Unofficial Preview Changes v Richmond at Metricon... on Tuesday.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
YEah, I don’t disagree re witho and answerth, but you suggested dropping him for Hinge who played wing last time he was in the seniors. My point is we aren’t going to leave out a 4th member of our back 7 for the last 6 rounds by choice. When the others return I’d drop ah chee.
Yep I know of Fagans selections methods.
So it is very unlikely for even Payne to come in, for this one game.

Ah Chee is playing his role, added good pressure and set up a few scoring shots all the while playing a big part in shutting out Tippa. He and Answerth worked him over (especially noticeable on the replay).

He is not going anywhere.
If you watch the replay his defensive efforts were excellent. And he has the capacity to go forward.

But obviously if we get a full complement to choose from there are going to be some hard decisions made because Answerth and Witherden are more than capable if they reproduce the form of last night.

If you watch the replay his defensive efforts were excellent. And he has the capacity to go forward.

But obviously if we get a full complement to choose from there are going to be some hard decisions made because Answerth and Witherden are more than capable if they reproduce the form of last night.

I think Lester will remain out and Dizzy will play taller.

I think there is a genuine chance of one of Answerth, Starcevich or Ah Chee to rotate on the wing.

I also think that we're on the verge of these guys putting big pressure on the likes of Birchall, Rich and Robinson to perform at a high level. If their form slumps, our young guys will have no problem taking their spot.

Andrews and Gardiner probably have the best DE of anyone in our team but that means SFA when it comes to being a decent kick if you just chip it around the backline

Answerth also gained 400+ metres.

In fact, leading was Bailey on 447 @ 80%, Witherden on 432 at 86 and Answerth with 417 at 84. Neale fourth with 414 metres and 91 %.

There is a spot for either Skinner or Ballenden in our team for the remainder of the year really. McInerney will play first Ruck and either of those two will get a shot even if/ when McStay returns. Skinner probably the better player but just as terrible at set shots as McStay and Hippy!
Was a good opportunity in the last quarter to see them both in the ruck and I suspect they will both get stints in the ruck again on Tuesday.

The big reason I was big on Witho in the team is, IMO, we cannot sustain our successful corridor game without 2 of him, Rich & Birchall in the team. So good to see him grab his opportunity - he made us a better team.

His kicking seemed a different style. No high risk laser passes, but weighted kicks to his team mates advantage - just like Birch. Was that my just imagination?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also think Payne is a chance to grab a best 22 spot if he lives up to expectations. Lester was fantastic early in the season but has been more serviceable than anything since. Having Payne in the side to take the biggest forward may help us by allowing Andrews to continue intercepting and leaving his man and Gardiner can play smaller if required.

Ah Chee is playing his role, added good pressure and set up a few scoring shots all the while playing a big part in shutting out Tippa. He and Answerth worked him over (especially noticeable on the replay).

He is not going anywhere.

Will be interesting when Rich comes back. One of those three will be out.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Answerth also gained 400+ metres.

In fact, leading was Bailey on 447 @ 80%, Witherden on 432 at 86 and Answerth with 417 at 84. Neale fourth with 414 metres and 91 %.

IIRC a disposal is effective if it isn’t turned over. So long kicks down the line to a pack are usually termed effective.

The big reason I was big on Witho in the team is, IMO, we cannot sustain our successful corridor game without 2 of him, Rich & Birchall in the team. So good to see him grab his opportunity - he made us a better team.

His kicking seemed a different style. No high risk laser passes, but weighted kicks to his team mates advantage - just like Birch. Was that my just imagination?
Yes Witho's kicking style has changed for the better.

Yer, Witho was superb with his kicking last night, just bit off the right amount each time, Noah was very safe as well.

As Chris Fagan likes to say, play to your weapons.

Depends on whether we have another injury or need to rest someone.

That is true. But there will be a time where 4 doesn’t go into 3. Richy is a certain which means one of those guys will miss out.

That is true. But there will be a time where 4 doesn’t go into 3. Richy is a certain which means one of those guys will miss out.

Depends on how other players perform up the ground too. Tell you what it is a nice problem to have!

I feel Answerth offers more on a direct-defensive lockdown aspect. Answerth is a good kick, but Ah Chee I reckon is better at setting up a successful passage of play. On the other hand you'd love to have Answerth on your side in a tough match with his aggression on the footy. Personally I want to continue with Ah Chee, I reckon he can be dynamic in finals.

With Rich back in in the following week, and either Witho/Birchall playing it makes for an interesting choice.

IMO our best back 6 + 1 on the bench come finals would be-

Alex Witherden, Jack Payne, Noah Answerth.
Darcy Gardiner, Harris Andrews, Daniel Rich.

Callum Ah Chee.

I think this covers all scenarios that opposition could throw at us. Very unlucky for Lester and Birchall, great depth to have though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back