Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s a lot to go out, if i’m being realistic it will be

Out: Brayshaw, Bugg
In: Tyson, Pedersen

If I’m picking:

Out: Harmes, Bugg, Melksham, Wagner, Lewis, Garlett

In: Pedersen, Tyson, Stretch, Hunt, Hannan, Balic

The first three go out because they’re not good enough to hold their spot. Wagner gets in the way down back, we need to start playing Hibberd there again. Lewis and Garlett go as pure omissions - two of the most gutless displays I’ve seen in a while. Garlett in particular took the piss.
I think you just accept Jeffy’s one horrible showing every five weeks, knowing that he turns up enough through the course of the season to get 40 goals...

On the other hand, is that setting a poor double standard amongst the group?

I think you just accept Jeffy’s one horrible showing every five weeks, knowing that he turns up enough through the course of the season to get 40 goals...

He goes missing more than 1 in 5 games. He was down to 1 in 2 or so by the end of last season. I'd still say he's at that after today and Geelong being quite mediocre showings.

He can jag a goal out of nothing despite being anonymous thanks to his pace, but running back into a paddock is hardly good football and won't catch the better defenses out, but that seems to be our one and only plan B.

He goes missing more than 1 in 5 games. He was down to 1 in 2 or so by the end of last season. I'd still say he's at that after today and Geelong being quite mediocre showings.

He can jag a goal out of nothing despite being anonymous thanks to his pace, but running back into a paddock is hardly good football and won't catch the better defenses out, but that seems to be our one and only plan B.
He was in the all Australian conversation, not a bad year.

Why haven't you guys been playing Hunt? I thought he was one of your best players last year. Great kick and is a 80m+ player. Also Pederson straightens you up and frees up Hogan. Bewildering decisions IMHO.
Was Average Round 1, and was poor Round 2. Sent back to the VFL to get form. Same form line with Pedo, but we really need someone to give our forward line structure and relief ruck

This just reminds me of 5 years ago rotating Bail, Evans, Matt Jones and Terlich. Depth just isn't as good as what we thought.
I think we have better depth still.

Worth noting though, even in our worst year the reserves made finals still. So depth is hard go gauge in the VFL Comp

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well hopefully around a third of today’s team gets dropped, so it should be a pretty different Melbourne.

As for the result of the game, put your savings on Richmond and make a killing. $1.49 is ridiculous.
_______________________________________________________________________________________

I put $100 on Richmond. Money for old rope!! The odds will shorten.

I put $40 on Hawks at $2.20. $44, will pay for my coffees this week. (I'd rather have lost my money though.)

Talk of dropping Garlett is nonsense, yes he has anonymous games but we have no one close to being able to replicate what he does.
That and he's got the runs on the board this season to hold his place after ONE bad performance

I love Jeffy, but I thought he was abysmal today in a way I've not seen for a long time. Tough when you see what the Hawks smalls were doing at the other end.

He only got the ball eight times in round one for 1.2, and 11 times last week though he got a few goals.

I love Jeffy, but I thought he was abysmal today in a way I've not seen for a long time. Tough when you see what the Hawks smalls were doing at the other end.

He only got the ball eight times in round one for 1.2, and 11 times last week though he got a few goals.
Our "defenders" were basically setting up hawks to kick soccer goals with the way they were tapping the ball around instead of rushing.

Hawks had good delivery we didn't, Jeffy got burnt once over the top, a s**t kick from Bugg over the top and a missed snap. Any other day that's 3 snags. When you're small and light on a wet day all you can do is hope for it over the back. A wet heavy track isn't his go

Zero blame for Garlett.

When we go forward there is no key to crumb off and when we do set up forward theres 36 Numbers there which isn't conducive to a skinny small.

Flip it around and the Hawks kick a tall at the top of the goalsquare and are happy for the ball to get in behind for Breust and Puopolo etc

We always play better with Pedo in the side. Over the last three years I’d be interested to know what our winning record was with him in the side compared to not.

Since 2016, 16 wins 10 losses with pedo.
8 wins 14 losses without

I don’t think I can handle this match. Though I am relieved that I get one weekend to not have to watch these clowns.

I see no version of selection that makes this anything other than a disaster. Oh, also I hope it rains. We handle rain really professionally

We’ve got some boys in pretty poor form.

Melk, Harmes, Bugg, Jetta, ANB, Wagner.

We definitely need another tall up forward, and need to drop a couple of these above.

This game just showed the same issues we’ve had all year except that the Hawks actually exploited them - they were red hot and the way they finished and controlled the ball in the conditions was brilliant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back