Prediction Changes v Port - Rd 9, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Hannan was poor, Buku will probably get another run but was a typical first gamer, McNeil was quiet and Sweet tried but wasn’t great. Obviously Hunter might be injured.

Candidates to come in would be Wallis, Weightman, English and Williams. Expect only 2-3 changes from a win.

I think it's just a bit hard to reconcile that JJ has gone from a Norm Smith, top-earner player, to a player that now has to be viewed in the same lens as Scott and McNeill - a true role player.

6 touches, 0 tackles, but did nab a goal and had a hand in a couple more, while most importantly, performing the role he was given on Saad. Compare his 6 touch game tonight to West's 5 touch game last week and you can clearly see why some players are kept in despite low counting stats while others have a much shorter leash.

So he wasn't really bad. But at this point it's like if Lachie McNeill was one of our highest paid players.

It's a new role for him and he was better this week than last. Hopefully the trend continues, and he gets himself more opportunities, because he's actually a pretty decent shot on goal.

Outs: Hunter, Khamis, Lipinski and Cordy if Gardner gets up.

Ins: English, Vandermeer, Williams and gut feel is Gardner comes straight back in if he's fit.

Weightman won’t be thrown to the wolves in Adelaide. Possibly to be sub? Mature body of Hannan to get one more crack.

Out: Hunter (inj), Lipinski, Khamis
In: Williams, English , Vandemeer

Don’t know much about broken hands but beveridge said something about the fourth something and pointed to the outside of the hand (little finger side). Any insights on what that likely means?

4th metacarpal? I didn’t hear Bev

Depends on placement but anywhere from 1 to 6 weeks. It’s a pain management thing as much as anything. Hurts like f&ck.

I’m pretty sore Lynch did the same thing earlier this year and didn’t miss any games?? Someone will help me out here

ps Sorry it was Heeney and he missed a week

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Depends on placement but anywhere from 1 to 6 weeks. It’s a pain management thing as much as anything. Hurts like f&ck.

I’m pretty sore Lynch did the same thing earlier this year and didn’t miss any games?? Someone will help me out here

yeah that’s the word he said fourth metacarpal and that he’d go for an X-ray and probably have a plate put in

yeah that’s the word he said fourth metacarpal and that he’d go for an X-ray and probably have a plate put in

Plate makes it stronger and usable faster. Hard to put a number on it but he isn’t a marking player so hand strength isn’t as important as quickly

ps Sorry it was Heeney and he missed a week
Article on the afl website suggests will miss time. Could be weeks

Need English, Williams and a small forward in. As a minimum.

Need Cordy, Hannan and someone else out. I'd say Khamis - as Port have a very talented and experience F50 setup.

Can we cover Hunter missing with his hand with our existing mids ? And bring Weightman in ?? Or if we lose Cordy + Khamis - do we also need Young in ?

Out: Hannan, Khamis, Hunter, Lipinski
In: English, Williams, VDM, Wallis

Bailey Smith on very thin ice, as is Cordy but realistically we aren’t going to make more than 4 changes. Khamis looked at home at this level but Williams is a pretty direct replacement.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back