Changes v Port (latest; out: Murray, In: Murphy)

Remove this Banner Ad

Dunn & Howe are experienced and have proven that they can play tall when necessary.
Madgen is inexperienced.

I just think we will be exposed in finals against :
Melbourne - T.McDonald
Geelong - T.Hawkins
WCE - J.Kennedy
Richmond - J. Riewoldt
Sydney - L. Franklin

We can’t expect Howe to man-up these players. He needs to be intercepting.

So the answer to our inexperience down back is McLarty who's played zero games? He'll need to string a couple of decent games together but if he does he still has to deal with the prospect of Howe coming back in. Mihocek is a lock up forward to help Cox and Magden is doing a good job down back at the minute.

So the answer to our inexperience down back is McLarty who's played zero games? He'll need to string a couple of decent games together but if he does he still has to deal with the prospect of Howe coming back in. Mihocek is a lock up forward to help Cox and Magden is doing a good job down back at the minute.

So we bring in Nathan Murphy? The boy isn’t physically ready to play a half-back role in the AFL. He’s playing his first game too. The least we could do is try cover our NEED FOR KPD’s.

Like I said, it doesn’t matter. We’ll just get shown up in the finals.

Going to be interesting to see how we line up today.
Happy to see Murphy in and get his chance.
With the injuries we have had and the amount of players that have played this year it is remarkable that we are still in the hunt for a top 4 spot.

One bonus is Mihochek has the ability to go back. If need be we can throw him back. Given it is supposed to rain our forward line might look better with a smaller setup and Cox as the only genuine tall. DeGoey is almost the same height as Mihochek as well.

How I hope to see us line up:

B - Langdon Mihochek Maynard
HB - Crisp Madgen Greenwood
C - Aish Pendlebury Sidebottom
HF - WHE DeGoey Varcoe
F - Thomas Cox Stephenson
R - Grundy Adams Sier
INT - Mayne Phillips Oxley Murphy

Good luck to the Murph, looks a good player in the making. Time to write his own chapter in the Magpie story.

I think our debutants this year, especially Stephenson, Murphy, Sier, Murray will be looked back on as a bumper crop.

Still havent given up hope of adding McLarty to the list :)

It's a travesty that Sier hasn't been nominated for the Rising Star. He gathers an increasing number of possessions each week he has played. Also, considering he came into replace one of the best mid fielders in the game and has done so with aplomb he should have been seriously considered in our B&F
His disposal, penetration and smarts are above average and his bulk and agility tells me that he will be our next Dane Swan...mark my words... and spread the word that we demand he gets the recognition he deserves. He is a 19yo kid and holds down a midfielder role in a top 8 team. How many RS nominations (Raynor perhaps) has been able to do this?

Not sure you could describe that game on buddy as a ‘good job.’

This is why injuries have destroyed us.

Desperately need Moore back.

I was even more surprised when Buckley said this week that FAz is a required player!? IF not required now with our injuries, then when?

He's not going to come out and bag him 2 weeks before the end of season, is he? My ears tell me that by saying he is required he could still have currency with WC for perhaps Gaff? We need another outside gun and perhaps if we don;t get Lynch a trade could be possible for an alternate WA out of contract player.

Not sure you could describe that game on buddy as a ‘good job.’

This is why injuries have destroyed us.

Desperately need Moore back.

He was very good prior to being forced to go to Franklin, a task he would not have been preparing for during the week and which is a tough assignment at any time, let alone in those circumstances and where Franklin already had his tail up. Magden was good again last week.

Yes, Moore back would be good, but you may have heard he's injured.

I like the way Buckley has given a player who makes it into the seniors 2-3 games to acclimatise rather than panicking straight sway. Gives the players some confidence that it's not all make or break on the one game.

Vfl watchers. Is he ready?
TradeDraft

Will bring a more physical defensive mindset than Murray. Much better user of the footy, but lacks the same dash as Murray. Given the forecast, it's probably not such a bad change.

Can someone explain to me why we bother naming emergencies?

Bizarre.

Which of the named emergencies would you have picked to play small-medium defender?

Will bring a more physical defensive mindset than Murray. Much better user of the footy, but lacks the same dash as Murray. Given the forecast, it's probably not such a bad change.

Rather Murphy who can hit Targets where 50/50 with Murray

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why didn’t we name one as an emergency then...

I’m pointing out how irrelevant the emergency list actually is. Chill.

Maybe it was the 1 area in the team we were least expecting to need anyone while there were doubts on players in other areas.

I'm positively frosty.

We won’t see Murphy until midway through next year I think
Great call. Buckley was always going debut another bloke this round or next week, he needs games into as much of the list as possible. Murphy was awesome today, Buckley has found the way finally. Soon enough it wont matter who's out within reason, and the wins will keep coming.

Great call. Buckley was always going debut another bloke this round or next week, he needs games into as much of the list as possible. Murphy was awesome today, Buckley has found the way finally. Soon enough it wont matter who's out within reason, and the wins will keep coming.
I was wrong meh, hardly worthy of a quote a week later given the 'I think' at the end

Remove this Banner Ad

Back