Changes v Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
soft as * droppings.

Midfield gets slammed, so lets drop inexperienced forwards as an example...........

Bugg kicks 4, plays ok. Gets dropped
Fritsch shows good promise up forward. Gets dropped
Frost. Solid if not embarrassing..........gets dropped.

Here is a suggestion Goodwin. Stop trying to differentiate yourself from Roos and show you are your own coach.Your attacking gamestyle is losing us more games than it is winning them.

So game scenario. Riewoldt has Omac for company and then Nankervis drifts forward to rest, Lever takes him?
Or Riewoldt brings Omac up the ground so that it's an open 50 and Martin goes deep, Hibberd or Lever get him? I think we have made a huge mistake dropping frost. Would have dropped Wagner for team balance, now our backline is even slower than before and the Tigers have a mosquito fleet
Jetta takes Martin.

Admittedly Jet is out of form, but he's the perfect match up. Provided Lever can still cover 3rd man up it's all good (as good as it can be).

And if Nancervis is resting forward Gawn makes Grigg his bitch and we don't loose a centre clearance.

Jetta takes Martin.

Admittedly Jet is out of form, but he's the perfect match up. Provided Lever can still cover 3rd man up it's all good (as good as it can be).

And if Nancervis is resting forward Gawn makes Grigg his bitch and we don't loose a centre clearance.

Martin will destroy Jetta.
Gawns dominated hit outs all year including last week and we got belted in clearances, they will just rove his taps.

Martin will destroy Jetta.
Gawns dominated hit outs all year including last week and we got belted in clearances, they will just rove his taps.
Martin 1v1 in a head to head beats almost any defender in the AFL. Frost v Martin would be shambolic. At least Jetta can take pride in his performances.

Tyson (and Viney) are big ins for our midfield. Notwithstanding Gawn could literally stand there and hand the ball to out mids vs. Grigg

Jetta takes Martin.

Nankervis rarely, if ever rests up forward. He rucks the majority of the game and tends to push hard into the defensive 50. He has short stints on the bench.

Wagner is one of the hardest workers in a team where that isn't a given. I think he sucks as a player (rarely impacts contests in the air so he should defending the ball drop) but I'm not that annoyed that he's got one last shot. At least he's not in at the expense of Hunt.
I don't think its one last chance, I think the coaches really rate him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It seemed like Gawn and our mids were out of sync last week. Need to tighten up and actually make use of what will surely be a monumental amount of hitouts.

It seemed like Gawn and our mids were out of sync last week. Need to tighten up and actually make use of what will surely be a monumental amount of hitouts.
yeah but it wasn't very smart coaching using Jones to tag Mitchell imo, when we already had Viney out and no Tyson either. should of used Vince as the tagger and let Jones win his own ball, then we could of had 2 good ball hunters instead of 1 in Clarry.

Sorry to intrude but my mate from work is best mates with Fritsch from Coldstream.
He said that he has been dropped because Melbourne have a team policy about giving the 1st year players rests during the year.
He hasnt been dropped on form.

Good luck tonight and enjoy a large crowd :tonguewink::hearts::hearts:

Sorry to intrude but my mate from work is best mates with Fritsch from Coldstream.
He said that he has been dropped because Melbourne have a team policy about giving the 1st year players rests during the year.

I don't personally see the appeal of being surrounded by 50k ferals but I'm willing to tolerate it once a year

I don’t think that’s unlikely - that Fritsch is being rested I mean - especially with the short break between this and the next match.

Makes sense, because we had worse players than him last week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back