Prediction Changes v Port

Remove this Banner Ad

Only change I have an issue with is Priddis in for Redden, I can't see the downside in giving Redden a proper chance to play the role he was recruited for.
Lycett in makes us tall, but that's obviously been done with consideration to the way Port has been lining up and Mcgovern must be needed back.

We've lost 4 games by ten points or less and are only a game outside the top 4, the coaches and match committee probably think that irrespective of the outside narrative that we are right in contention. If a couple of those games are wins then all of a sudden we're in the top 4 and people are talking about making sure we have the best side ready for a flag tilt irrespective of age. Puts a bit of a stay on bringing in the yoof but I'd rather go down swinging chasing a flag, this year is open to whichever side gets hot at the right time, no reason it can't be us.

That's fine but we have a better chance of making the top 4 without Priddis and Lecca at present coz they are in horrible form or past it. Last week showed we are more competitive without them because thier replacements did a better job and we were more balanced as a team.
Why change the part of the winning team from last week that wasn't broken? It makes no actual sense unless the coaches are either stupid or playing favourites.

That's fine but we have a better chance of making the top 4 without Priddis and Lecca at present coz they are in horrible form or past it. Last week showed we are more competitive without them because thier replacements did a better job and we were more balanced as a team.
Why change the part of the winning team from last week that wasn't broken? It makes no actual sense unless the coaches are either stupid or playing favourites.
Yeah I said I agree that Priddis shouldn't come straight back in, but if Lecras in means Karpany spends more time up the ground in the extra midfielder role that Masten plays I think that's a net win. Has Masten showed enough this year to be guaranteed a game ahead of what Lecras provided for the first few months when everyone's fit?

Why does winning the game last week mean it should be reviewed differently? If we play the exact same for 115 minutes out of 120 except the Dogs kick the last goal instead of Vardy would you think these changes make more sense?

Geez Redden is stiff. Must be hard for our boarder line best 22 guys - form both in WAFL and AFL doenst seem to matter if you dont have the big name.

I'm a bit disappointed with the ins this week, Lecras and Priddis just haven't been anywhere good enough this year. If they're carrying injuries, then why not let them rest for a spell.

Thinking optimisticly, the only logic i can follow is that this is the MC unequivocally backing the players in for a final time. Perhaps they feel injuries or soreness were the cause of some of the form issues. I don't think Lecras would have played had Kennedy been fit.

I just hope they adjust if things don't work.

God i hope a fully fit Lecras plays absolutely terribly tomorrow. No more excuses FFS.

We let poor form carry on waaay too long without consequence, and then fail to reward good form from our young players when it's right in the MC's face.

Big opportunity missed with Partington, and now Redden after a great game.

Without having digested all the melts yet, my thoughts - for however little they're worth:

- Cole out isn't end of world stuff. He was down last week and could use a rest after his first regular stint. So long as it was communicated to him like that, I'm at peace with the omission.

- Redden should feel shafted.

- This team feels out of balance. Too tall, too reliant on clunking every mark.

- Lecca is now Brad Haddin level lucky. He needs to deliver in this game, no ifs or buts.

The media needs to start coming after these guys, but they're too nice and don't question the steep decline of players with runs on the board either.

Been plenty of coverage of LeCras' lean spell, and Simpson has had enough Priddis questions that he came out with the "I don't get these questions after a win" line this week.

Feel for Redden- he at least deserved a "general soreness" tag to describe his omission this week.

Happy for Lycett that he is finally back. Curious to see if Petrie rucks at all this week or plays at CHF the entire game. We seem to be too tall this week.

I would suggest this won't be the last chance for Lecras- he was in such good form earlier in the year it is obvious that this hip injury has significantly hampered him. Also played so well v Port earlier in the year I am sure it will give them some homework to do.

Given how sore Wellingham was - wouldn't be surprised to see a late change tomorrow.

Feel for Redden- he at least deserved a "general soreness" tag to describe his omission this week.

