Unofficial Preview Changes v Port Adelaide?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how the members who put their memberships on hold are feeling now, if they want to go to games this season they have to pay and only get a 10% discount on next years membership, pledgers get to go to games and get 20% discount on 2021 memberships.
I share a family membership with a mate and he is being very difficult about it all. I told him to just pledge it and think of it as a donation (god knows it was about 5/6/7 years ago). The best part though is his wife won’t let him catch public transport at the moment. Very frustrated!

What has me worried this week is pressure and pace. Major step up in pressure that we need to handle from word go. The Crows applied very little. Also Port have a quick team Rozee, Motlop ,Butters ,Amon. Cannot let them get goal side of us

I cannot see McStay dropped. I do worry he rarely marks the ball inside 50
Although seems the game plan is to bring the ball down from our bombs into forward 50. All of them bring it to ground.

Be nice to watch the scratch matches this year. Makes things hard
Although even last year I did not see someone week in and week out demanding his spot.
I really like Skinner I like him to get a chance. He not kicking bags in the NEAFL, yes he played some time back although its a few levels below AFL standard
Ballenden as well..

Maybe we move Ah Chee/Starc forward and bring in Payne for Zorko?
Gardiner players the third tall.
Like others not sure we can play 2 undersized defenders (inc Lester) and 3-4 small/mid sized (Ah Chee, Starc, Rich and Birchall) against Port.

Lester going well, I think it helps him now Andrews/Dizzy a few years along and Rich worked out how to play HB better late 2018.
I think its either Witho or Lester with leg speed. Birchall has better leg speed slightly better than Hodge.
Not easy we have a few HB.. I think they where expecting Adams to play more hence we let go of Walker.
I not be upset if they played Payne.

If Martin is fit is it worth taking a risk or get a game into Ballenden who could play back if needed as well?.

Probably no real need for a ballot anymore?

A bit surprised the full quota of 10,000 didn't turn up last Sunday.

Maybe it had something to do with the time slot of 1.05pm and/or the miserable looking weather earlier that morning

I also wonder whether there are members/supporters who are still wary of mingling at "mass" gatherings, given the heavy (and justified) indoctrination we got about social distancing in the months prior.

Personally, and despite being in the "vulnerable" age group, that wasn't an issue for me prior to or at the game but I can imagine that it might be for some.

Short version, I don’t believe he’s as good as most here believe he is, and I believe he costs us a couple of goals a game from playing to far off and losing his opponent. And it’s only his athletic ability that saves him from costing us more.

I think at times that same criticism can easily be leveled at Andrews, in fact often I would say more so. The difference is Andrews then does something spectacular and is credited for being brave enough to leave his man.

Costing us goals over the back is more a result of our system of defense not a deficiency of player more often than not. We push up, we leave our man. It's great when it works and horrendous when our mids get caught out.

Gardiner isn't flash, he isn't spectacular. But he's brave, he's gutsy, he's reliable and 99% of the time gets the job done.

You can't have a whole team of superstars without the workers that make them that way. That's exactly what Dizz is - a worker. A vital peice of the puzzle really.

I also wonder whether there are members/supporters who are still wary of mingling at "mass" gatherings, given the heavy (and justified) indoctrination we got about social distancing in the months prior.
That's what kept me away, living with an elderly person. Probably won't attend this weekend either, I'll wait until we're well clear.

Andrews sometimes not great on disposal and other times seems slow to do something and gets caught
no one is perfect
Charlie missed a goal 15m out kicking around the body
That push in the back by Big O in front of crows goal.
Every week players do make mistakes.

With Dizzy I think people think more of him a few years ago where he gave away some stupid frees.

I think at times that same criticism can easily be leveled at Andrews, in fact often I would say more so. The difference is Andrews then does something spectacular and is credited for being brave enough to leave his man.

Costing us goals over the back is more a result of our system of defense not a deficiency of player more often than not. We push up, we leave our man. It's great when it works and horrendous when our mids get caught out.

Gardiner isn't flash, he isn't spectacular. But he's brave, he's gutsy, he's reliable and 99% of the time gets the job done.

You can't have a whole team of superstars without the workers that make them that way. That's exactly what Dizz is - a worker. A vital peice of the puzzle really.
Even look at the premier's neither Astbury or Grimes are much more than workers. Yet they were keystones to a flag

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back