Changes v Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We’re a sure thing to win this no probs.

I had surgery yesterday which wasn’t good. However I’m home now watching a DVD of Caddyshack with my own supply of endone. I swear I should have sussed out opiate drugs ages ago. I’m flying. I honestly can’t see us losing another game this year.
You mad cat.

Get well you campaigner.

Im saying Riewoldt can play in an outnumbered forward line because of how good he is quite often beating 2 opponents to take a mark, he doesnt get stuck in a wrestling contest he always flys for the footy.
Exactly. Riewoldt knows what he is and what he isn’t. He isn’t a bulky body who is going to try and wrestle a heavy defender like Hurn, Grundy, Frawley, Hurley, or Taylor. He is going to sit back and jump over the top or lead into space and use his wheels.

I don't doubt that we'll come out blazing in the first quarter - like we've done in all games bar North. What then needs to happen is that the players need to take pride in their work and refuse to give up a lead (wouldn't be surprised if we went 3-4 goals in front) and Goodwin needs to not s**t the bed. We have the talent to beat Richmond, just lacking the form and tactical nous. ******* frustrating.

I agree. I also think we give it time due to him having excellent speed and good enough disposal. I am well aware there is ‘more to it’, but given his age I think we persist as a midfielder that is quick can be really damaging.

My biggest concern is Hunt is a late bloomer he doesn’t have football knowledge like a Nathan jones who has played midfield all his junior and senior career. I just think hunt plays best on instinct and the HBF is the spot for him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have Oliver or maybe if he's tagged Petracca as far away from Martin as possible and then have Gawn whack it in the right direction. I should be coach.
Or just play three of Tyson, Trac, Oliver, Brayshaw, and Salem at every bounce. Jones, ANB, Hunt outside. Don’t mix it up more than that.

Hopefully not like those hideous blue/grey things that Carlton wore in R1 when one of the mums put all the knicks and jumpers in the same wash ! Ick !
That was weird wasn’t it. I tuned into the match (against better judgement) and all I saw was a bundle of laundry ready for sorting.

We won’t be the least like that. We will be sharp and red and dark blue and look a million dollars. Not certain about what happens after the ball is bounced though. We could well be ****ed big time.

Have Oliver or maybe if he's tagged Petracca as far away from Martin as possible and then have Gawn whack it in the right direction. I should be coach.
You should. Please be coach. Rock up to Gosch’s tomorrow and if anyone asks questions, tell them I gave it the okay.

Martin might not be fully fit but he only needs a burst of five minutes or so to have an influence on the game.
The passage of play when he flips Geelong's Guthrie inside out on the wing in the final is amazing.
Melbourne has the fundamentals of a good side and should make the finals.
I have not watched too closely but when Garlett runs out the back he is dangerous.

Martin might not be fully fit but he only needs a burst of five minutes or so to have an influence on the game.
The passage of play when he flips Geelong's Guthrie inside out on the wing in the final is amazing.
Melbourne has the fundamentals of a good side and should make the finals.
I have not watched too closely but when Garlett runs out the back he is dangerous.
The only way we will win is if we play accountable hard footy.

Bugg, Vince, Fritsch, Garlett, Wagner from last weeks team all named on the ground for Casey this Sunday so obviously on the extended interchange at this stage for Tuesday night.
Given that Garlett is obviously not going to be dropped I wouldn't read anything into this beyond us keeping Richmond on their toes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back