Happy for Lycett that he is finally back. Curious to see if Petrie rucks at all this week or plays at CHF the entire game. We seem to be too tall this week.

I would suggest this won't be the last chance for Lecras- he was in such good form earlier in the year it is obvious that this hip injury has significantly hampered him. Also played so well v Port earlier in the year I am sure it will give them some homework to do.

Given how sore Wellingham was - wouldn't be surprised to see a late change tomorrow.
I put Lecras' good form at the start of the year down to his age. Older guys tend to start the year well as they are fresh but then go down hill as the year goes on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rather unfortunate with selections.
At least Karps is still in even though Lecca came back.
Just hope the boys get the job done in a less than ideal situation.

I will be surprised if we win. We have a coaching staff in denial about the state of our senior players and plays favourites, creating disharmony in the squad, and Port have copped criticism all week about not beating a top eight side.

Furthermore, we are too tall and too slow.

I expect Port to run all over us in the last quarter.

I will be surprised if we win. We have a coaching staff in denial about the state of our senior players and plays favourites, creating disharmony in the squad, and Port have copped criticism all week about not beating a top eight side.

Is there actually any evidence at all of disharmony in the squad?

I thought Cole was bad last week but no he shouldn't have been dropped, he got away with a bad game and we still won, he'll learn from it.

This tall team puts a lot of pressure on Shep and Wellingham I think, the run from the backline won't be coming from anyone else besides these two and Gaff. Mackenzie might overlap, but won't be able to pinpoint someone with his disposal.

Priddis has no right to come back for Redden, Lecras comes in for no real reason but I'm not mad about it because it wasn't for Karpany, so at least they dropped Masten who was quite poor.

Lycett in is a good move, not dropping a tall is a s**t move, what happens if it's greasy and slippery, the whole gameplan is ****ed.

I put Lecras' good form at the start of the year down to his age. Older guys tend to start the year well as they are fresh but then go down hill as the year goes on.
Do they? That sounds like something you've completely made up.

Up til Rd 7 he'd been goalless once, then he had two games where he kicked three behinds each. He's been horrible the last two times out, but for a forward who's in the team to demand a good defender, and create scores for his teammates, he's done enough.

Ignoring Redden/Priddis neither of the others that have gone out have demanded a spot, Cole's been pretty good for a young player but he doesn't provide enough with the ball, and isn't a versatile enough defender to compensate yet. And Masten is still Masten.

This isn't the NBA, you don't need a superstar in every position to compete, and every team's going to have weaknesses. GWS have an injury list the length of my arm and questions over their consistency; Geelong rely incredibly heavily on two guys in the middle and don't have enough depth; Richmond's the same except it's one guy in the middle, slightly better depth, but no forward support for Reiwoldt and they look like crap when they're forced to play slow ball; Port haven't beaten a top 8 side. Adelaide look great on paper but are 5-4 over the last few months and lost 3 of those games to teams outside the 8 at the time.

I can categorically say you're making that up.

Keys, I think what you meant to say is said poster said so, so it must be true.

Been plenty of coverage of LeCras' lean spell, and Simpson has had enough Priddis questions that he came out with the "I don't get these questions after a win" line this week.
I would expect this week hopefully after we win, for press to grill simmo if priddis goes 10 touches, 6 turn overs or lecras going 0.5.I would love to see how he responds. Let me also add, I have no personal issues or resentment towards these fellas, both have been great servants for this club and will be known as legends of our club when they retire. However, it is time to put reputation and prior achievements aside and do what is best for the club. Because they have been so good before, KPI's for lecaras should be 3 goals, 5 assists, 5 tackles :) and matt to have 27 touches, 28 contested, zero turn overs and 5 assists. :) If simmo wants to play the reputation card for a recall, then he should apply that same card for their output.

For all posters going to the game, we will see whether selecting LeCras is merited or not.

The last few games he has not run back with his defender opening us up. I recommend you watch his running patterns and then we can debate next week. Cooked or not - that is the question.

I'd seriously laugh if lecras turns back the clock and produces on of his best performances in a while.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back