Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Hey Oliver Viney and Petracca you guys lost the clearances last week to a side without a good ruck despite having Gawn and being all ranked in the top 20 of the player ratings. Solution, play another inside mid who won't play at all inside.

Feb 9, 2015
South Australia
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls,
Sorry for the random post but I was wondering if anyone knows what role Tom Sparrow will be playing this week? From a fantasy perspective he’s fairly cheap, always rated him and it’s good to see him getting a game

Does anyone actually know if Sparrow has been training/playing down back or more outside, or is he legit another inside mid?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
No idea, and the scratch match reviews give very little real info on what the players roles are.

He's young and hasn't perhaps gotten into the same habits of getting sucked inside all the time like Brayshaw, Jones etc. But from what I remember he is more inside than out.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
No idea, and the scratch match reviews give very little real info on what the players roles are.

He's young and hasn't perhaps gotten into the same habits of getting sucked inside all the time like Brayshaw, Jones etc. But from what I remember he is more inside than out.
They compared him to a young Jack Viney when he was drafted.
His draft profile is basically everything the MFC wants
Could literally replace his name with half a dozen of our highest picks yet people think we can't replace Brayshaw 😂😂

TOM SPARROW

STRENGTHS

• Contested work
  • Size
  • Explosive pace
  • Competitiveness
  • Team first
Without fear, Sparrow can find the footy in traffic and around the feet of the ruckman, with his ferocious competitive streak, Sparrow will fight hard in the contest to win the footy and when he doesn’t to not let it out.

IMPROVEMENTS

• Kicking Efficiency
  • Decision Making
With Sparrow’s contested ball winning ability, sometimes those clearance kicks do not always find the target, which is to be expected, and so to keep improving requires Sparrow to develop this further to enhance his impact on the game. His kicking under pressure also makes his decision making decision making an area he can improve upon. Sparrow can definitely make some better decisions by foot with some development, and where he lands at a club, those areas will be something that coaches will look to address.
He has clear deficiencies in the game with regards to his disposal by foot and decision making, which is what has him slipping in the draft to a late draft selection or rookie selection.

I gave up on our season at half time last week. Nothing in this selection has changed my mind. Who the hell is going to take Jettas spot? Where are Hore and Rivers?
Good - close the door behind you cheers

They compared him to a young Jack Viney when he was drafted.
His draft profile is basically everything the MFC wants
Could literally replace his name with half a dozen of our highest picks yet people think we can't replace Brayshaw 😂😂

TOM SPARROW

STRENGTHS

• Contested work
  • Size
  • Explosive pace
  • Competitiveness
  • Team first
Without fear, Sparrow can find the footy in traffic and around the feet of the ruckman, with his ferocious competitive streak, Sparrow will fight hard in the contest to win the footy and when he doesn’t to not let it out.

IMPROVEMENTS

• Kicking Efficiency
  • Decision Making
With Sparrow’s contested ball winning ability, sometimes those clearance kicks do not always find the target, which is to be expected, and so to keep improving requires Sparrow to develop this further to enhance his impact on the game. His kicking under pressure also makes his decision making decision making an area he can improve upon. Sparrow can definitely make some better decisions by foot with some development, and where he lands at a club, those areas will be something that coaches will look to address.
He has clear deficiencies in the game with regards to his disposal by foot and decision making, which is what has him slipping in the draft to a late draft selection or rookie selection.

Could be playing the Vanders wing role?

Nah think I'll stay. I'm entitled to my opinion just like you are. And in that opinion I just don't think the team is good enough to contend. Hopefully I'm wrong.
You called it quite well in fairness

Back