Unofficial Preview Changes v Saints

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm so mixed on these changes.

I'd have Trengove out, would not have dropped Todd.

On the other hand very happy to see TJ and DBJ back in and love watching AJ go about it
Interesting listening to Trengove.
Aware he is still a bit slow but believes this is due to him spending so much time injured over past 2 years.
Believes his continued hard work and Ports medical staff will have him back to his best.
Shame his navicular injury was due to an overloaded training plan. Thanks Melbourne.

Interesting listening to Trengove.
Aware he is still a bit slow but believes this is due to him spending so much time injured over past 2 years.
Believes his continued hard work and Ports medical staff will have him back to his best.
Shame his navicular injury was due to an overloaded training plan. Thanks Melbourne.

That's a reasonable attitude. He is playing out of position but deserves his chance. More likely to be understudy to SGray Boak or Rockliff but the chance was there with so many half backs injured.

Should stay on the list next year. Still a good player and great character.

would not have dropped Todd.

Fair's fair though. If we're dropping Watts because he wasn't doing enough/competing hard enough then the same must apply to Marshall.

For the best part of 3 quarters against the Blues he wasn't even at the races. Not only was he not getting touches, he wasn't getting to contests and generally looked lost. Add that to his quiet performances against the Dees and Dogs and he'd run out of chances.

Had to go back to the Magpies and regain touch.

Fair's fair though. If we're dropping Watts because he wasn't doing enough/competing hard enough then the same must apply to Marshall.

For the best part of 3 quarters against the Blues he wasn't even at the races. Not only was he not getting touches, he wasn't getting to contests and generally looked lost. Add that to his quiet performances against the Dees and Dogs and he'd run out of chances.

That’s what I thought, looked like he didn’t want to be out there and a little weak whe.ln at the contest.

Hopefully finds form in the SANFL fast, could probably do with another preseason as well.

Should be doing for us what Hipwood and Curnow are for Bris and Carlton

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That’s what I thought, looked like he didn’t want to be out there and a little weak whe.ln at the contest.

Hopefully finds form in the SANFL fast, could probably do with another preseason as well.

Should be doing for us what Hipwood and Curnow are for Bris and Carlton
I guess the death of both his parents within the last year has made things a lot tougher for young Todd.
He is so promising.
Hope he gets his mojo soon.

I guess the death of both his parents within the last year has made things a lot tougher for young Todd.
He is so promising.
Hope he gets his mojo soon.

Of course it would, but if he isn’t ready or in the right headspace he shouldn’t be in. His promise would have why he got picked last week.

When you pull the jumper on, and the game start got to step up, sad to say he didn’t, being omitted was th right decision.

One of my favourites, hopefully all comes together soon.

In his pre-dad form Marshall deserves a spot in the 22. It’s all a bonus though with him now. He put on some size over the preseason, but is still at least 2 away from been pushed aside easily and three from dominating. You can see all the tricks and football IQ there, just waiting for the body to catch up though.

I'm not gonna say that what you've posted is unfounded or way off base, just personally would have given him one more week.

It is certainly great to be in a position with depth that we can set hard standards for players.

I'm not gonna say that what you've posted is unfounded or way off base, just personally would have given him one more week.

It is certainly great to be in a position with depth that we can set hard standards for players.

Yeah, under any other circumstances I wouldn't mind loading games into him. But there's a premiership tilt afoot, etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back