Preview Changes v Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Remember our VFL reviews a few years ago?

"Such and such had three disposals and one mark. Such and such's performance was really pleasing, and they'll be pushing for senior selection."

Rohan Bail and Tom Couch like this.

I'd thought exactly the same. Gus is really just struggling with exactly what he struggled with last season, he's not a winger. I'd drop Harmes for Tomlinson who goes to the wing, and Gus gets Harmes midfield minutes ... if he doesn't improve from there, out he goes.

Can we do all of this, but instead of dropping Harmes, put him at half forward and drop Jones instead?

In: Tomlinson, Out: Jones

Tomlinson on Wing. Move Harmes to HFF and Brayshaw to Centre. Simples.

We could but he’s a bit overrated IMO.

People were talking about him as a top 5 midfielder in 2017 and he hasn’t come close to the form he showed in the earlier parts of that season. He is clean, fairly classy, but he’s a B+ inside midfielder.

But yeah; the perfect complement to the Vines Clarry Trac midfield trio would be someone cleaner like him.
B+ inside mid? Give me an E grade inside mid if he can be A grade outside mid!

It would be nice if our mids could add a string each to their bows. Trac is the only player who is of value in a different position and he is our most dynamic mid.

We are currently playing 2 too many inside mids. They ought to be too good to leave out of the team but we reaĺy would be better served with players who can play the role properly.

It would be nice if our mids could add a string each to their bows. Trac is the only player who is of value in a different position and he is our most dynamic mid.

We are currently playing 2 too many inside mids. They ought to be too good to leave out of the team but we reaĺy would be better served with players who can play the role properly.
It’s the same discussion we’ve been having since 2018. Harmes or Brayshaw will probably get dropped. I really like Harmes however, but that’s not relevant. Anyone that can add additional speed and outside work to our midfield I’ll be endorsing. I think overall we aren’t far off, I mean goal kicking let us down, these guys just have to take their opportunities.

I remain positive of making the 8, but we would want to be beating Port Adelaide.

I'm already pretty optimistic again when usually I'd be still in melt mode. I think there's no reason why we can't be port and I think we'll just find a way to win though I'm also wary of the fact that port will also be very eager to bounce back after last round.

Sorry to intrude guys.
Just a questiom about tickets... Ticketek and ticketmaster aren't showing, nothing via afl website. Any clues?

On a side note, should be a win for your mob. Like us Vs Saints, you'll win the tap and go from there.

Good luck.

Sorry to intrude guys.
Just a questiom about tickets... Ticketek and ticketmaster aren't showing, nothing via afl website. Any clues?

On a side note, should be a win for your mob. Like us Vs Saints, you'll win the tap and go from there.

Good luck.
I know I just posted a positive post but winning the tap meant jack s**t last round.

Sorry to intrude guys.

Good luck.
I got an email from the club yesterday about registering for them as a Bris based Member, and it said registrations open for them at 10am today. So potentially first dibs to members, and then sell the rest to the general public?

Sorry to intrude guys.

Good luck.
Mate the idea of leaving the house, never mind going to the footy, is completely foreign to us.

Man, how many times have we heard opposition supporters say that Gawn and co will smash them in the middle when their prime rucks are out, we never actually seem to take advantage of it.

Win in the middle like we should, and hopefully we’ll win, otherwise our season is fairly cooked.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where did the myth about Oliver being good up forward come from? He's shown next to nothing in his 5 seasons to show he's dangerous forward apart from one snapped goal in a game we were already 10 goals up in.
For me its more a wish the coaches would play him forward a bit for his development. Get him hunting groundballs in the F50 and to focus on tackling and working on his pressure. Have him lead so he understands how s**t it is when mids dump the ball shallow out of a clearance. Also give him the green light to have a ping as he has been too quick to give a handball when he is close to goals.

He is tall, a decent mark and has elite reaction times, so i think its more of that he should make a decent forward if he was played there at times, rather than based on any past performance.

Any chance of a Wagner or two?

I Think we believe Oliver is good forward cause of his 2018 game against north Melbourne, and because we want to believe

1596011282363.png

Good on Tommy Sparrow, and good to see him named on the field rather than the bench (not that it means anything, but probably nice as a young player). Seems like the odd choice out of him and James Jordon though, Jordon apparently being the better runner and user by foot, but I'm sure the coaches have their reasons. If he can bump Harmes or Brayshaw out of the side that wouldn't be a bad outcome. Hoping TMac can play with the form he was starting to show in trickles before his injury. Maybe this will mean we see Fritsch a bit further up the ground hitting targets going forward which he's a bit better suited to even if he has taken a few marks I50 this year.

Jetta mentioned as being omited rather than injured or managed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back