Preview Changes v Port

Remove this Banner Ad

Cameron responds the other way ... it takes him a few games to get back into it.

Atkins hasn't been as bad as has been described on here. I try and see him as a young Stevie J .. he does less things, but the things he does are usually big things :)
But he's been quite soft (in football terms)

Let's just hope we win this game Richmond knocking on the door gws and Geelong Sydney along with Port themselves

Hoping the faith Pyke has shown in Keath pays off along with others coming back in and keeping CC in the team

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
We aren't going to lose this because Otten isn't playing if that's what you're implying.

Wanting and/or having an opinion that he should be the one to go is perfectly understandable. I'd disagree, but I've been wrong once or twice when it comes to selection. What was amazing was the confidence that these guys had that it would happen. Even after Keath was named on the field in the initial 25 and despite our club not having dropped a player from that spot in the last heap of years, some posters continued to think he was a certain out. There's a bit of emotion regarding Otten's return to AFL action, it's been a good news story all year, it's not surprising that some posters can't look past their emotions.
Otto has been blessed with our injuries.

Jenkins early, then Gov, then Hartigan..

Exactly why he is on the list.

Not fussed with Seed coming out. I'm not a huge fan. I would have liked to see Atkins dropped before Milera. Even Milera was harder at the ball than Atkins against Collingwood. Needed to send him a message.

Wanting and/or having an opinion that he should be the one to go is perfectly understandable. I'd disagree, but I've been wrong once or twice when it comes to selection. What was amazing was the confidence that these guys had that it would happen. Even after Keath was named on the field in the initial 25 and despite our club not having dropped a player from that spot in the last heap of years, some posters continued to think he was a certain out. There's a bit of emotion regarding Otten's return to AFL action, it's been a good news story all year, it's not surprising that some posters can't look past their emotions.
The part I've bolded above is something I think needs to be drilled into everyone's heads. I didn't participate in yesterdays discussion but reading back I was surprised that there are still people who don't know this. Our club is very straightforward on selections for Sunday games, they name an extended bench and unless there's an unexpected withdrawal the players cut are always from the bench.

Talia is paid to play on "the Dixons".

Keath needs some physically development and AFL match fitness/hardness before we start throwing him to the likes of Dixon as a first option.

Talia has never been a 'third man up' option like Scarlett or Fletcher; he's a man-on-man defender.
Perfect matchup for Keath is Westhoff who seems to tear us a new one every time we play them. Keath has more than enough pace and agility for that job

Funny how they haven't been back since the teams were announced.

We should try it on Atkins and Cameron

Cameron would be the one that I'd agree with. But I get the feeling that he's playing under mental duress and dropping him wouldn't be any different to finishing up his year. But it will need to get to that point if he can't turn it around soon. But I thought he had an almost game last week and if not for errant finishing and a couple of defensive errors that we don't expect from him, he would have been pretty good. Rat hasn't had a consistent run of poor form, he's not been consistently near what he should, but he's still having good games and getting his hands on the ball. I wouldn't be considering dropping him just yet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We should try it on Atkins and Cameron

Cameron would be the one that I'd agree with. But I get the feeling that he's playing under mental duress and dropping him wouldn't be any different to finishing up his year. But it will need to get to that point if he can't turn it around soon. But I thought he had an almost game last week and if not for errant finishing and a couple of defensive errors that we don't expect from him, he would have been pretty good. Rat hasn't had a consistent run of poor form, he's not been consistently near what he should, but he's still having good games and getting his hands on the ball. I wouldn't be considering dropping him just yet.

Let's just hope we win this game Richmond knocking on the door gws and Geelong Sydney along with Port themselves

Hoping the faith Pyke has shown in Keath pays off along with others coming back in and keeping CC in the team

I like the fact Keath has been kept...we need him to grow in confidence before finals time and dropping him would dent that...plus as good as Otten has been, he isn't as quick.
I'm surprised Eddie is playing...at this stage.

Well he's unlucky in that his injuries stopped him being an incredible player. But he's not unlucky this year, just in past years.

Has certainly been cruelled by injury and very unlucky in that regard. If it was up to me, I wouldn't play him in the SANFL should he not play this week. I'd freshen him up physically and mentally and ensure that he's cherry ripe in 2-3 weeks in case he's required at AFL level. I still think there's a reasonable chance that his form has dipped along with his body having played at the highest level over the last 15 or so weeks. Freshen him up, get him back and vibrant and he might cease dropping balls that he's gotten uncontested hands to. If Keath ultimately fails and we manage Otto to ensure he's peaking around a month from now, then we'll be all the better for it.

Geelong getting pumped. Just need GWS, Richmond and Port to lose and we are looking Golden.

But they must consider Keath the better match up on the bigger forwards, he's basically replacing Hartigans role and Lever is replacing Otten as the third tall.

And we more than likely need that bigger second defender come the finals as Hartigan is going to struggle to be ready.

It's pretty obvious. In terms of being a defensive player, Otten is capable of matching up on very, very few opponents. But, his smarts allow him to play on key forwards, but he's undersized. If he was isolated, he'd be in significant trouble. He can't play on smaller players at all because he'd be isolated and it would be a blood bath down there. He was clearly behind Keath as a KPD last week, his banishment to the forward line made that very clear. All that has happened is that there's no more need for "Selleys" because outside of Harto v Keath for a KPD spot, we're basically running our best 22. And Otten is obvously not part of that group, but by gum, there's only a couple of things that need go wrong for him to be.

Hahahaha time will tell trengrove has played forward all year and is averaging less than 1 goal per game

Are you taking EC for lunch? Tell me where it is and I'll even pay for yours. It's important for you to know how far off the mark you were and paying for both lunches might assist in achieving that goal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back