fine, sometimes while your all hyped up and hot while playing you can play on with an injury, hopefully no injury there when he cooled down after the game.

Just on that, is it me or has he lost a yard of pace since the season re-start? Two weeks in a row he has been goal side of the defender with the ball and he hasn't been able to break away. Think it was schoefield (eagles) and can't remember the crows player yesterday.

Perhaps he's carrying a foot niggle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Naturally if Stef is fit, he'll undoubtedly come in for Archie but if not, I think Fages will leave the ruck alone rather than experiment with a part timer or a first gamer.

Maybe some other time but not against Port.
He had the chance to do it against the Crows and didn't. If not against the best team in the comp and not against the worst team either, then when?

He had the chance to do it against the Crows and didn't. If not against the best team in the comp and not against the worst team either, then when?
Probably a fair point, in a short season there never seems to be a good time. But then at the end of the year not enough players have experience

Personally I wouldnt think we would make many changes off a winning team. Really only injuries or matchups should change things.
Zorko out, Bailey into his role and then one of Terry, Ely, Dev, Bundy or Coleman in (too hard to know who is playing well)
Maybe an extra tall in for Dixon and Westoff being a very tall combo (I'd take Birchall out first from what i have seen). Gardiner seems better suited to the medium talls (played on Darling and Tex the last few while Andrews takes the giants)
If Martin is fit then straight in but could see someone in for Smith, he hasnt been great. Skinner, Ballenden or Fullerton

Already that seems too many changes at once

Probably a fair point, in a short season there never seems to be a good time. But then at the end of the year not enough players have experience

Personally I wouldnt think we would make many changes off a winning team. Really only injuries or matchups should change things.
Zorko out, Bailey into his role and then one of Terry, Ely, Dev, Bundy or Coleman in (too hard to know who is playing well)
Maybe an extra tall in for Dixon and Westoff being a very tall combo (I'd take Birchall out first from what i have seen). Gardiner seems better suited to the medium talls (played on Darling and Tex the last few while Andrews takes the giants)
If Martin is fit then straight in but could see someone in for Smith, he hasnt been great. Skinner, Ballenden or Fullerton

Already that seems too many changes at once

Port have 3 tall forwards in Dixon, Westoff and Marshall. Another tall down back would be helpful I think.

Perfect opportunity to get Payne into th side. We need him for a monster forward, although playing against Dixon, is that too much of a big ask for a 1st gamer?
absolutely yes..way too much and I very much doubt it will happen. Dixon is more than a monster forward who is dominating every game so far this year. He will be our main focus on stopping this week and putting Payney on him for his first game would not be a consideration in my opinion.

Port have 3 tall forwards in Dixon, Westoff and Marshall. Another tall down back would be helpful I think.
If we can slow their ball movement down through the centre of the ground through good team defence. And force them to kick under pressure or kick it long and high, then I really don’t think it will matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back