Preview Changes v Port Adelaide

rhaz

Cancelled
Jun 30, 2008
AFL Club
Melbourne
One of Brayshaw or Harmes has to go for me. Neither having an impact on games, whether it's touches through the midfield, doing jobs on the opposition, or scoring.

Really keen to see Rivers in the side, he showed more than both Jackson and Pickett yet they keep getting games.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
One of Brayshaw or Harmes has to go for me. Neither having an impact on games, whether it's touches through the midfield, doing jobs on the opposition, or scoring.

Really keen to see Rivers in the side, he showed more than both Jackson and Pickett yet they keep getting games.
Rivers played half of one good game. I really like the kid but his myth has grown off the back of some pretty kicking actions.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Brayshaw Harmes and Jones should be dropped.
Name one other team in the league who could drop 3 inside mids and still have a gun starting inside mid division. What a joke.

Don't give a s**t who they bring in as long as they aren't slow inside mids.

Xhoquelin

Club Legend
Dec 4, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Charlotte Hornets
We used Gussy at the back of stoppages around the ground; something that would be more suited for Tomlinson(but gee I wish we had someone a bit cleaner at ground level to play that role).

But I don’t really feel the need for too many changes. Weed really should be CHF and not the deepest forward though. Don’t make kicking goals a necessary part of his game. If he can compete around the ground we will kick goals. TMac would’ve had a bag tonight.

Simultaneously Jacko has been really promising though, also competes and gives us a bit at ground level.

Want the same backline playing. If that backline gels it has the chance to be legitimately good.

In: TMac, Vanders, Tomlinson(gives us more width, which we needed. Our buildup play was too predictable today)

Out: Chunk, Brayshaw(if Harmes couldn’t play forward he’d be out), Jacko (stiff but he will be required next few weeks could pass it as loss management).

Xhoquelin

Club Legend
Dec 4, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Charlotte Hornets
Could really use Josh Kelly right about now
We could but he’s a bit overrated IMO.

People were talking about him as a top 5 midfielder in 2017 and he hasn’t come close to the form he showed in the earlier parts of that season. He is clean, fairly classy, but he’s a B+ inside midfielder.

But yeah; the perfect complement to the Vines Clarry Trac midfield trio would be someone cleaner like him.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
We need more impact possession players, forget about the blokes who can average 20. We need people that can make a difference from 10

I must have had my rose coloured glasses on with Nev like a lot of people did with Jones. Happy accept I was probably too lenient on him. Lockhart is starting to play some good footy so would be comfortable enough with him out of the side.

Stuck up for Gus enough lately. Shithouse last night.

Harmes. No idea what's going with you. But you trigger me so hard when you * up then go looking to hip and shoulder someone from opposition directly after it while smiling.

Jones. Yea nah. You romantics can give him a break all you want but give me someone like Bedford in the same role any day.

Id happily go:

Out: Jetta, Brayshaw, Harmes, Jones
In: TMac, Tomlinson, Bedford, Rivers ( or Hore if available)

More likely Goody goes:

Out: Jackson
In: TMac

:)

I don't think we'll go more than 2 changes unless there are any injuries, but would think about bringing in TMac - either for Jacko or to play 3 talls.

Would love VDB back in, but I thought he was going to miss 1 more.

A few who were down today should get another chance, ie. Hannan, Koz, Bennell.

gawndog37

Senior List
Oct 18, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
I think Harley can have a rest with the 4 day break. One of brayshaw/harmes needs to be dropped, I'd rather play an extra tall or small forward than playing one of those 2 out of position, otherwise Jacko can have a rest even though he's been good. I don't get the hate for nev too much, I thought he actually did a pretty good job on charlie, there's not much he could've done about the 2 goals he kicked other than that deliberate rushed behind which I actually thought he was passing to langdon it was just a really bad skill error.

In: Tomlinson, Tmac
Out: Bennell (rested), Harmes (omitted)

Brayshaw should go out from that performance. Jetta was ordinary too, Bennell might need a break to manage his loads.

Would go Tomlinson for Gus, Bedford for Bennell and Rivers for Nev.
Jones wasn't great, but I generally don't see the point in dropping blokes off one game, as they usually need a couple to get up to speed. Vanders and Hannan got a couple to get going (and did less than him in their respective returns) so Jones can have the same.

Fork n Hell

Premiership Player
Mar 7, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne
out- Brayshaw, Harmes
in- Tomlinson, Sparrow

i think Brayshaw and Harmes have both suffered from spending their time split half inside, half outside the contest. now they are both well out of form. i'd drop both of them and bring in Sparrow to play as an inside mid, and also bring in Tomlinson back onto the wing. have two more defined role players, one inside, one outside, rather than have two blokes splitting their time playing a couple of different roles and neither of them that well.
i would possibly like to see a couple more changes as we had a number of blokes that had poor games, but most of them probably deserve another chance to show something in response this week vs Port. on the other hand Brayshaw and Harmes have stunk it up for weeks so they can bloody well piss off.

stEdy

Premiership Player
Nov 2, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
I want to see Salem get some minutes in the centre square. Maybe at the back of the stoppage, get our ball hunters feeding him the ball, he's clean, can run on to his left foot and makes good decisions.

Bennell a chance to be rested given 4 day turn around. Bring in Bedford please, not ANB.

We need our small forwards to hit the scoreboard this week against Port. They have some good rebounding half backs, but they're not amazing defensively.

Their tall backs should blanket our young tall forwards. Need Trac to rest forward there and cause some headaches. Don't see how we win this

Islanda22

Club Legend
Feb 11, 2014
Australia
AFL Club
Melbourne
We are way too slow around stopages and when the ball is kicked over our heads

Jetta is cooked and so is Jones. Evrytime the ball was near Jetta I had to look away as he either fumbled or lost his feet.

T Mac needs to come in for Jackson

Lockhart had his kick smothered 5 times and had no impact at all

In - T McDonald, Rivers, Tomlinson, Bedford
Out - Jackson, Jetta, Jones, Lockhart

B - Hibberd, May, O McDonald
HB - Salem, Lever, Rivers
C - Langdon, Oliver, Tomlinson
HF - Melksham, T McDonald, Hannan
F - Pickett, Weideman, Fritsch
Foll - Gawn, Petracca, Viney
Int - Bedford, Harmes, Bennell, Brayshaw

mrmonkey

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 3, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Brayshaw should go out from that performance. Jetta was ordinary too, Bennell might need a break to manage his loads.

Would go Tomlinson for Gus, Bedford for Bennell and Rivers for Nev.
Jones wasn't great, but I generally don't see the point in dropping blokes off one game, as they usually need a couple to get up to speed. Vanders and Hannan got a couple to get going (and did less than him in their respective returns) so Jones can have the same.
Pretty much what I would do except would try find a spot for tmac.

Reckon we matchup vs Port pretty well. Wouldn't be surprised to see us win. Hoping Lycett is down to miss another game?
AFL site has him 1-2 away but I think that was before this weekend.
Saints beat them pretty comprehensively in the guts and I reckon we can too. Marshall and Ryder were very good with their taps, Max and Jacko could do something similar.
Marshall will be out too who is a handy forward.

rhaz

Cancelled
Jun 30, 2008
AFL Club
Melbourne
Any chance of throwing Hunt into the half back/midfield/wing? He is running out of chances, but we could use his pace.

Back