Changes v Port (latest; out: Murray, In: Murphy)

Remove this Banner Ad

We've used every first year player except Tyler brown, that's including a cat b rookie, redrafted ox and traded in Murray who I hope is all good. All bar brown,Elliot,McLarty,wills & Lynch have played, quite incredible really.
This makes it 38 of our list of 45 who will have played this year; Goldsack and Kirby are the other two.

Can someone explain to me why we bother naming emergencies?

Bizarre.
Really it's just a pool of players for the "in case" scenario.
Most clubs use those listed as emergencies for such replacements.

Obviously we knew Murray was out and thinking was, Murphy would be best match well just pay a fine and that's that.

Who knows the reason might be Murray and Murphy both have 6 letters and similar letters so that will do.

Nathan Murphy will make it, while Sam Murray will not.

I don't mind this, at all. Good luck, Nathan.
It's too early for Murphy. At least Murray has two years experience behind him. Murphy has not even been outstanding at VFL level. Good luck to the boy but it's a real shame our AFL team is so decimated by injury that he gets a game.

It's too early for Murphy. At least Murray has two years experience behind him. Murphy has not even been outstanding at VFL level. Good luck to the boy but it's a real shame our AFL team is so decimated by injury that he gets a game.
I agree with the sentiment.

But just appreciating it for what it is. We have a number of VFL footballers filling spots in our senior side at present. And thats quite obviously due to excessive injuries.

But I think we're being extremely well coached/drilled, the rest we can't do much about. So when it comes to a debutant with some promise, I'm all for it.

Good luck, Nathan.

I agree with the sentiment.

But just appreciating it for what it is. We have a number of VFL footballers filling spots in our senior side at present. And thats quite obviously due to excessive injuries.

But I think we're being extremely well coached/drilled, the rest we can't do much about. So when it comes to a debutant with some promise, I'm all for it.

Good luck, Nathan.
I will appreciate it a lot better for what it is if we can manage a win. Everyone enjoys watching a draftee's first game. Like most posters, I am just tired of the injuries that create so many opportunities for debutants.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I will appreciate it a lot better for what it is if we can manage a win. Everyone enjoys watching a draftee's first game. Like most posters, I am just tired of the injuries that create so many opportunities for debutants.
Preaching to the choir.

I mentioned earlier in the week, anyone involved in our fitness/medical department might want to start advertising......

Murphy in...!!

Looks as about ready for senior footy as Tyler Brown.

Fasolo, Aish, McLarty.... Whether playing in defence, midfield or up front... there is literally a better option than him available in every position. Gee they must be a niche role planned for him....

Murphy in...!!

Looks as about ready for senior footy as Tyler Brown.

Fasolo, Aish, McLarty.... Whether playing in defence, midfield or up front... there is literally a better option than him available in every position. Gee they must be a niche role planned for him....

Murphy was Closer then Tyler Brown. Be Playing as Rebounding Defender

Mate, we don’t have a KPD in the backline.... not 1. Madgen is 192. He’s barely KPD. It doesn’t matter.

We might win this week and next week. But will be absolutely exposed in the finals. You just wait and see.

Dunn and Howe aren't KPD height either and we went with them for the lion's share of the season. McLarty did play well last week but with Dixon out he's not really a need.

Dunn and Howe aren't KPD height either and we went with them for the lion's share of the season. McLarty did play well last week but with Dixon out he's not really a need.

Dunn & Howe are experienced and have proven that they can play tall when necessary.
Madgen is inexperienced.

I just think we will be exposed in finals against :
Melbourne - T.McDonald
Geelong - T.Hawkins
WCE - J.Kennedy
Richmond - J. Riewoldt
Sydney - L. Franklin

We can’t expect Howe to man-up these players. He needs to be intercepting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back