Opinion Changes v Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Not arguing against it but Harley's return will compound the reality of tired and sore youngsters(maybe some oldsters too) having their time on ground increased because you'd expect he will have reduced minutes.If Lachie Neale's an omission it compounds it further losing a big bodied ball winner.Who tries to replace him??
All probably works against Taylin getting a debut as well?
Barra was just a knee knock hopefully.
Sheridan,Croz and Nyhuis are available and good solid backups.Can't see Danyle playing.
We always had a tough end to the season and nothing has changed there.Will be a real test of the club's mettle to be competitive to the end.
Can imagine they'll throw in De Luca for Neale, give him a chance in the middle. As much as we want Suban/D. Pearce/Suttclife out, if we have Neale, Mundy being sore there's limited options for those two coming in to replace them. Guess we ll have to play out the season with those 3 in.

I honestly don't mind Suban and/or Sutty keeping the seat warm or having a chance to show their wares although I don't believe either is in our future for anything other than depth,but Nyhuis surely taps Danyle out??

we can only hope that happens and Ballas doesn't fall over but kick them goals then he just might be worth 2 more years otherwise...back to being the Mayor of...

Neale might be rested for the rest of the season, has been playing sore for 5 weeks.
Bennell may play if he gets through training ok.
personally I am not sure about bringing in Bennell when we are undermanned. He will need to be managed, and not be in a situation where the opposition will target him. There seems to me to be minimal achievement from playing him outside supporter satisfaction

Whatever we can see you can be certain the club are in possession of trolleys of information about the nature and status of Harley's injury rehab.They will not be about taking unnecessary risks simply to appease supporter expectation.
I haven't seen him move since his first Peel game against the Royals a month ago.
Limited minutes, limited output but all part of a meticulously monitored schedule aimed at having him play some AFL minutes before season's end.
Of course there's a risk but it's a professionally managed one.Hopefully his game time goes well and it's not so restricted to put undue pressure on others to take up the slack.

personally I am not sure about bringing in Bennell when we are undermanned. He will need to be managed, and not be in a situation where the opposition will target him. There seems to me to be minimal achievement from playing him outside supporter satisfaction
They are doing it for him. Reward for perseverance. Plus I wouldn't mind a little supporter satisfaction after last week.
Besides, if his calf goes after all of the rehab he has done, then its not much chop anyway and we have the whole off-season to work out what to do about it.

Out: D Pearce, Neale
In: Crozier, Bennell

Hughes - Hamling - Logue
Ryan - Johnson - Weller
B Hill - Sutty - Tucker
Crozier - Taberner - Bennell
McCarthy - Cox - Ballas

Darcy - Fyfe - S Hill

Mundy - Kersten - Suban - Deluca

- With Neale out I'd imagine we will see quite some experimenting with different players in the middle (Deluca, Tucker, Crozier, Sutty, Weller) being lead by Fyfe and S Hill.
- They could throw Mundy in the centre for longer periods but really what's the point. May as well use the gametime wisely and see how the younger kids go in the middle.
- I'd like to see Nyhuis come in for Johnson due Richmond's lack of height in their forward line but doubt it will happen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What new expansion team? Are you sure mate or will you break my trust again? A loss to a depleted cats for a top 4 spot yeh ouch.

2017rnd22.jpg

Outs from 7 man bench have to be Pearce, Kersten & Sutcliffe/Suban. Tommy was our best player last week and deserves the next two games to save his career
Logue is developing nicely,De Luca needs a few consecutive games to see what he's got and whether to keep and really its a toss up between Sutcliffe and Suban.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back