Changes v Saints April 25

Remove this Banner Ad

Geeze there’s some sore lads out there. Plenty of ice getting used this week I would imagine. Going to test the depth the next 6 weeks. How did SPP pull up. I’d imagine he’s short of match fitness at the moment so can’t see him being seriously considered for selection. ST Kilda don’t have great leg speed so I’d definitely bring Rockcliff in.

Would like to see Hayes in to maintain four quarters of tap dominance.

Pig must play.

Rozee is a guy we probably need to make a call on. Clearly injured - not sure the plan of playing him back in to health is working.
Rozee had his thigh strapped, residual soreness from last week?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would like to see Hayes in to maintain four quarters of tap dominance.

Pig must play.

Rozee is a guy we probably need to make a call on. Clearly injured - not sure the plan of playing him back in to health is working.
Rozee came alive in the last quarter and didn’t look incapacitated, whereas in the third he looked sore, tired and/or lazy.

Rozee was moments away from another couple goals too. A couple sloppy frees by our other forwards cost him a couple opportunities that spilled to him.

For me I think it's a no brainer that Rocky comes in for Houston.

Def: Aliir, Clurey, Jonas, DBJ, Jones, Burton, Bergman

Mid: Lycett, Boak, Wines, Amon, Rockliff, Gray

Fwd: Dixon, Marshall, Georgiadies, Fantasia, Rozee, Motlop, Woodcock

When I look at that balance though we have 2 midfield spots we need to fill. Farrell, Mead, Drew, Mayes are the ones up for selection.

Hopefully we persist with Drew, then personally I think we're going to need some ball using class, so I'd dump Mayes for Farrell.

So for me:

In: Rocky, Farrell, Drew
Out: HH, Houston, Mayes

I wouldn't mind seeing McKenzie come into the side to play Hamish Hartlett's defensive role.

Rozee was moments away from another couple goals too. A couple sloppy frees by our other forwards cost him a couple opportunities that spilled to him.

For me I think it's a no brainer that Rocky comes in for Houston.

Def: Aliir, Clurey, Jonas, DBJ, Jones, Burton, Bergman

Mid: Lycett, Boak, Wines, Amon, Rockliff, Gray

Fwd: Dixon, Marshall, Georgiadies, Fantasia, Rozee, Motlop, Woodcock

When I look at that balance though we have 2 midfield spots we need to fill. Farrell, Mead, Drew, Mayes are the ones up for selection.

Hopefully we persist with Drew, then personally I think we're going to need some ball using class, so I'd dump Mayes for Farrell.

So for me:

In: Rocky, Farrell, Drew
Out: HH, Houston, Mayes

It's been months since Farrell played a good game. Why are we dropping anyone for him? Mayes wasn't amazing but he was no worse than anything Farrell has offered for a long time.

I don't like Boak/Wines/Rocky/Drew in the one side either. One or the other for me.

Out: Hartlett, Houston
In: McKenzie, Rockliff

Last edited:
I thought Mayes was only okay, but I assume the coaches want a blend of experienced and hardened bodies rather than just chucking in young kids. What would coaches say? Role player

It's been months since Farrell played a good game. Why are we dropping anyone for him? Mayes wasn't great but he was no worse than anything Farrell has offered for a long time.

I don't like Boak/Wines/Rocky/Drew in the one side either. One or the other for me.

Out: Hartlett, Houston
In: McKenzie, Rockliff

Farrell reminds me of Jason Davenport but with inferior stats

1618665495691.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back